2013-2014 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im having the b.c. problem. It says photo ID saved, then when I go to photo upload there's a picture of my birth certificate, not me. It doesn't matter how many times I try the picture I'm trying to post is not on the photo upload. Am I just supposed to submit?

Im having the b.c. problem. It says photo ID saved, then when I go to photo upload there's a picture of my birth certificate, not me. It doesn't matter how many times I try the picture I'm trying to post is not on the photo upload. Am I just supposed to submit?

i'm having the same issue. can anyone help us out?

also, has anyone figured out the letter situation? I have a letter packet from amcas. it says ot pick 2 letters but all i have the option to select is the entire letter packet name. plus it says that RMC hasn't received my letter packet yet even though i was amcas verified 6/11.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am having trouble saving my letters of recommendation...I can check the boxes next to the names, but can't find anywhere to save.

Rising M2 here-good luck to everyone applying!

Rush is incredible and I am so happy to be a Rushian. Feel free to PM me questions if you have them, I'll do my best to answer.

Rising M2 here-good luck to everyone applying!

Rush is incredible and I am so happy to be a Rushian. Feel free to PM me questions if you have them, I'll do my best to answer.

Is it not just Rusher?

i'm having the same issue. can anyone help us out?

also, has anyone figured out the letter situation? I have a letter packet from amcas. it says ot pick 2 letters but all i have the option to select is the entire letter packet name. plus it says that RMC hasn't received my letter packet yet even though i was amcas verified 6/11.

Yep I have been having the same exact problem and have been emailing them. They said the system has a few bugs and that they're working on it.

Yep I have been having the same exact problem and have been emailing them. They said the system has a few bugs and that they're working on it.

Same. Just patiently waiting and hoping that I'll be marked as complete soon.

submitted my app 2 days ago. they still aren't marking my letter packet as received. when it is received will i be able to choose which letters? right now i have 5 but i think they only wanted 2 or 3

submitted my app 2 days ago. they still aren't marking my letter packet as received. when it is received will i be able to choose which letters? right now i have 5 but i think they only wanted 2 or 3

Finally submitted yesterday after one of my letters came in. Saw on their website: "Within approximately two weeks of receiving all other required application materials, we will
confirm that AMCAS Letters Service has received your recommendations."

Is anyone's application actually complete? How long did it take for them to get the letters after you submitted and paid to Rush?

Last edited:
Finally submitted yesterday after one of my letters came in. Saw on their website: "Within approximately two weeks of receiving all other required application materials, we will

Is anyone's application actually complete? How long did it take for them to get the letters after you submitted to AMCAS?

My application is complete. It says my letters were received the day before I submitted on the site, but they weren't marked as being received until about a week after I submitted.

My application is complete. It says my letters were received the day before I submitted on the site, but they weren't marked as being received until about a week after I submitted.

Cool thanks. Looks like I need to just chill out and wait for a week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
My committee letter has just been marked as received (AMCAS processed it on the 9th); hope to submit the secondary today and be complete soon. :)

Did anyone else have trouble uploading a wallet-sized photo on the supplemental app? I ended up emailing my photo to the office of admissions today because when I tried to upload my photo all that showed up was my passport photo from the previous page...

I had the same problem; I submitted today and emailed them my photo just in case.

1000 characters is so not enough for the culture prompt.

My committee letter has been marked as "received." It's still listed twice on my letter status, though… so I'm still "incomplete." They responded to my email today saying that they're trying to fix it.

Any update on this? I have two letters, which show as received, but for whatever reason there are duplicates of the same letter marked incomplete, therefore the entirety isn't complete..

Any update on this? I have two letters, which show as received, but for whatever reason there are duplicates of the same letter marked incomplete, therefore the entirety isn't complete..

Nope. Still the same problem…. It's frustrating! I'm going to give it until Monday night and if it's not fixed, I'll be emailing them on Tuesday. I don't want to annoy them, but it just seems like a pretty easy fix to me? I'll keep this feed updated.

Nope. Still the same problem…. It's frustrating! I'm going to give it until Monday night and if it's not fixed, I'll be emailing them on Tuesday. I don't want to annoy them, but it just seems like a pretty easy fix to me? I'll keep this feed updated.

same problem here as well -_-

I've been having the same problems as everyone else said. My picture is not being saved so I plan to email them it as well. I'm also having a problem with the app not saving my duration of service choice from the drop down bar. Should I still submit even though everything else is done except those 2 glitches in the app?

I've been having the same problems as everyone else said. My picture is not being saved so I plan to email them it as well. I'm also having a problem with the app not saving my duration of service choice from the drop down bar. Should I still submit even though everything else is done except those 2 glitches in the app?

Email them for sure--they haven't emailed me back, but my picture on my supplemental app now is the one I emailed them so I think they fixed it. :)

I would call/email about the duration of service glitch; the only problem I had with my app was the photo submission.

Email them for sure--they haven't emailed me back, but my picture on my supplemental app now is the one I emailed them so I think they fixed it. :)

I would call/email about the duration of service glitch; the only problem I had with my app was the photo submission.
thanks cyaneidae. I've emailed them twice for 2 different glitches, which 1 has been absolved. They never got back to me when I've emailed them before. The only reason I have answers for anything is because of SDN.

thanks cyaneidae. I've emailed them twice for 2 different glitches, which 1 has been absolved. They never got back to me when I've emailed them before. The only reason I have answers for anything is because of SDN.

I completely understand; like I said, I didn't get an email response back for my query--the only reason I figure they got the email is because my photo problem was fixed.

Try calling the number listed on the MSAR (312-942-6915)--people a page back called it and got a hold of the office of admissions, I think.

I completely understand; like I said, I didn't get an email response back for my query--the only reason I figure they got the email is because my photo problem was fixed.

Try calling the number listed on the MSAR (312-942-6915)--people a page back called it and got a hold of the office of admissions, I think.
ok, i'll do that. Thanks again

So on my app, my two letter writers are each listed twice. The first time they're listed, the letters are marked as being received a few weeks ago. However, when they're listed again, the letters are marked as not received. As a result, my app is still marked as incomplete... despite them having my letters. Is anyone else having this problem? I've emailed them twice but have not gotten a response.

Still no reply about the BC glitch and I can't submit because the section is marked as incomplete. Oh well

So on my app, my two letter writers are each listed twice. The first time they're listed, the letters are marked as being received a few weeks ago. However, when they're listed again, the letters are marked as not received. As a result, my app is still marked as incomplete... despite them having my letters. Is anyone else having this problem? I've emailed them twice but have not gotten a response.

I have the exact same issue. Also have not yet received a response.

Still no reply about the BC glitch and I can't submit because the section is marked as incomplete. Oh well

I have the exact same issue. Also have not yet received a response.

It can't hurt to call the school--and I've found that calling schools gets an issue fixed much faster than by just emailing them:

For everyone having the picture glitch...I had the same thing, passport scan uploaded, and it showed up on the Photo page. Then I uploaded my photo, still saw a 2x3 size scan of my passport.

Logged out, logged back in, my photo is there and both sections are marked complete. Going to submit and hope that both photos are there.... :)

Is anyone's application actually complete? How long did it take for them to get the letters after you submitted and paid to Rush?

Mine was complete the moment I hit submit, but I had letters sent through interfolio straight to AMCAS back in May and I have a fee waiver. So they showed my letters right away and waived the fee immediately.

How long did it take everyone to receive the secondary? My primary has been verified for a week and I have not heard anything from them yet =(

For everyone having the picture glitch...I had the same thing, passport scan uploaded, and it showed up on the Photo page. Then I uploaded my photo, still saw a 2x3 size scan of my passport.

Logged out, logged back in, my photo is there and both sections are marked complete. Going to submit and hope that both photos are there.... :)

Thank you so much, I logged on today on a different computer and everything was normal. I was able to submit

How long did it take everyone to receive the secondary? My primary has been verified for a week and I have not heard anything from them yet =(

Verified 6/17; primary submitted to schools 6/28; RMC Secondary 7/1; Secondary submitted 7/11

Has anyone been able to contact the admissions office regarding LOR problems?

I've sent them two emails already, but have not received a response. I tried calling the number provided by the MSAR, but it's just an automated message telling you to email them any questions.

rfenzo, any luck?

I've sent them two emails already, but have not received a response. I tried calling the number provided by the MSAR, but it's just an automated message telling you to email them any questions.

rfenzo, any luck?

I got an email response about 1.5 weeks after I sent it… they basically just thanked me for telling them about the duplicate letter entries. Nothing has been fixed, though :/ This was the FIRST secondary I submitted, so I'm ultra frustrated at this point.

yeah this was among the first few secondaries I sent in, I worked hard to finish it the day I received it. I'm starting to feel like I just lost $90...

Amcas has received my LORs, but on my Rush's page it says they have not received it. How long does it take Rush to download it?

Is anyone who was employed during undergrad having trouble with the personal information section? I selected that I was employed during undergrad, but I didn't click the part-time box because I didn't work up to 20 hrs/wk. Only the problem is... I can't complete the personal information section until I click that checkbox, or the full-time check box.

1. Describe personal attributes you possess or life experiences you have had that will enable you to better understand patients with a culture different from your own. Please include your self-reflection on how this experience has changed insights, beliefs, and/or values. (1000 characters)

2. Identify community service activities in which you have participated in during the last five years.
Check all that apply.

3. Identify research in which you have been involved:

4. Identify your healthcare-related experience(s):

Question 1 is the only real essay, the rest are checking boxes that apply.

When you say "1000 characters," does that include spaces??

Is anyone who was employed during undergrad having trouble with the personal information section? I selected that I was employed during undergrad, but I didn't click the part-time box because I didn't work up to 20 hrs/wk. Only the problem is... I can't complete the personal information section until I click that checkbox, or the full-time check box.

Part-time technically means less than 40 hrs/week. How many did you work a week?

Yeah, technically I was part-time since I worked 15hr/wk, but in the secondary, part-time is described as 20 hours or more a week..

Yeah, technically I was part-time since I worked 15hr/wk, but in the secondary, part-time is described as 20 hours or more a week..

I noticed that too. Did you ever work more hours, maybe during the summer? I clicked it because all averaged out, I think 20 hours was probably a fair assessment.

rfenzo, any luck?

Alright so now the duplicates are gone, but the secondary still is not marked complete (I have the red exclamation point sign next to both my letter status and complete status on the main status page). Anyone else wondering about this?