You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That could be true and I certainly hope it is But they probably over accept (>150) outright since people decline their acceptances and then go elsewhere, and then accept a small number of people from the wait list if the class still isn't full. 🙁
That's a good point.... I guess I kind of misspoke when I said took 185 off the waitlist. I know they mentioned at the interview that they take a majority of their class off the waitlist, so that gives me a little hope 🙂
Last edited:
That's a good point.... I guess I kind of misspoke when I said took 185 off the waitlist.
You could probably assume an initial acceptance rate of 1.5-2, with 2 acceptances per 1 seat being more likely.
So initial acceptances could be anywhere from 225-300 and the rest of the acceptances were taken off the waitlist. That could give you a more narrow range of waitlist movement.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could probably assume an initial acceptance rate of 1.5-2, with 2 acceptances per 1 seat being more likely.
So initial acceptances could be anywhere from 225-300 and the rest of the acceptances were taken off the waitlist. That could give you a more narrow range of waitlist movement.
Yes, that's probably a better way to think about it.
Just got accepted off of waitlist. IS. First acceptance from a medical school!
ACCEPTED today!!! Also my first acceptance, interviewed Friday March 20th IS
CONGRATS to you! how were you both notified? email, snail mail, phone call?
cool, thanks & congrats again!Thank you! I was notified via email, I think it was the same email address from the secondary application.
Thank you! I was notified via email, I think it was the same email address from the secondary application.
@doobz - did you get accepted off waitlist or straight acceptance?
Decided to withdraw. Good luck to those on the waitlist (esp. if you're an IS female)!
Withdrew my spot today. OOS male. Good luck guys!
God bless you sweet child of mine.
Don't take this the wrong way...but I wish you were a woman!Withdrew my spot today. OOS male. Good luck guys!
Accepted just now!
Was placed on the top tier waitlist after interviewing in Feb (early Feb).
Just wanted to let people know waitlist IS moving! (I'm OOS female)
Was placed on the top tier waitlist after interviewing in Feb (early Feb).
Just wanted to let people know waitlist IS moving! (I'm OOS female)
Don't take this the wrong way...but I wish you were a woman!
I second that!!!
Accepted just now!
Was placed on the top tier waitlist after interviewing in Feb (early Feb).
Just wanted to let people know waitlist IS moving! (I'm OOS female)
Congrats and thanks for letting us know it's moving! How were you notified?? What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@doobz - did you get accepted off waitlist or straight acceptance?
way late on this one but just normal acceptance.
Notified by email! PM me for stats 🙂
So I just sent an email thanking EVMS for putting me on the waitlist. I also sent emails to the two students that presented at my interview day as well as to one of my interviewers. Not an hour later I received an email with an acceptance offer!!! First acceptance so far so I am ecstatic!!!!
I am an OOS female. 28 MCAT, 3.86 cGPA, 3.79 sGPA and lots of ECs. So there is hope for all of you!! And I came off the middle 1/3 of waitlist.
Good luck all!!
I am an OOS female. 28 MCAT, 3.86 cGPA, 3.79 sGPA and lots of ECs. So there is hope for all of you!! And I came off the middle 1/3 of waitlist.
Good luck all!!
Withdrawn. OOS male. Good luck to y'all still waiting!
Declined acceptance. OOS female. Hope it goes to one of you! 
Decided to withdraw my spot today, good luck to whoever gets it! OOS male
Just got accepted off the waitlist (thanks to that in state female who declined her acceptance 🙂
I was waitlisted in the top 1/3 ... not sure if I will accept the offer
Anybody knows how good EVMS with grants and scholarships? when do they send financial aid packages?
I was waitlisted in the top 1/3 ... not sure if I will accept the offer
Anybody knows how good EVMS with grants and scholarships? when do they send financial aid packages?
Just got accepted off the waitlist (thanks to that in state female who declined her acceptance 🙂
I was waitlisted in the top 1/3 ... not sure if I will accept the offer
Anybody knows how good EVMS with grants and scholarships? when do they send financial aid packages?
Financial aid packages will be sent out 30-60 days before orientation so you are looking at June-July. This is probably one of the main reasons I decided to withdraw... Not sure about how good they are with scholarships, but make sure your financial aid application is complete/sent in all the necesary documents!
ThanksFinancial aid packages will be sent out 30-60 days before orientation so you are looking at June-July. This is probably one of the main reasons I decided to withdraw... Not sure about how good they are with scholarships, but make sure your financial aid application is complete/sent in all the necesary documents!
[emoji800]
Last edited:
.
Accepted 3 days ago, but declined. OOS Female. I loved this school, but another one stole my heart!
Just accepted off of the waitlist! (top 1/3)
OOS Female
EDIT: I made the hard decision to withdraw my acceptance. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys!!
OOS Female
EDIT: I made the hard decision to withdraw my acceptance. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys!!
Last edited:
ACCEPTED! 4/29 via email
Interviewed 2/20, waitlisted (didn't call to see what 1/3)
OOS Female, 3.9 30
Interviewed 2/20, waitlisted (didn't call to see what 1/3)
OOS Female, 3.9 30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure there are. It's just that there might not be many people on sdn. Also I think some people will drop due to the considerable oos tuition and acceptances at other institutions.Have there been many OOS male acceptances?? Anyone just not telling the SDN community about them??
I'm OOS male and was acceptedHave there been many OOS male acceptances?? Anyone just not telling the SDN community about them??
Just received the "continued interest" email for the alternate list. However, I am going to withdraw from the list. Great school, but time to let it go! If ppl withdraw in a timely manner from the list, it'll def shorten the waistlist for more acceptances sooner than later! Good luck to you all!
Just received the "continued interest" email for the alternate list. However, I am going to withdraw from the list. Great school, but time to let it go! If ppl withdraw in a timely manner from the list, it'll def shorten the waistlist for more acceptances sooner than later! Good luck to you all!
I applaud people like you. To everyone else on WL here or Accepted, that are not interested in going to school here anymore, please please please let the school know.
There are so many of us who are dying for a shot at attending school here, and we would really appreciate you helping our chances out as best as possible by removing yourself from the lists if you know you're not attending.
Yes, this is my call of desperation, my "its May, school starts in like 3 months, I wanna know where I'm freakin ending up for the next 4 years" shout out to those of you who can help us.
Much Love,
A WL-er.
I'm withdrawing from the top 1/3rd waitlist. Jeff here I come!
Just received the same email. Thank you to those who are withdrawing in a timely manner. I am definitely interested in attending this school. Should I still reply to the email stating so?
Nope. I believe it says *only* reply if you are withdrawing. I'd adhere to that.
Nope. I believe it says *only* reply if you are withdrawing. I'd adhere to that.
Good call. I was so nervous it might be bad news that I totally missed the all caps in the beginning haha.
According to some people on last year's EVMS thread, no "continued interest" email today = acceptance. Anyone not get the email, call the office, and find out you got accepted?
lmaooo f*** f*** f*** I got the "continued interest" email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got the email. I was waitlisted in December. Hopefully there is still good news for us!
There's still a chance that this year they did things differently and sent that email to everyone, rather than just to people they haven't accepted over the past few days. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!lmaooo f*** f*** f*** I got the "continued interest" email.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K