-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Rutgers University - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is anyone else planning to go to one of the "day in the life" days?
I emailed about going march 18th. seems fun/interesting
Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? It's like an eternal wait........
So I called them today, b/c I am jumping at every email and phone call. They said "you will hear back sometime this month. Probably around the middle of the month."
A bit vague, but at least we can relax till after this week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You, sir or madame, deserve a great big thank you.So I called them today, b/c I am jumping at every email and phone call. They said "you will hear back sometime this month. Probably around the middle of the month."
A bit vague, but at least we can relax till after this week!
So I called them today, b/c I am jumping at every email and phone call. They said "you will hear back sometime this month. Probably around the middle of the month."
A bit vague, but at least we can relax till after this week!
During the orientation portion of my interview day (2/10), M. Kramer said our group would most likely be discussed at the 3/12 adcom meeting. I'd expect an answer towards the end of next week!
I guess today may be the day for some lucky (well, more than luck) folks?During the orientation portion of my interview day (2/10), M. Kramer said our group would most likely be discussed at the 3/12 adcom meeting. I'd expect an answer towards the end of next week!
Any movement on the Robert Wood Johnson front?I guess today may be the day for some lucky (well, more than luck) folks?
All is quiet
Whew, thought I was the only one. Nothing on my end either.
Is the interview season over?
Is the interview season over?
I think the last interview date is Friday.
They ARE making calls today...just got my first acceptance!
IS/3.6C/3.9S/38
IS/3.6C/3.9S/38
Last edited:
damn..I really hope theyre not done.
Got my call yesterday afternoon! First acceptance, and withdrawing all other apps because this was my top choice! IS, 3.5C/3.8S, 33.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they are done interviewing. I just got the pre-interview rejection email yesterday. Sorry everyone! Good luck to those who still have a chance.
Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear. If anyone is planning on coming to "Day in the Life" this coming Tuesday, we have a nice day planned to help you get a glimpse into what M1 year is like here at Rutgers. We held one this past week, and it was very well received. Also if you are accepted, I highly recommend attending our Accepted Students Day on April 11th. Should be a great time with question/answer session, student groups, etc - and we'll be heading out to a local bar afterwards in New Brunswick!
Is there any place I can find details on the 3/18 "Day in the life" such as a start time/place? Do we need to RSVP? Thank you!Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear. If anyone is planning on coming to "Day in the Life" this coming Tuesday, we have a nice day planned to help you get a glimpse into what M1 year is like here at Rutgers. We held one this past week, and it was very well received. Also if you are accepted, I highly recommend attending our Accepted Students Day on April 11th. Should be a great time with question/answer session, student groups, etc - and we'll be heading out to a local bar afterwards in New Brunswick!
Can anyone comment on how easy/difficult it is to get in-state status for tuition purposes? (Accepted for this fall.) I contacted the admissions office and they sent me a long and complicated looking form to fill out and send to the state revenue department...
Background: I'm a slightly older student (25), originally from NJ but have been living elsewhere for the past 7-8 years...so I have out-of-state voter registration, driver's license, tax returns, etc. My parents still live in NJ but according to this form that RWJ sent me, anyone born before 1990 is considered an independent student so I don't know if that helps my case.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? If I get started now on switching my license and voter registration and so on back to my parents' address, do you think I'll be considered in-state by the fall or will I have to wait it out another year?
Background: I'm a slightly older student (25), originally from NJ but have been living elsewhere for the past 7-8 years...so I have out-of-state voter registration, driver's license, tax returns, etc. My parents still live in NJ but according to this form that RWJ sent me, anyone born before 1990 is considered an independent student so I don't know if that helps my case.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? If I get started now on switching my license and voter registration and so on back to my parents' address, do you think I'll be considered in-state by the fall or will I have to wait it out another year?
By searching google I found this, which says: "A student shall be classified as a "resident" for tuition purposes upon admission to a public institution of higher education in the State of New Jersey if the student has been domiciled within the State of New Jersey for at least one year immediately prior to enrollment."
From this, it looks like it will take a year, unfortunately. Not sure if the document is for both undergraduate and graduate programs, however. Maybe try calling financial aid or the registrar instead of admissions?
Also says: "Residency for tuition purposes is governed by New Jersey Administrative Code 9A:5-1.1 et seq., which requires that individuals must be legally domiciled in the state for twelve months before becoming eligible for in-state tuition rates. The law also permits those living in the state for less than twelve months to petition for resident status through the admissions office or the Office of the Registrar, as appropriate. Petitions for resident status will be granted only in those cases where there is clear and compelling evidence that New Jersey is the legal domicile of the student"
Just got the acceptance call today, so the class was definitely not filled prior to today (and still may not be). I interviewed on March 14th, the last interview day.Been wait listed since December. Does anyone know if the class is full ?
Are you guys bringing your parents to accepted students day on April 11th?
.
Last edited:
Also withdrew in the last few days - good luck, all!
Does anyone know when they will go to their high priority alternate list? I recently received an email from NJMS saying they were going to review their priority alternate list applicants soon and to provide a final update. I was wondering if anyone knows about what RWJMS plans to do? Do they review them in a group like NJMS or do they just start calling applicants as they please? I know in the RWJMS priority alternate list letter they said they typically can offered acceptances to the alternate list which gives me some hope, but I'm just starting to get ancy as it's getting late into May.
I emailed the admissions office about wait list movement and received this response.
"As of today, we have not gone into any wait list. In the past, we usually do not
offer seats until later in the summer. This sometimes occurs on the day that school
starts. Students are still holding."
Well, I dunno how much movement we can expect to see but the regular alternate list seems like a huge long shot now =(
"As of today, we have not gone into any wait list. In the past, we usually do not
offer seats until later in the summer. This sometimes occurs on the day that school
starts. Students are still holding."
Well, I dunno how much movement we can expect to see but the regular alternate list seems like a huge long shot now =(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hola to everyone applying! Long-time lurker here but I just wanted to wish all of you luck this upcoming application cycle! I was fortunate enough to be accepted to RWJMS through a Joint BA/MD Program at Rutgers recently so I'm going to be a part of the Class of 2018! I hope to see some of guys next year and look forward to an awesome four years!
Would you mind posting your stats for when you were accepted into the BA/MD program?
Did they heavily weigh any high school activities or did they focus on college activities?
Did you have anything "extraordinary"?
I am currently a sophomore interested in applying to this program and wanted to see what kinds of students they are looking for
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K