2013-2014 University of Oklahoma College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that are just getting off the waitlist, how did OUCOM contact you?
Was it by e-mail, phone, or the awesome big red packet?

I just want to know if I should stop checking my email every few hours or if I should keep at it!

Thanks!

Mine was via email. I had already checked my email like 10 minutes before I got the message so obsessive checking can be worth it lol

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks jqueb29!

I was wondering, did anyone from the wait list who got accepted write a letter to the admissions office, or contact them in any way shape or form?

I personally made no contact with them after my interview. They say the waitlist is ranked and that your ranking on the list is set in stone once the list is made

Members don't see this ad :)
dropped my acceptance today. Will miss my family and Oklahoma, but Im going elsewhere. Good luck to all of you!

I got off the waitlist a bit ago, but I think contact method remains the same. So to answer the question, email. Keep at it. But don't stress out too much.

Accepted this morning =] Email was at 7:41am =] I am so thrilled!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't suppose anyone can throw me an invite to the FB page? PM me for my real name? haha

Does anybody live in The Village? Looking at buying a house out there and the commute doesn't seem that bad but I'd like to hear from someone who has experienced it

Does anybody live in The Village? Looking at buying a house out there and the commute doesn't seem that bad but I'd like to hear from someone who has experienced it
I live pretty close to The Village. The commute isn't bad, on average it takes me about 20 minutes to get to campus in the mornings. If class starts a little bit later it is closer to 10-15 minutes. I usually leave about 40-45 minutes early, though in case there is an accident on I235 (happens a lot). Also, it takes a few minutes to walk from O Lot to the BSEB.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I'm a current MSI (almost MSII!!). Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Accepted on Tuesday 5/13/14.

Stats: 3.8, 28, IS

Can't wait to get started, and good luck to everyone! Hang in there! ;)

Congrats to all accepted! Anyone have any updates on approximately how many people are off the waitlist now?

Congrats to all accepted! Anyone have any updates on approximately how many people are off the waitlist now?

Based on last years thread it appeared as if most of the staff had "gone on vacation" or something right around this time so there is no telling when they might answer any of our questions.

On an unrelated noted... does anyone know if there is such thing as Studying Abroad during medical school? I'm envisioning summers of course...?

Based on last years thread it appeared as if most of the staff had "gone on vacation" or something right around this time so there is no telling when they might answer any of our questions.

On an unrelated noted... does anyone know if there is such thing as Studying Abroad during medical school? I'm envisioning summers of course...?
To my understanding, you can do away rotations abroad. I knew someone who did an away rotation in Colorado, but you can do them in like Spain or Hong Kong. (Maybe. Little bit of exaggeration there. I don't really know exactly where you can do them. But abroad is go.)

Congratulations to all of you guys. If any of you need an invite to the Facebook page just message me your names and I'll add you.

I decided to defer due to commitments already made for the upcoming year. Going to be a part of the 2019 graduating class! Good luck 2018!!!