2013-2014 University of Oklahoma College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mods are assigned randomly, but I've never seen a mod that hasn't gotten along. Each mod has its own personality, and Orientation Week is designed as one big bonding experience. If we're being honest, my mod is probably the only reason I'm still sane.

Thanks for the information. I am looking forward to the experience!

Members don't see this ad.

How soon were those of you accepted able to find out after the committee met? I realize snail mail will take a several days, but did they email you? Able to give a yay or neigh over the phone?

How soon were those of you accepted able to find out after the committee met? I realize snail mail will take a several days, but did they email you? Able to give a yay or neigh over the phone?

They will email you about the decision. I was in the first round of interviews so our decision didn't come until almost 2 months after, but for anyone who has interviewed in January, I was under the impression that decisions would be made by the middle/end February. But for sure the info will come in email initially. They will not share the info over the phone. You will also be able to see the acceptance info on the secondary application page, but that is updated at the same time as the email is sent. Hope this info helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
The letter was kind of a letdown considering how long it took them to mail it compared to its contents (a simple congratulations). I was expecting a huge packet with some additional information about Second Visit Day and orientation schedules. :(

The letter was kind of a letdown considering how long it took them to mail it compared to its contents (a simple congratulations). I was expecting a huge packet with some additional information about Second Visit Day and orientation schedules. :(

No joke!! I felt the same way...

I think Second Visit Day might be an email as well. And orientation is a loooong way away. Enjoy your last 6 months of freedom.

Just FYI, I emailed Dotty about when we might hear about February acceptances and she replied: "We are hoping to have notifications out by the end of next week."

Reactions: 1 user
Just FYI, I emailed Dotty about when we might hear about February acceptances and she replied: "We are hoping to have notifications out by the end of next week."

Talked to her yesterday also and heard the same thing. *brace for impact*

On Saturday, March 8 from 8-3 the 2014 Bridges to Access conference is going to be at OUHSC. It's free and open to the public, with breakfast and lunch provided. If anyone is interested, here's the link for more info and to register: http://www.ouhsc.edu/communityhealth/b2a/index.html. I'm going, maybe I'll see some of y'all there. It sounds like a pretty stellar opportunity.

How many times will I refresh my email today?... Do you think by "this week" Dotty meant the week ending today or starting Monday?

How many times will I refresh my email today?... Do you think by "this week" Dotty meant the week ending today or starting Monday?

It most certainly means next week, starting Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh. Thank you! I read the post wrong... well I guess I've waited this long, what's one more week of anticipation and worry? :lame:

We're all there with ya. The next 72-168 hours are going to go unbelievably slow. Our fate has been decided, whether the line has been drawn under or through our names is already known. Now here we sit... Hurry up and wait.

Does anyone know what form the notification will be in? For some reason, I just assumed an email, but no one ever actually confirmed this.
longest. week. ever. :(

Accepted!! In-State 3.8/27

So excited! Best of luck to everyone and cant wait to meet you in August!

Wait-listed. In state non-traditional with 3.9/34. I guess there is still hope.

Accepted!! I have never been so afraid to open an email in my life. And now I'm crying because I'm so happy. :')

Wait-listed. In State 35/4.0. Honestly I'm surprised, but at least I wasn't rejected! Yay for crappy interviews!

Accepted!!! OOS (with family ties) / 3.4 / 33. See you guys in the fall! Best of luck to everyone wait-listed!

Based on the language from the mail... I would assume its safe to say that not much action really happens until May 14th in terms of movement on the wait list eh?

Based on the language from the mail... I would assume its safe to say that not much action really happens until May 14th in terms of movement on the wait list eh?
I would have to agree with you there, though I certainly hope it does. I'm so done with waiting.

I would have to agree with you there, though I certainly hope it does. I'm so done with waiting.
Well, they have to submit a deposit in two weeks. So it's possible that people who are already accepted at a school they'd rather go to will just not deposit and therefore give up their seat.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, they have to submit a deposit in two weeks. So it's possible that people who are already accepted at a school they'd rather go to will just not deposit and therefore give up their seat.
I like the way you think. Way to stay positive.

I like the way you think. Way to stay positive.
Thanks. I'm super surprised I got wait-listed though. Have a higher MCAT and GPA than those currently in the class and I had a killer interview (in October, no less). So, I'm hoping I'm near the top of that wait-list.... This just sucks. Haha

And by surprised I mean bummed.
Same here. I can't say that my interview was stellar. It was quite difficult and a little, er, aggressive. But my stats and extracurriculars are pretty legit. I guess I just was not quite what they were looking for. Hopefully we're close to the top of the waiting list.

So aside from the transcript due at the end of July, the deposit, and the background check, is there anything else that OU requires from the accepted applicants to maintain admissions?

I wonder how many applicants are holding multiple acceptances...

I wonder how many applicants are holding multiple acceptances...

I'm sure there's several. I can't imagine they'd get any less than 30 deep into their wait list, so maybe you guys will be alright! At MU they tell you whether you're in top 1/3, middle, or bottom. Are they able to do that here?

I'm sure there's several. I can't imagine they'd get any less than 30 deep into their wait list, so maybe you guys will be alright! At MU they tell you whether you're in top 1/3, middle, or bottom. Are they able to do that here?

OU doesn't tell you your watilist position. However, I've heard that people who go to the reapplicant workshop are sometimes hinted if they're in "good standing" or not.

You've got a point, if you are in the top 5 or so on the waitlist you are essentially in. But for there to be a list 60 deep has to be significant in some way... they wouldn't put 60 students on a list if they only expected 15 or so to actually be moved up.

I imagine the reapplicant workshop to go something along the lines of "this is what needs work" or "that wasn't what we were looking for" as opposed to a where you stand amongst the list. I guess I'll find out in a month for myself.

Accepted! 4.0/30 OOS. Love it here in OK though. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

So aside from the transcript due at the end of July, the deposit, and the background check, is there anything else that OU requires from the accepted applicants to maintain admissions?
Two other things that I've heard are: 1) you must have health insurance, but you can get it through the University. 2)Last year's class had to take the Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers class. I'm pretty sure that's just an amped up CPR class.

Two other things that I've heard are: 1) you must have health insurance, but you can get it through the University. 2)Last year's class had to take the Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers class. I'm pretty sure that's just an amped up CPR class.

1) They should send info about school student health insurance if you don't have your own provider. I believe you're supposed to turn in your documentation during Orientation, along with...

1.5) Vaccine history. During Orientation Week you're also required to get a TB test.

2) Info will be sent out on BLS classes during the summer. It's something done at OUHSC for a reduced price compared to outside classes. If you can't make a summer date, they should have a session or two in Orientation Week as well.

I just got a couple of emails about setting up my new ouhsc email account, but the second email seems to be missing the attachment we're supposed to click on. Anyone else have this issue?

I just got a couple of emails about setting up my new ouhsc email account, but the second email seems to be missing the attachment we're supposed to click on. Anyone else have this issue?

I haven't even gotten an email about ouhsc accounts. Has everyone else gotten this email?

Also has anyone that was just admitted in February received their admissions packet?

I haven't even gotten an email about ouhsc accounts. Has everyone else gotten this email?

No, I haven't. I think anyone admitted in February hasn't received the admissions packet or instructions for e-mail yet.

No, I haven't. I think anyone admitted in February hasn't received the admissions packet or instructions for e-mail yet.

Ok thank you. My mother is an alum and is letting me know everyday that I haven't gotten the packet yet. Thanks, I'll tell her to calm down!