-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Rutgers University - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sure! 3.8/34 IS w/ research from an RWJMS professorCongrats, @Tassatul! Mind sharing your approximate GPA/MCAT? Also, are you IS or OOS? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will RWJ send information on how to apply for financial aid? If so, when should we expect that info? I have a general understanding of what the process entails but other than the May 1st priority deadline, I'm lost when it comes to timeline. Should I begin filling out FAFSA on my own or wait it out until I hear from the school? Can any current students or more informed accepted students help out? Thanks in advance!
I just got my official interview invite today. Only date was March 14 but it seems like theyre making more.Anyone get an II recently? I still haven't heard anything from RWJ
Will RWJ send information on how to apply for financial aid? If so, when should we expect that info? I have a general understanding of what the process entails but other than the May 1st priority deadline, I'm lost when it comes to timeline. Should I begin filling out FAFSA on my own or wait it out until I hear from the school? Can any current students or more informed accepted students help out? Thanks in advance!
we got some info at accepted students day in January. I'll PM you some info!
I just got my official interview invite today. Only date was March 14 but it seems like theyre making more.
Congrats! Sounds good. I just hope i get one.
still waiting, interviewed 12/13any december interviewees hear back yet?
Does anybody know if there are any delays on when the adcom will be meeting bc of the recent closures due to snow?
Also, does anyone know the February interview dates and whether they'll be included in the next adcom meeting??
Thanks!!
Also, does anyone know the February interview dates and whether they'll be included in the next adcom meeting??
Thanks!!
Not yet, I don't think.
for anybody who was accepted, is there a Class of 2018 Facebook group? thanks
Will we hear today or by the end of the week?
Just an FYI, I interviewed on 1/31 and we were told the admissions committee has a meeting on 2/12 so we would likely have a decision shortly after that.
Will we hear today or by the end of the week?
They didn't say specifically. The exact quote was that there was an ad com meeting on Feb 12 and we should have a decision "shortly after that." Sorry I don't have any more info!
I'm hoping it's today because I keep jumping every time my phone vibrates. My nerves are pretty much shot at this point.
Yay.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too!! I keep refreshing my email every 10 mins too! And it doesn't help that I do have that much to do at work today. This day is putting me on edge!
Do you think that phone calls will still be made tomorrow if Rutgers is closed due to the snow storm?
Do you think that phone calls will still be made tomorrow if Rutgers is closed due to the snow storm?
They didn't say specifically. The exact quote was that there was an ad com meeting on Feb 12 and we should have a decision "shortly after that." Sorry I don't have any more info!
I'm hoping it's today because I keep jumping every time my phone vibrates. My nerves are pretty much shot at this point.
Yay.
Me too!! I keep refreshing my email every 10 mins too! And it doesn't help that I do have that much to do at work today. This day is putting me on edge!
Do you think that phone calls will still be made tomorrow if Rutgers is closed due to the snow storm?
That's pretty unlikely I would say. If the school is closed I can't imagine the office of admissions continuing working, but that's just my opinion. The snowstorm is supposed to be about 10 inches so I'm anticipating a bit of a delay.
Again, yay.
That's pretty unlikely I would say. If the school is closed I can't imagine the office of admissions continuing working, but that's just my opinion. The snowstorm is supposed to be about 10 inches so I'm anticipating a bit of a delay.
Again, yay.
lol i feel you man. i've been waiting to hear since 12/13. anxiety through the roof! the snow's making everything worse too from shoveling to these delays
Last time the committee met (dec 11), people started to hear back that day. I wonder what the hold up is
This. Is. Pure. Torture.
This. Is. Pure. Torture.
Nothing yet. Rutgers has a delayed opening until noon today so I wouldn't expect anything until at least then.anyone hear anything so far tonight?
Nothing yet. Rutgers has a delayed opening until noon today so I wouldn't expect anything until at least then.
So I lied because I just got the phone call!! Even better because I completely was not expecting it. I might have cried a little lol This was the only acceptance I cared about.
Good luck everyone!
So I lied because I just got the phone call!! Even better because I completely was not expecting it. I might have cried a little lol This was the only acceptance I cared about.
Good luck everyone!
JUST GOT THE CALL!!! Dr. Terregino said they had a late committee meeting last night and that she would be making about 40 more calls today. GOOD LUCK Everyone!!!
Congrats guys! Still waiting to hear. It's driving me nuts
OMG I GOT THE ACCEPTANCE CALL TODAY!!! Wow! What dedication they have to still work during this outrageous storm!! Too bad I was sleeping like a baby when she called me at 8:57 this morning because my office was closed and my phone was on silent, thinking all of Rutgers may be closed as well!! Wow!!
Good luck everyone!! Hang in there!!!
Good luck everyone!! Hang in there!!!
The calls usually take more than one day. I think two or three. Hang in there!
My hope is really beginning to die at this point 🙁
You think so? I am praying they do it alphabetically. My last name begins with S and I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to me yet..
Yeah I think so. From past rounds and years, you'll see that they rarely get all the phone calls done in one day. Alphabetically is reasonable. Nice and systematic. Also the email hasn't come and I'm assuming that's automated and will be sent out all at once.
You think so? I am praying they do it alphabetically. My last name begins with S and I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to me yet..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like practically everyone else around me has gotten the call except me. Not sure how to gauge that. This whole app process is just driving me crazy.
I'll just go to sleep figuring that I'm waitlisted or just outright rejected.
I feel the same way. But like Doctorinthehouse has said, I doubt she calls everyone in one day, especially with this weather and Rutgers being closed. I looked back in this thread, last time they called people it was done on a Wednesday after their adcom meeting. The next day, she still had ~50 calls to make. (Yeah I really analyzed it through lol). So here's to hoping we hear something soon. Also I don't think she does it alphabetically since I know someone with the same last name as me who already received a call this morning. But that's just my optimistic guess. I can imagine you've been feeling crappy all day-I know I have. We just gotta have faith, as difficult as that may be.
Congrats guys! Great
Was this Adcom meeting for MD only or both MD and MD/PHD?
Yes I'm holding on to the last piece of my faith.....
Was this Adcom meeting for MD only or both MD and MD/PHD?
Yes I'm holding on to the last piece of my faith.....
Anyone else heard anything today? Either by email or phone?
Anyone else heard anything today? Either by email or phone?
Nothing. Hangin on by a sliver of hope. =\
Only ominous silence.Anyone else heard anything today? Either by email or phone?
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted to RWJMS! I have just found a Facebook group for the Accepted Class of 2018. If you have been accepted and plan on attending this school join the group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/600402723387362/ =)
I attended the January reception w/o parents, but I will probably be at the April reception with my parents. It was a great way to meet people and to get a better feel for the school so I definitely recommend going! Congratulations!For accepted students, are you guys going to housing days or the April reception? I commute but I was looking to get to know some of you people!
Has anyone that got the call recently, received an email with more info regarding dates etc?
Has anyone that got the call recently, received an email with more info regarding dates etc?
I got the call Thursday morning, then got an email shortly after about student heath and immunization forms. Nothing about dates/securing a spot/deposit yet.
Based on people who got accepted earlier in this thread it looks like we have to mail in some kind of formal letter to accept the spot in the class. Hopefully they'll send some more information soon.
When did you interview ?alternate list. letter received in the mail today.
When did you interview ?
12/13/13. not sure how much the WL moves…just hoping i'll make the cut in a few months
I got an official acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. It asked to respond in writing to the offer of admission by March 3rd. There wasn't much else in the letter though, and it was only a single piece of paper. Seems like they'll send information in pieces over the next few months.I got the call Thursday morning, then got an email shortly after about student heath and immunization forms. Nothing about dates/securing a spot/deposit yet.
Based on people who got accepted earlier in this thread it looks like we have to mail in some kind of formal letter to accept the spot in the class. Hopefully they'll send some more information soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected post-interview yesterday via snail mail. I thought I performed decently on the MMI..not sure what happened. Maybe being out-of-state ended up hurting me in the end?
Anyone that interviewed Feb hear back (specifically sometime around the 10th)? I haven't gotten anything in the mail or an email...I wonder if we were bumped to the next adcom meeting
I got an official acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. It asked to respond in writing to the offer of admission by March 3rd. There wasn't much else in the letter though, and it was only a single piece of paper. Seems like they'll send information in pieces over the next few months.
Got the letter in the mail this past week too, nice to see we don't have to send any money to lock down a spot!
Anyone that interviewed Feb hear back (specifically sometime around the 10th)? I haven't gotten anything in the mail or an email...I wonder if we were bumped to the next adcom meeting
Same here, interviewed in that time frame and heard nothing back yet
Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? It's like an eternal wait........Same here, interviewed in that time frame and heard nothing back yet
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K