2013-2014 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ii today. i feel like i had just stopped checking this thread religiously, and all of a sudden, there it is

Reactions: 1 users
i creeped on last year's thread and there was a second look date in march-so I'm assuming there'll be something similar this year.....

Members don't see this ad :)
February interviews are probably for the wait list, right?

Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Accepted just now via email! OOS interviewed 11/19 3.7/33

Reactions: 5 users
officially withdrew my app today.. good luck to everyone else here

i creeped on last year's thread and there was a second look date in march-so I'm assuming there'll be something similar this year.....
I looked at that thread and the second look day turns out to be URM only. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have been accepted and have decided to attend SLU, does anyone know how we would go about exploring housing options and finding roommates? Is there a list they start or a facebook page for the incoming class?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II today, complete October!

(oos, 3.84, 31)

Last edited:
It may have been stated before but does anyone know if they do pre-interview rejections or is it more of a silent rejection? Complete since Oct 23rd and nada :(

For those of you who have been accepted and have decided to attend SLU, does anyone know how we would go about exploring housing options and finding roommates? Is there a list they start or a facebook page for the incoming class?

Sometime toward the end of the year, the class above you will put together a housing survey, in which we list our current housing, price, location, etc. There will be tons of posts from the upper classes with housing options, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Though it's never too early to start getting an idea of the prices and where you'd like to live. Here's the housing survey results from previous years: https://sites.google.com/a/slu.edu/slusom-housing/

Oh, and if someone who's been accepted hasn't started a FB page for your class, you could go ahead and create one.

Completed since late-August and just recieved an II yesterday. I am not sure whether I will attend this interview or not-I didn't expect an interview here and am not sure now if I would even attend if I was accepted given the location (no family or friends in Missouri). Can anyone shed some light on the interview day process and the school itself?

Got an II yesterday. Interviewing with Dr. Perman. Has anyone interviewed with him?

Completed since late-August and just recieved an II yesterday. I am not sure whether I will attend this interview or not-I didn't expect an interview here and am not sure now if I would even attend if I was accepted given the location (no family or friends in Missouri). Can anyone shed some light on the interview day process and the school itself?

The interview day is composed of an 1-hour interview with a faculty member, 1-hour tour of medical school building and hospital (wasn't too impressed), 45-min lunch with current students, and 15-minute financial aid presentation. The day is loosely structured and the only time the interview group (around 20-25 people) is all present is during the tour, lunch, and financial aid presentation. During the rest of the day, interviewees are waiting in a conference room and going in and out for interviews.

This was my first time visiting the Midwest and I felt a welcoming vibe from the school and the city. The students were down-to-earth and my interviewer had a lot of great things to say about the school. I felt the administration genuinely cared about the well-being of students and created a very supporting atmosphere. The curriculum is great and the STEP 1 scores are above national average. St. Louis is a fun city with a lot of history. The campus is supposed to be beautiful but the weather on my interview day prevented me from walking around.

Acceptance!! Huzzah. 3.79/33Q('12 test), OOS-CA, Asian, Secondary submitted 10/21. Don't know if I'm allowed to say my interview information because it is very unusual.

Sorry if this post sounds very suspicious since it is my first post but I lurk alot and every question I wanted to ask people have asked before.

Acceptance!! Huzzah. 3.79/33Q('12 test), OOS-CA, Asian, Secondary submitted 10/21. Don't know if I'm allowed to say my interview information because it is very unusual.

Sorry if this post sounds very suspicious since it is my first post but I lurk alot and every question I wanted to ask people have asked before.

Congrats! Did you interview in november or december?

Congrats! Did you interview in november or december?

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but they didn't tell me to keep it a secret. I interviewed on 1/14 and was accepted 1/14, it is as it sounds, I was accepted during my interview. This is my second time interviewing at SLU, I was wait-listed last year and, apparently, I was very close to coming off the wait-list at the end.

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome! Actually I've heard similar stories from reapplicants at SLU. :)

interviewed 11/25 and still haven't heard anything back. getting super nervous... has anyone else from this date heard back?

hey all,
respectfully declined my ii today (32 3.6 OOS strong EC/non trad.). all the best to those that fill the open interview spots and eventually matriculate into a great school with slu :)

Hey guys, I was complete here in July. Haven't heard anything so far.

Would any of you know how a pre-interview Letter of Interest would be received? Negatively, positively, don't care, etc?

ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited: Loved the school when I visited so it's definitely one of my top choices.

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited: Loved the school when I visited so it's definitely one of my top choices.
Congratulations! I guess I'll see you during orientation then.

I know it's probably posted somewhere (sorry I'm too depressed to dig through pages...)...but when does St. Louis interview till?

I haven't heard anything, and I've been complete since September (OOS)...

Bah...when should I give up?

Has anyone started a Facebook page yet? :)

Accepted by mail today!!!! So excited I loved this school when I visited

Reactions: 3 users
I know it's probably posted somewhere (sorry I'm too depressed to dig through pages...)...but when does St. Louis interview till?

I haven't heard anything, and I've been complete since September (OOS)...

Bah...when should I give up?

SLU interviews until April, I believe. :luck:

What date did you interview? Congrats!!! =]

I interviewed during the week of 12/16. ;)

Has anyone started a Facebook page yet? :)

I don't think so. I did a search and only class of 2017 showed up.

Hey ya'll just received an II! Had actually given up on the school, so this was a pleasant surprise, however I'm curious. Been superficially perusing through the thread, but In your opinion, do you believe it would be for an acceptance slot or wait list slot considering it's so late in the cycle??

Hey ya'll just received an II! Had actually given up on the school, so this was a pleasant surprise, however I'm curious. Been superficially perusing through the thread, but In your opinion, do you believe it would be for an acceptance slot or wait list slot considering it's so late in the cycle??
Blergh, hate feeling pass over....

Congrats. When were you complete? I don't think it would hurt to attend if it is affordable and if you would seriously consider going to this school.

Congrats. When were you complete? I don't think it would hurt to attend if it is affordable and if you would seriously consider going to this school.

Completed October 2nd, 2013. Like I said before, this was unexpected and a pleasant surprise and I agree, it definitely wouldn't hurt to attend the interview and see what the school is like

Blergh, hate feeling pass over....

Stay positive and optimistic hopefloatsss, things always come at the most unexpected time. Sending positive vibes and well wishes your way! Cheers!