You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Crazy how long it took them. Did they warn you that it could take that long?
Not really! So I was supposed to hear back 8-10 weeks poster interview- like everyone else- but at week 10 they called me and said that they had been emailing me requesting my transcript. I hadn't received any emails up until that point (so I was fairly confused), but I sent them one anyways. Then about two days later they said they still hadn't received it (even though I sent it to two different email addresses they asked me to send it to). Turns out some firewall on their end had been blocking communication or something; so I just ended up faxing it to them. So then about 4 weeks later I heard back, haha. So it was kind of expected/ not expected
I haven't gotten any notification since the KIT email in early August, so yeah I guess haha!Do they do silent rejections?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1I haven't gotten any notification since the KIT email in early August, so yeah I guess haha!
Do they always request a transcript before making a decision?Not really! So I was supposed to hear back 8-10 weeks poster interview- like everyone else- but at week 10 they called me and said that they had been emailing me requesting my transcript. I hadn't received any emails up until that point (so I was fairly confused), but I sent them one anyways. Then about two days later they said they still hadn't received it (even though I sent it to two different email addresses they asked me to send it to). Turns out some firewall on their end had been blocking communication or something; so I just ended up faxing it to them. So then about 4 weeks later I heard back, haha. So it was kind of expected/ not expected
just withdrew from consideration. Good luck to the rest of ya!
Do they always request a transcript before making a decision?
You know I'm not sure! It wouldn't hurt to send it in to be safe I suppose! They didn't mention anything about it at the interview day!
NYMC released its match day results yesterday, at http://www.nymc.edu/matchday/ ... just wondering, does anyone know if there are breakdowns by institution and specialty. It doesn't say what people are specializing in at each place. Any current students have that info?
Anyone knows Robin Camhi- Baum ( assistant dean of admissions) email address or Dr Fern Juster's email...I cant find any of their emails online.I think its time I sent in a letter of interest. Thanks
You just have to send it to the regular NYMC admissions email and they will add the letter to your file. That's where I sent my update and LOI.Anyone knows Robin Camhi- Baum ( assistant dean of admissions) email address or Dr Fern Juster's email...I cant find any of their emails online.I think its time I sent in a letter of interest. Thanks
Last edited:
I thought about sending it to the regular admissions email but i wasn't sure if it's just not gonna get lost..since am pretty sure they get tons of email sent to that address...I also sent in some updates to the regular email but nobody ever got back to me...You just have to send it to the regular NYMC admissions email and they will add the letter to your file. That's where I sent my update and LOI.
D
DenTony11235
Anyone from a 2/9 interview or later hear anything back yet?
Ya, no one got back to me either, but it also says in their email that they won't respond to you unless it is necessary. I guess you just have to trust that they know what they're doing and won't lose your stuff.I thought about sending it to the regular admissions email but i wasn't sure if it's just not gonna get lost..since am pretty sure they get tons of email sent to that address...I also sent in some updates to the regular email but nobody ever got back to me...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, you are right....we really have no choice. I am very patient in general but this process can be pretty roughYa, no one got back to me either, but it also says in their email that they won't respond to you unless it is necessary. I guess you just have to trust that they know what they're doing and won't lose your stuff.
Finally heard back... rejected! Oh well, there goes my top choice...
Good Luck to all those still in the running!
Good Luck to all those still in the running!
Last edited:
is there a facebook group for admitted students?
is there a facebook group for admitted students?
I've been looking but can't find anything?
NYMC released its match day results yesterday, at http://www.nymc.edu/matchday/ ... just wondering, does anyone know if there are breakdowns by institution and specialty. It doesn't say what people are specializing in at each place. Any current students have that info?
http://www.speedyshare.com/vjjSQ/nymc-match2015.pdf
I dont believe theres a facebook group so far, but if anyone wants to create it that would be awesome!
Hi everyone! long time lurker, just made an account to post my first acceptance! I got the email today, I interviewed on 2/10. My stats are 3.93 GPA, 3.91 sGPA, 33 MCAT (11,11,11). I have a bunch of waitlists but I will gladly take this acceptance!
waitlisted---withdrew. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you were complete? With your stats it's strange that your first acceptance came so late.Hi everyone! long time lurker, just made an account to post my first acceptance! I got the email today, I interviewed on 2/10. My stats are 3.93 GPA, 3.91 sGPA, 33 MCAT (11,11,11). I have a bunch of waitlists but I will gladly take this acceptance!
I dont remember the exact date, and for some reason I can't find it, but I remember it being like the first week of august. They were actually my last interview, I got an email like 5 days before the interview or something. And yea I know, it was really freaking annoying, I was bugging out.Congrats! Do you mind if I ask when you were complete? With your stats it's strange that your first acceptance came so late.
Accepted today! Interviewed 3/12
Accepted today! Interviewed 3/12
Congrats! That's a pretty fast turn around.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted643377
What do you guys think of the delayed-entry MD/PhD program here? At least when I toured, it seemed like there was very little emphasis placed on research here
Withdrew my acceptance today -- hope it goes to one of you!
Here's the facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/355828587936897/
D
deleted643377
I've been "pending" acceptance into the group since last week, and now it seems like the former group admin has deleted his Facebook account... this is probably why the group only has 30 members lolHere's the facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/355828587936897/
Rejected pre-II just now! Congrats to all of the accepted applicants and those waiting to hear back!
I've been "pending" acceptance into the group since last week, and now it seems like the former group admin has deleted his Facebook account... this is probably why the group only has 30 members lol
Okay I'm tired of waiting so I made a group myself. Hope that's okay, anyone who's admitted and wants to join click below!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/781216655319000/
+1Rejected pre-II just now! Congrats to all of the accepted applicants and those waiting to hear back!
+2Rejected pre-II just now! Congrats to all of the accepted applicants and those waiting to hear back!
I've been "pending" acceptance into the group since last week, and now it seems like the former group admin has deleted his Facebook account... this is probably why the group only has 30 members lol
It seems that the group is actually still active so I'll try and figure out how to close down the one I made.
Email #1 said do the FASFA, email #2 said they received everything and will be in touch in late MayHas anyone received their financial aid package yet?
Email #1 said do the FASFA, email #2 said they received everything and will be in touch in late May
Gotcha, thanks!
For those of you accepted, how did you receive notification? Through email or snail mail?
If through email what was the subject? Thanks and congratulations!
If through email what was the subject? Thanks and congratulations!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted643377
Email, "NYMC - Congratulations Class of 2019"For those of you accepted, how did you receive notification? Through email or snail mail?
If through email what was the subject? Thanks and congratulations!
Last edited by a moderator:
Email, "Congratulations - Class of 2019"
Thanks so much!
Whoa I got an interview yesterday... Totally not expected but I'm excited to head to NY next week!