You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted today as well!!
WL since Dec after a pretty rocky MMI
WL since Dec after a pretty rocky MMI
Just got accepted!!!! My first acceptance!
Also accepted off the waitlist today. Will likely be declining my spot though so good luck to those holding out for NYMC!
Have you guys heard anything about financial aid? We've been given 5 days to decide
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you guys heard anything about financial aid? We've been given 5 days to decide
I think it will come with the official acceptance letter in the mail. The email says we have a week to decide after we are in receipt of the snail mail letter.
Waitlisted
Have you guys heard anything about financial aid? We've been given 5 days to decide
Update, I called this morning and was told fin aid will be sent separately.
accepted off the waitlist on Wednesday, withdrew yesterday - good luck to everyone on the waitlist - nymc is a great school!
Just withdrew from NYMC. Great school but I believe I belong in the midwest! Hopping for good news to all those on the waitlist!
Withdrawing as well!
The first day of interview season
When did all of you who have gotten off the waitlist actually interview? I've been wait listed since late November lol. Not sure if it's chronological but still
The first day of interview season
Withdrawing as well!
The first day of interview season
****, I was the second day. They prob re-review chronologically and still don't want me hahaha
Just got accepted off the wait list. Not sure if I will accept or not though - I never took biochem! I finished school by time I interviewed. They told me I could still matriculate without it, but that I should still take it.
I also got accepted this week to my State school as well. These are tough choices that need to be made quickly!
I also got accepted this week to my State school as well. These are tough choices that need to be made quickly!
Last edited:
OMG IM IN!!!! ACCEPTED OFF WL!
I'm over the moon. first MD acceptance. I'll never forget this feeling. I LOVE YOU NYMC!
I'm over the moon. first MD acceptance. I'll never forget this feeling. I LOVE YOU NYMC!
OMG IM IN!!!! ACCEPTED OFF WL!
I'm over the moon. first MD acceptance. I'll never forget this feeling. I LOVE YOU NYMC!
YAYYYY!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got accepted off the wait list. Not sure if I will accept or not though - I never took biochem! I finished school by time I interviewed. They told me I could still matriculate without it, but that I should still take it.
I also got accepted this week to my State school as well. These are tough choices that need to be made quickly!
OMG IM IN!!!! ACCEPTED OFF WL!
I'm over the moon. first MD acceptance. I'll never forget this feeling. I LOVE YOU NYMC!
Did you both get your emails at the same time, by chance?
First post..first MD acceptance..only interview I bombed..so confused right now 
PM me if you have any questions

PM me if you have any questions
First post..first MD acceptance..only interview I bombed..so confused right now
PM me if you have any questions
Some stats if you're curious
Interview: 2/24
Waitlist: 3/24
LOI: 5/1
LizzyM: 71
Did you both get your emails at the same time, by chance?
10:39 am, ET
D
deleted643377
Yep, here you go!Is there a Facebook group or anything for the class of 2019?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/355828587936897/
@DoctorLacrosse I am SO EXCITED for you!! I've been following your story. Congratulations!!!OMG IM IN!!!! ACCEPTED OFF WL!
I'm over the moon. first MD acceptance. I'll never forget this feeling. I LOVE YOU NYMC!
maybe someone could answer a couple questions I have...
how long did it take you guys to receive confirmation of your deposit being received, and how long did financial aid packages take after acceptance?
how long did it take you guys to receive confirmation of your deposit being received, and how long did financial aid packages take after acceptance?
.
Last edited:
I did not receive a notice; an e-mail I received much later about transcripts, move-in day, and a reminder of the deposit deadline included the date they received it. (This e-mail came to me ~6 months after sending my deposit)
Financial Aid is broken up into steps. Step 1 is the bulk of the paperwork (MPN, misc. forms, FAFSA). Step 2 is when they offer you your package, they said I would not hear back about this until ~May 25).
thanks for responding! did they send you an additional email about what forms and steps need to be done for financial aid? I haven't received anything yet but the initial acceptance email, so just wondering. thanks!
.
Last edited:
For those accepted off the waitlist, did you guys send a LOI?
For those accepted off the waitlist, did you guys send a LOI?
Yes, I sent a LOI last Wednesday, got accepted this Wednesday.
For those accepted off the waitlist, did you guys send a LOI?
have sent two updates/interest letters, including one just last Friday (5 days prior to acceptance). whether it helped or not I don't know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew my spot after being accepted off the wait list, good luck to those waiting on good news! (Interviewed mid feb, wait listed sometime in March, accepted april 29)
Withdrew my spot yesterday.
Accepted off the waitlist!
Interviewed 4/14. 35 MCAT. 3.8 gpa. Sent LOI.
Interviewed 4/14. 35 MCAT. 3.8 gpa. Sent LOI.
Did you get off the waitlist yesterday?Accepted off the waitlist!
Interviewed 4/14. 35 MCAT. 3.8 gpa. Sent LOI.
Nope the day before.Did you get off the waitlist yesterday?
how did everyone's financial aid packages look? were there any significant grants/scholarships (need based or otherwise), or did everyone basically get loans?
double post. phone apps buggin
how soon after your acceptance did you get the financial aid package?how did everyone's financial aid packages look? were there any significant grants/scholarships (need based or otherwise), or did everyone basically get loans?
how soon after your acceptance did you get the financial aid package?
I didn't get mine yet, I had a delay due to some paperwork issue. just gauging what to expect lol
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how did everyone's financial aid packages look? were there any significant grants/scholarships (need based or otherwise), or did everyone basically get loans?
From what I understand, no one has gotten anything yet. We should be hearing back by the end of May.
how did everyone's financial aid packages look? were there any significant grants/scholarships (need based or otherwise), or did everyone basically get loans?
Still didn't even finish the paperwork for financial aid. Makin me feel like a slacker
how did everyone's financial aid packages look? were there any significant grants/scholarships (need based or otherwise), or did everyone basically get loans?
Still didn't even finish the paperwork for financial aid. Makin me feel like a slacker