2013-2014 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You mean by snail mail?!
Yep. I had actually sent them an email earlier that day asking about when I could expect to hear back and they sent me back an acceptance email this morning. I got the acceptance by snail mail first though

Yep. I had actually sent them an email earlier that day asking about when I could expect to hear back and they sent me back an acceptance email this morning. I got the acceptance by snail mail first though

On what date did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah! I interviewed the week of 12/15 and I am getting very anxious. Has anyone else who applied that week heard besides pomo?

ACCEPTED! First acceptance, re-applicant, interviewed 12/2!!!!! Been lurking for a while. I called yesterday to check on the status of my decision and got the email just now! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED! First acceptance, re-applicant, interviewed 12/2!!!!! Been lurking for a while. I called yesterday to check on the status of my decision and got the email just now! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!
Congrats!

Has anyone started a Facebook page yet? :)

I don't think so. I did a search and only class of 2017 showed up.

Yeah, I don't think there is a page yet. But I believe its usually the second years that organize orientation info and such that set up the fb page. That way they can screen who is actually joining?

Is SLU done giving out II?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 1/7 and am wondering how SLU would react to an update letter this early. The only thing I'd really have to add (besides more volunteering experience) is a summer bike trip across the US to help build homes and fundraise for/spread awareness of affordable housing issues (essentially a service trip). Would they even care about that at this point or is it too soon after the interview? Should I save it in case I get WL? I'd rather send it before I get a rejection notice!! What do you guys think? I'm pretty inexperienced with the application process.

I interviewed on 1/7 and am wondering how SLU would react to an update letter this early. The only thing I'd really have to add (besides more volunteering experience) is a summer bike trip across the US to help build homes and fundraise for/spread awareness of affordable housing issues (essentially a service trip). Would they even care about that at this point or is it too soon after the interview? Should I save it in case I get WL? I'd rather send it before I get a rejection notice!! What do you guys think? I'm pretty inexperienced with the application process.

I think its a good idea to send the update before you're presented on the admissions board. It shows them that you're interested in the school, especially since you just went to the school. When I applied last year, I sent updates in January since its been at least 6 months since your primary. If you wait any longer then it becomes the time where people send their letters of intents instead of updates.

Members don't see this ad :)

I agree with the above. It's better to update them earlier to push towards a potential acceptance than to update them later to get off a wait list. Give them all the ammo they need to defend your case ;)

I agree with the above. It's better to update them earlier to push towards a potential acceptance than to update them later to get off a wait list. Give them all the ammo they need to defend your case ;)

Thank you! I was trying to make that point but I didn't know how to write it quite right then just forgot about it.

Thanks for the advice guys! I just sent it in, hopefully they will send me a receipt sometime tomorrow. Really enjoyed all the people at SLU; it was a great experience. We will see what happens.

Anyone know how many people are on pulled off waitlist each year? Is it possible to get pulled before May 15.

I'm withdrawing my acceptance soon once my other accepted school gets my forms :) Good luck to everyone applying and waiting for a decision!!

Were you accepted to Pitt? Their decisions came out today. If so, congratulations!!

Accepted this morning!! Interviewed 12/16

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on alternate list today :/ Interviewed 12/2. Anyone know what kind of movement they have with their alternate list?

For those of you that have sent post-interview updates/LOI's, did you just send it to the admissions office? and was there any confirmation that it was received?

For those of you that have sent post-interview updates/LOI's, did you just send it to the admissions office? and was there any confirmation that it was received?
I sent it to their admissions email and they confirmed it had been added to my file but apparently there is a place to upload LOIs on the supplementary application portal.

I sent it to their admissions email and they confirmed it had been added to my file but apparently there is a place to upload LOIs on the supplementary application portal.

great, thank you! maybe I'll upload and email it, just to be extra annoying and neurotic ;)

great, thank you! maybe I'll upload and email it, just to be extra annoying and neurotic ;)
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right? Though I'm so glad that my first time applying, I didn't get into the schools I sent LOIs to!

Placed on alternate list today :/ Interviewed 12/2. Anyone know what kind of movement they have with their alternate list?
Sorry to hear that. I've been wondering the same thing about movement. Does anyone recall if they rank the waitlist, and if they will tell us this ranking? I don't remember if they mentioned this at the interview.

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 12/10 (I think?--There's been a lot going on between then and now)

Reactions: 1 users
May I ask why? Is it because you like SLU so much now?

Yeah. One school I could've ended up at, I have heard really bad stories about from current students, and the other school (a good school) would have put me at a 12 hour drive from my significant other instead of the current 5. So I'm really glad how things have worked out, because SLU is great (though I'm not loving the cold weather).

Buttermellow! Can you tell SLU to give me an II? Kthx :)

II today. Not sure if worth attending the interview at this point. Already have an acceptance I would rather go to.

II today! Super excited. I was complete in October and sent a few activity and coursework updates along with a letter of interest.

Anyone know if there is a second look weekend?

can we call in regards to our application status after our interview (interviewed early Jan, was curious/anxious)?

Does anyone know what being placed on the "Alternate List" entails? When do alternate-listed people generally find out whether they're accepted? Are chances pretty slim since they over enroll?

Does anyone know what being placed on the "Alternate List" entails? When do alternate-listed people generally find out whether they're accepted? Are chances pretty slim since they over enroll?

Did you just get placed on the "Alternate List"?

yep. Got the email at 12:27 EST and interviewed on 1/6

Okay thanks, for the info. I interviewed in december and haven't heard yet. Hopefully it's a good sign. Sorry I don't know anything about the alternate list...

Okay thanks, for the info. I interviewed in december and haven't heard yet. Hopefully it's a good sign. Sorry I don't know anything about the alternate list...
Interviewed in Dec. too and so far nothing. Think it's a good sign?

can we call in regards to our application status after our interview (interviewed early Jan, was curious/anxious)?

Yes. I called the admissions office about 6 weeks after my interview. The person who answered was more than happy to let me know the status of my decision. She actually told me that it would probably be a couple more weeks before I heard back, but I received an acceptance email the next day. Whether my call had any bearing on how quickly I heard back, I'm not sure.

Anyone know how long it takes to receive the acceptance packet in the mail. It's been almost three weeks since my acceptance email and I'm a little worried =|

I believe they got back to me about 5 days after I sent the letter/deposit by mail from California. You may want to follow up just to be safe.

Has anybody been invited for an interview lately?

I interviewed here this last Monday and was wondering about sending in a post-interview LOI or additional letters of recommendation.

I think my interview went fairly well and I already emailed my interviewer thanking him for his time (also mentioned that this is my top choice school). Is that sufficient in terms of stating my interest? Or should I grab a couple letters from my current job and volunteering experiences to supplement this.