-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well I assigned it on interfolio, but I don't think all my professors wrote it on the letter itself because some were uploaded before AMCAS even opened.
If you use AMCAS letter service (I assume you will) they will have the applicant # on the file since you added it when you sent from Interfolio to AMCAS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you send your letters from interfolio to amcas? If so, they required you to enter your amcas IDWell I assigned it on interfolio, but I don't think all my professors wrote it on the letter itself because some were uploaded before AMCAS even opened.
Same here. Little do adcoms know, I'm not wearing any pantsI had my picture taken against a white wall at my house with a camera in a suit and tie... uploaded it to my computer...
That's what I thought too, but then I realized that I can reuse/revise/recycle essays I've used for my other secondaries for all of them except the "If you were the PI..." question. I think I've finally gotten to the point where I can just reuse/revise/recycle old essays.this secondary just puts a bad taste in my mouth.... putting on the back burner for now
Quick question about the photograph: did you just go to Walgreens/something, take a passport picture, and get the picture file on a disc or something? How do people usually do this?
You can do that if you like! I just stood against a white wa
I had my picture taken against a white wall at my house with a camera in a suit and tie... uploaded it to my computer...
That's pretty much exactly what I did too, Heplayer92 lol. I wouldn't sweat it. 🙂
Quick question about the photograph: did you just go to Walgreens/something, take a passport picture, and get the picture file on a disc or something? How do people usually do this?
I would just take the picture at your house, no need to run to Walgreens and develop anything. Just make sure you look presentable! 🙂
This is definitely one of my longer secondaries, but I actually like it!
Got e-mail confirmation that they do not average MCAT scores, which contradicts things I have read in previous years threads. Exact quote:
"[my name], we consider the best of the two most recent MCAT scores."
"[my name], we consider the best of the two most recent MCAT scores."
I was wondering the same thing.As far as the 2nd question goes, do they mean "working with" as your literal coworkers, or could I use different patient encounters I've had in phlebotomy??
Yep. I can't click on any files that are .jpegDid anyone else have issues with uploading the photo?
Yep. I can't click on any files that are .jpeg
Yeah, that's exactly the problem with mine! Thought it was just my computer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When they say they want 2 paragraphs...approximately how many words are they looking for. 2 paragraphs is a very vague limit.
I'd say use your discretion. The way I see it, if they wanted to be super picky about the length, they would've just given a concrete limit. So I'm guessing that means you can take some creative liberties haha.
I'm going to email them today about it. See what's going on.Yeah, that's exactly the problem with mine! Thought it was just my computer.
No secondary yet, do they send the secondary to everyone?
I don't think it's an automatic secondary, but from what I've gathered, the screening isn't anything intense. I just got mine yesterday. OOS/32/3.6+ if it helps, any. I think they just send them out in globs
Still no love from Stritch :/
so who has solved dat foto probrem?
Oppp it looks like something I did just worked lol! If anyone is using a Mac / Safari browser, just drag your picture from whatever folder it's in right into the 'choose file' button. Pretty random but it looks like it worked for me!
If you are using a MAC computer, this will explain your difficulty in uploading a photograph. If you have access to a Windows PC or Internet Explorer, this will eliminate your inability to upload the photo. If you do not have access to another computer, please contact our office at 708-216-3229 and we will troubleshoot for you.
This is what I've got.
This is what I've got.
Yeah I tried the drag and drop trick and it looks like it did not upload... going to have to find a PC!If you are using a MAC computer, this will explain your difficulty in uploading a photograph. If you have access to a Windows PC or Internet Explorer, this will eliminate your inability to upload the photo. If you do not have access to another computer, please contact our office at 708-216-3229 and we will troubleshoot for you.
This is what I've got.
Joining this thread! Applying OOS, secondary received 7/7...... this one may take me a while D:
Submitted Loyola secondary! The only question I had to answer with a new essay was the experimental new treatment one. All the others I recycled answers from other secondaries lol.
Hi, looks like we're applying to some of the same schools too!Submitted yesterday. I hope my essays are up to par. Really starting to like Jesuit schools...
We have very similar profiles! Glad to have someone going through similar things! Best of luckHi, looks like we're applying to some of the same schools too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, you too!We have very similar profiles! Glad to have someone going through similar things! Best of luck
For anyone who has submitted, is there a character limit in the box? I have two paragraphs, but the paragraphs are on the long side .... how many characters did you all do, about?
No character limit. Just be reasonable. I based mine on previous years where the limit was 25 lines.For anyone who has submitted, is there a character limit in the box? I have two paragraphs, but the paragraphs are on the long side .... how many characters did you all do, about?
Mine are more like 30-35.. I'll try to cut down a little. Thanks!
Yeah I tried the drag and drop trick and it looks like it did not upload... going to have to find a PC!
Mac users with the photo problem. Just convert the jpg to gif. It worked great for me. I just did it on a free online file converter (I forgot the site but thats what google is for).
Or you can just change the file extension to gif.Mac users with the photo problem. Just convert the jpg to gif. It worked great for me. I just did it on a free online file converter (I forgot the site but thats what google is for).
🤣🤣
I had my picture taken against a white wall at my house with a camera in a suit and tie... uploaded it to my computer...
Can't top that. Now the whole world knowsSame here. Little do adcoms know, I'm not wearing any pants
I am not the most computer savvy person... but now I know!Or you can just change the file extension to gif.
This, Rush, and Miami Miller are my most difficult secondaries... Ugh...Just took a look at this secondary, jesus its a beast...
But all of them are SO worth it. Prewriting and recycling essays with some minor revision from other secondaries helps a lot.This, Rush, and Miami Miller are my most difficult secondaries... Ugh...
Does the photo show once it is uploaded? I keep clicking upload, but if I come back to the page, nothing is there..
It will show up on the print application pageDoes the photo show once it is uploaded? I keep clicking upload, but if I come back to the page, nothing is there..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No word or character count, just be respectful of their two paragraph request.Anyone have the word count for these?
.
Last edited:
My status just changed about an hour ago, anyone else get this?
"Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."
"Your file is under review with the Committee on Admissions. Please note: files can be in review until the end of the interview season in April."