2013-2014 University of Oklahoma College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a background check request yesterday, but nothing on making an ouhsc account.

Members don't see this ad.

I received a background check request yesterday, but nothing on making an ouhsc account.

I called IT and they walked me through it, I'm sure everyone will get the emails soon. I payed my deposit a few days ago, and got the emails after that.

I haven't even gotten an email about ouhsc accounts. Has everyone else gotten this email?
So quick update, I just realized I did receive an e-mail from OUHSC IT on how to set up the e-mail, however, it went to one of my random e-mail accounts, not the one I used for AMCAS... weird. I must have put that e-mail in somewhere but I have no idea where.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off of the waiting list! SO MUCH HAPPINESS RIGHT NOW. I'm so ready to be a part of this class!

Reactions: 4 users
Just thought I would mention there has been some waitlist movement-- status changed to accepted.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the waitlist!!! Don't know what to do with myself sitting in class right now haha Congrats to everyone else who got moved today!

Reactions: 4 users
4.0, 43, OOS

ahh I'm just messin around... 3.76, 35, OOS, and non-URM :)

URM stands for underrepresented minorities :)

Members don't see this ad :)
See? Told you it could be as early as this week!
Now I just hope I'm not too far below you!!! :/
With the stats you have (I just crept back in your history, sorry), I feel like you have a reason to be confident. Just go to the reapplicant workshop. Friends I have who are MS-1 have said they may hint at your status on the waiting list while at the workshop, even if they don't give you an exact number. And people who are getting other acceptances are probably getting them and making decisions right around now, so hopefully more and more people will be hearing. Best of luck!

With the stats you have (I just crept back in your history, sorry), I feel like you have a reason to be confident. Just go to the reapplicant workshop. Friends I have who are MS-1 have said they may hint at your status on the waiting list while at the workshop, even if they don't give you an exact number. And people who are getting other acceptances are probably getting them and making decisions right around now, so hopefully more and more people will be hearing. Best of luck!
Haha thanks! I really appreciate your encouragement. I hope you're right and we can all laugh about this in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Haha thanks! I really appreciate your encouragement. I hope you're right and we can all laugh about this in the fall!
I'd agree your stats are solid-- shouldn't be too many spots down the waitlist. How did you feel the interview went? My stats were similar to sigdoc and upsidedown and it looks like we all heard at the same time.

Curious Sigdoc and Upsidedown10, are you two waiting on any other schools?

Looks like second visit is officially April 5th.

I felt like my interview was stellar. I don't know how it could've went better. I kinda wish we could submit more stuff now. I'm about to have some of my research get published. That would've helped. Ha.

I felt like my interview was stellar. I don't know how it could've went better. I kinda wish we could submit more stuff now. I'm about to have some of my research get published. That would've helped. Ha.

It sounds like the Interview then is the wildcard... you just won't know how well it went until you are officially "accepted" or "rejected".

In my case, I'm afraid that my stats aren't quite as impressive as the aforementioned acceptances off the waitlist, so I've come to terms that I must be much further down the wait list myself.

It sounds like the Interview then is the wildcard... you just won't know how well it went until you are officially "accepted" or "rejected".

In my case, I'm afraid that my stats aren't quite as impressive as the aforementioned acceptances off the waitlist, so I've come to terms that I must be much further down the wait list myself.

I don't recall the weight of the non-cognitive score from the interview, but I would say I feel like my interview was somewhat weak (upsidedown said something similar if I recall). So I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of you with lower stats are right in the mix with us.

Mistabovine, yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from USC. Thats it for me though :)

I'd agree your stats are solid-- shouldn't be too many spots down the waitlist. How did you feel the interview went? My stats were similar to sigdoc and upsidedown and it looks like we all heard at the same time.

Curious Sigdoc and Upsidedown10, are you two waiting on any other schools?

Looks like second visit is officially April 5th.
Not waiting on other schools. I applied to 13 (ugh), but only was interviewed by OU. I had some weak spots in my application, and I think applying to research institutions while a main theme in my personal statement was how realizing that I DIDN'T want to do research changed my entire college career was probably a poor choice. But OU's been a top choice from the get-go because of the experiences I've had at the Bedlam clinic in Tulsa, so I'm pretty jazzed about staying in-state.

Yeah. That dang interview. I literally don't know how it could've been perceived bad though. The people interviewing even said I was one of the best applicants they've ever interviewed. :/
Oh well, I'm keeping my head up and hoping I hear something very very soon. :)

I agree with what Mistabovine said above. Don't discount yourself too quickly. Even if MCAT and GPA aren't tops, you still totally have a shot. My interview definitely could have gone better; I have an inordinate capacity for bluntness and sticking my feet in my mouth. So on a scale of 1-10, my interview was probably a 3. If you felt your interview was decent (or even are unsure about it) you totally still have a shot. From what I've heard, but these are definitely not absolutely accurate numbers, ~20 people were accepted off of the waiting list last year and ~40 were in the class of 2016. I have a friend who is an MS1 at OU who wasn't accepted until July. Key is to stay confident/positive and go to the reapplicant workshop.

I added updates to my file a couple of weeks after my interview! I sent Dotty a word document listing the things I had been doing since the interview, but this was before decisions were made. Are you sure you can't submit more stuff now?

Yeah. The wait list email said that all our information is sealed and no further information can be added to our files.

Yeah. The wait list email said that all our information is sealed and no further information can be added to our files.

Oh my bad, but judging by your posts I bet you're at the top of the list anyway :) Hope you hear good news soon!

Btw, has anyone applied for scholarships yet?

Anyone know how many people are off the wait list?

I am on the wait list (3.6/30). I went to the re-applicant workshop today, which was helpful. My committee member said that they did not know my position on the list. Did anyone else on the wait list who went to the workshop today get any hints about their position?

My committee member told me that they all know where each individual was on the list, however it would be inappropriate for them to reveal that data to everyone. Instead, I was urged to "feel fairly strongly about my chances"..."would take my odds over others"... yet to also prepare for the MCAT should it come to retaking and simply wait for May to roll around and keep up with school. They also read all sorts of excerpts from my interview that the reviewers had posted about my interview as well as impressions. I have to say, I felt 90% better leaving that workshop than when I had entered.

Yeah. I wish I could've gone to the workshop but I had to work :/

So who all is planning on attending second look day? I will be there and I am looking forward to meeting some of you!

I'll be there - although as one of the current students helping out!

Same here, Knitress! Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going for the food.

Congrats on matching, by the way!

I can hardly believe it is mid April already... or that it flurried this morning even haha... Its inching closer to May 14th for those of us on the waitlist o_O

I can hardly believe it is mid April already... or that it flurried this morning even haha... Its inching closer to May 14th for those of us on the waitlist o_O
Dude I'm so ready for it to get here. Watching scrubs every waking moment sure isn't calming me down either. Haha

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think there has been much wait list movement this far along in the year?

I doubt it. If you look back at last year's posts people didn't hear anything until May 20th. We could always call Dotty and ask how many have been moved off though.

Fair enough. I would still imagine a hand full of wait listers would have heard something by now, how many I have no idea.

Accepted off the waitlist 30 minutes ago. Typing this while dancing

I also just got accepted!!! I hope a lot more of us move off that waiting list!

3.4(including pharmacy school)/31/IS

Last edited:
Congrats to those who were accepted. The FB group for our class was recently moved from open to secret. Just a heads up if any of you have difficulty finding/joining the group.

For those that are just getting off the waitlist, how did OUCOM contact you?
Was it by e-mail, phone, or the awesome big red packet?

I just want to know if I should stop checking my email every few hours or if I should keep at it!

Thanks!