2013-2014 Rutgers University - Robert Wood Johnson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Placed on the "alternate list." Is this the same thing as a traditional wait list?Any idea how many people RWJ takes from its alternate list?Also, who/which email do I send updates/LOI's to ?
 
For accepted students: have you received confirmation that they received your letter? I sent mine on the 13th and they havent acknowledged my letter
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For accepted students: have you received confirmation that they received your letter? I sent mine on the 13th and they havent acknowledged my letter
I haven't received confirmation either (sent in around the same time as you). I did email Ms. Kramer and she told me "not to worry" and that they will acknowledge it. Still worried.
 
I haven't received confirmation either (sent in around the same time as you). I did email Ms. Kramer and she told me "not to worry" and that they will acknowledge it. Still worried.

Right?? isnt this kind of important? I called her twice and she said they're "very backed up". Oh well, at least we will have the head of admissions to vouch for our interest.
 
Don't worry at all. If you were accepted and you sent your letter in, you are fine. They are not going to all of a sudden pull your acceptance (even if they never get your letter). They would reach out to you first... you should get emails/notifications about Accepted Students Day on January 17th if you haven't already.
 
I haven't heard from RWJ yet- i'm considered an IS applicant. Should i email them or something? I sent in a LOI but haven't heard anything back.
 
I haven't heard from RWJ yet- i'm considered an IS applicant. Should i email them or something? I sent in a LOI but haven't heard anything back.
Im in the same boat. I even go to Rutgers and did research at RWJ. A Prof wrote me a letter of rec. I am losing hope quickly I really assumed I wouldve heard back by now. Complete mid september. 34/3.8/IS
 
Im in the same boat. I even go to Rutgers and did research at RWJ. A Prof wrote me a letter of rec. I am losing hope quickly I really assumed I wouldve heard back by now. Complete mid september. 34/3.8/IS

I don't know what to think anymore. IS school, 3.6/35 plus excellent research, ECs, and strong letters. What else do you need to do these days? :depressed:
 
Just got an email today that confirmed my acceptance letter I sent in around Dec 13th. Hopefully someone makes a facebook group (I am not tech savvy), or I will see everyone January 17th!
 
I don't know what to think anymore. IS school, 3.6/35 plus excellent research, ECs, and strong letters. What else do you need to do these days? :depressed:

I know it might be difficult, but try to stay optimistic. Many students are invited for interviews and accepted after January 1st. There are still nearly 1/2 dozen interview dates with 40+ students at each day... unlike NJMS, the incoming class of 2018 is not completed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it might be difficult, but try to stay optimistic. Many students are invited for interviews and accepted after January 1st. There are still nearly 1/2 dozen interview dates with 40+ students at each day... unlike NJMS, the incoming class of 2018 is not completed.
+1 on the not hearing a peep...sigh, I guess I will keep waiting!
 
Just got an email today that confirmed my acceptance letter I sent in around Dec 13th. Hopefully someone makes a facebook group (I am not tech savvy), or I will see everyone January 17th!
I emailed my stuff in and received a confirmation like on dec 29th too! Are you attending all the events on the 17th or just the banquet?
 
I emailed my stuff in and received a confirmation like on dec 29th too! Are you attending all the events on the 17th or just the banquet?

Woohoo! But hmm what specific events? I think I am going early to talk to the financial counselor and get the tour. What about you/are your parents going?
 
Woohoo! But hmm what specific events? I think I am going early to talk to the financial counselor and get the tour. What about you/are your parents going?
Same I'm going for the financial aid, tour, banquet, and happy hour. Just not sure if I should bring my parents or not lol

Are u bringing urs?
 
Hi everyone. i got accepted to rwj few weeks ago and i am going to attend robert wood starting this year fall. has any one started filling the fafsa yet? i don't know what is the school code for RWJ.

most likely will meet everyone on the jan17 during winter reception.
 
Hi everyone. i got accepted to rwj few weeks ago and i am going to attend robert wood starting this year fall. has any one started filling the fafsa yet? i don't know what is the school code for RWJ.

most likely will meet everyone on the jan17 during winter reception.

Google?
 
well of course i did. but in fafsa, they are asking for Rutgers code. Since RWJ is integrated in it, it probably is 002629 or may be it is different.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well not last yr, msar 2014 is class of 2012 right? alot of ladies too, not saying thats a bad thing but hopefully they give us guys more spots 😛
 
Anybody know how long this school interviews till? Been complete since september and no word yet. Same with njms lol
 
They said this year they were considering international students, anyone happen to hear of any that got II this cycle?
 
For those wondering about whether to bring parents or not on the 17th, you can go either way and it's perfectly fine. Mine came last year and then left when it was happy hour - it should be a fun exciting day for everyone attending. Oh and the Class of '16 had an anomaly w. female/male ratio - '17 is more evenly balanced at around 55/45 F:M.
 
For those wondering about whether to bring parents or not on the 17th, you can go either way and it's perfectly fine. Mine came last year and then left when it was happy hour - it should be a fun exciting day for everyone attending. Oh and the Class of '16 had an anomaly w. female/male ratio - '17 is more evenly balanced at around 55/45 F:M.

is that the only event for accepted students? they have another later in the cycle?
 
Ditto the facebook group, somebody should start one! Can't wait to see everybody on the 17th! Question: Do we need to come early for the tour and financial aid appointment or do we just go from 1-5pm?
 
Ditto the facebook group, somebody should start one! Can't wait to see everybody on the 17th! Question: Do we need to come early for the tour and financial aid appointment or do we just go from 1-5pm?

I'm not really sure but if u want to attend the appointment its from 1 - 5. and then happy hour
Question: How dressy are you guys getting for this/are making ur parents get dressed up.
Part of me wants to whip out the ol' interview suit but another part just wants to wear a nice business casual dress. (but i don't want to freeze either if the tour is outdoors and what not.)
 
I'm not really sure but if u want to attend the appointment its from 1 - 5. and then happy hour
Question: How dressy are you guys getting for this/are making ur parents get dressed up.
Part of me wants to whip out the ol' interview suit but another part just wants to wear a nice business casual dress. (but i don't want to freeze either if the tour is outdoors and what not.)

the email says business casual so I'll just go that route. I hope to never wear that interview suit again (or at least not for a while, I look like a lady FBI agent)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sent in a letter of interest/update yesterday at around 10PM to Dr. Terregino. Received an email from her this morning saying she received it and would pass it on. Later that day I get an email from Mrs. Kramer saying that I will be receiving an interview invite and I just need to wait for interview spots to become available. Not sure how a spot would become available (I guess if someone gave up their date that would be one way) but I am glad to see that my letter of interest (pre-II) seems to have worked!