You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Your consideration across tracks is completely separate. The status of one doesn't affect the others.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if they'll be giving out md-phd interviews soon? Thanks!Your consideration across tracks is completely separate. The status of one doesn't affect the others.
Rejection 🙁 This one stung a bit, it was a reach school but I would have loved to have a chance to go here. Best of luck to everyone here with II's and to those who are still in the running!
I received my secondary invitation on July 18th and I still haven't submitted because I've had a lot going on (unforeseen things) - is it still worth it to submit this late after receiving it? I'm still really interested in both the College and University Tracks, but I'm worried it's been too long without submitting.
I received my secondary invitation on July 18th and I still haven't submitted because I've had a lot going on (unforeseen things) - is it still worth it to submit this late after receiving it? I'm still really interested in both the College and University Tracks, but I'm worried it's been too long without submitting.
Hopefully it'll be fine, I received one around then and plan to submit it next week.
I don't think they'll disadvantage you based on how long it takes you to do the secondary, it's just that submitting a secondary late basically puts you on the same page as people who got their primaries verified late and submitted secondaries immediately.
sorry to hear 🙁 I fully expect to receive one soon - do you mind sharing when you were complete?Rejection 🙁 This one stung a bit, it was a reach school but I would have loved to have a chance to go here. Best of luck to everyone here with II's and to those who are still in the running!
Not at all. I was complete 7/22. Here's to hoping you didn't suffer the same fate as I did. Best of luck!sorry to hear 🙁 I fully expect to receive one soon - do you mind sharing when you were complete?
Thank you! I was just completed last week so we'll see. Huge reach for me. Good luck with the rest of your cycle!Not at all. I was complete 7/22. Here's to hoping you didn't suffer the same fate as I did. Best of luck!
AAHH II this morning, marked complete on 8/26. I am IS. Feeling grateful!
wow, congrats on that turnaround! mind sharing stats?AAHH II this morning, marked complete on 8/26. I am IS. Feeling grateful!
wow, congrats on that turnaround! mind sharing stats?
Thank you! Haha not sure why it was such a fast turnaround. My numbers are good but not mindblowing. LizzyM between 76 and 78.
I take this back. From the email: "Although the deadline for completion of the secondary application is December 15, we strongly recommend that you complete the online secondary within two weeks of receipt; completing the secondary as early as possible may enhance your chances of being invited for an interview. Note that you will not be closed out of the application after two weeks, however."Hopefully it'll be fine, I received one around then and plan to submit it next week.
I don't think they'll disadvantage you based on how long it takes you to do the secondary, it's just that submitting a secondary late basically puts you on the same page as people who got their primaries verified late and submitted secondaries immediately.
Oops :\
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Case has student hosts? I searched last year's thread but couldn't find anything. I can't find a cheap flight to Cleveland and would hate to have to get a hotel room on top of it :/
Does anyone know if Case has student hosts? I searched last year's thread but couldn't find anything. I can't find a cheap flight to Cleveland and would hate to have to get a hotel room on top of it :/
Go to the application status page on the portal and select the student host link.
oops is right...anyone with an II that submitted after the 2 weeks? mine was submitted 2 1/2 weeks after... 🙁I take this back. From the email: "Although the deadline for completion of the secondary application is December 15, we strongly recommend that you complete the online secondary within two weeks of receipt; completing the secondary as early as possible may enhance your chances of being invited for an interview. Note that you will not be closed out of the application after two weeks, however."
Oops :\
While I do think it is best to get things in early, I think it is important to not overreact. I think they are just saying that they want your stuff ASAP. I don't think it is a case where it is an automatic "minus five points" in your chances for an interview. If they were only going to give interviews to people who submitted in under two weeks, they would have made it a hard deadline. It is still early.oops is right...anyone with an II that submitted after the 2 weeks? mine was submitted 2 1/2 weeks after... 🙁
Well. . .a mind is a terrible thing to blow. 🙂 Brilliant AND modest. . .many congratulations! Rock it!Thank you! Haha not sure why it was such a fast turnaround. My numbers are good but not mindblowing. LizzyM between 76 and 78.
Placed on hold for College Track today. Nothing from University Track. Is a hold basically a rejection here, or do people routinely get interviews after being placed on hold? Simply curious! Congrats to all the IIs!! 🙂
dang! someone in admissions must have thought you were super standout for getting such a quick turn around!II today morning! Really excited! Complete a week or so ago, LizzyM~73
congrats!
Did you get an e-mail or just see it on the status check page?Placed on hold for College Track today. Nothing from University Track. Is a hold basically a rejection here, or do people routinely get interviews after being placed on hold? Simply curious! Congrats to all the IIs!! 🙂
Did you get an e-mail or just see it on the status check page?
I got an email that my status had changed, so I logged on and saw it. When I got the email, I thought it'd be a rejection! But nope.
Bleh, nothing but silence from Case. Congrats to those with IIs!!
Last edited:
I'm sure your II is coming 🙂 - You are a highly competitive applicant for alllll the schools.Bleh, nothing but silence from case. Congrats to those with IIs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bleh, nothing but silence from Case. Congrats to those with IIs!!
Somehow I don't feel sorry for you!
Bleh, nothing but silence from Case. Congrats to those with IIs!!
I'm in the same boat! BUT muchhhh less II's from other schools to make me feel better haha
Awesome! Congratulations! (And, by the way. . . .Cleveland Rocks!!) 🙂II today morning! Really excited! Complete a week or so ago, LizzyM~73
See? It's good to keep turning your face toward the sun! Congratulations!!I got an email that my status had changed, so I logged on and saw it. When I got the email, I thought it'd be a rejection! But nope.
See? It's good to keep turning your face toward the sun! Congratulations!!
Congratulations on the hold? Haha I'm just glad it wasn't an outright rejection so I will accept the congratulatory message! 🙂
Bleh, nothing but silence from Case. Congrats to those with IIs!!
You should be fine... I was complete in late July last year and got my interview invite on October 19th last year (almost 3 months after I was complete)... And I was not on hold, so there's always hope!
Last edited:
I received my secondary invitation on July 18th and I still haven't submitted because I've had a lot going on (unforeseen things) - is it still worth it to submit this late after receiving it? I'm still really interested in both the College and University Tracks, but I'm worried it's been too long without submitting.
Hopefully it'll be fine, I received one around then and plan to submit it next week.
I don't think they'll disadvantage you based on how long it takes you to do the secondary, it's just that submitting a secondary late basically puts you on the same page as people who got their primaries verified late and submitted secondaries immediately.
I take this back. From the email: "Although the deadline for completion of the secondary application is December 15, we strongly recommend that you complete the online secondary within two weeks of receipt; completing the secondary as early as possible may enhance your chances of being invited for an interview. Note that you will not be closed out of the application after two weeks, however."
Oops :\
For what it's worth, Case was the last secondary I submitted and I almost didn't submit it due to secondary burnout and $$$. I sent it in about 4-6 weeks after I got the secondary sometime in late August. I think I received invites to both programs in late October. I interviewed at the tail end of their interview season due to scheduling conflicts and did just fine. Should you submit it ASAP? Of course, it'll give you the best chances to score an interview. Is it required? Probably not, but this is n=1 and YMMV.
@ovenmitts @qszwdxefc
I also submitted WAY past 2 weeks, and it worked out. Don't be afraid to take a shot.
I also submitted WAY past 2 weeks, and it worked out. Don't be afraid to take a shot.
Mm bbvvnnnnnnnnnnnnmnbbbbvi
H:
Hb u7 uhh hbbb
H:
Hb u7 uhh hbbb
Any current students or applicants willing to give an overview what their interview day was like (University Track)?
Last edited:
Any current students or applicants willing to give an overview what their interview day was like (University Track)?
I don't remember it too well, but I think it was one of the longer interview days. Started around 8, had breakfast and the interviews between 8 and 11ish (one student, one faculty, about 30min each), then the tour up to noon, then lunch with students till 1, then financial aid and student service presentations. I'd like to say everything was done by about 3:30, but don't quote me on that.
For what it's worth, Case was the last secondary I submitted and I almost didn't submit it due to secondary burnout and $$$. I sent it in about 4-6 weeks after I got the secondary sometime in late August. I think I received invites to both programs in late October. I interviewed at the tail end of their interview season due to scheduling conflicts and did just fine. Should you submit it ASAP? Of course, it'll give you the best chances to score an interview. Is it required? Probably not, but this is n=1 and YMMV.
Could you tell us a little about your interview experience? How it related to the others for example? Thanks.
Congratulations on the hold? Haha I'm just glad it wasn't an outright rejection so I will accept the congratulatory message! 🙂
What is the hold message? Does it show up in the little box with the UT and CT tabs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the hold message? Does it show up in the little box with the UT and CT tabs?
It just says that my app has been reviewed and placed on hold for further consideration until January. It was in the CT tab. Nothing in the UT tab.
It just says that my app has been reviewed and placed on hold for further consideration until January. It was in the CT tab. Nothing in the UT tab.
What tabs are you guys talking about?
It just says that my app has been reviewed and placed on hold for further consideration until January. It was in the CT tab. Nothing in the UT tab.
Gotcha. Thanks!
When you log in and scroll to the bottom of the page, there's a box that has your status for UT and CT (if you applied to both). It might say something like "no correspondence from University Track program" or some other status. You toggle between UT and CT statuses by clicking on the tabs (on the upper left of the box). The box is outlined in orange...? Not sure how to describe hehehWhat tabs are you guys talking about?
II for the University Track. No news from the College Track. For those with IIs to both tracks, did the invites arrive simultaneously?
Yes, I received them both at the same time.II for the University Track. No news from the College Track. For those with IIs to both tracks, did the invites arrive simultaneously?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K