-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Northeast Ohio Medical University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm applying here this cycle. I'm really excited about this school! Are there any current medical students willing to dish out some secondary/interview advice? Especially OOS students?
I'm sure you know this, but NEOMED accepts 0.2% of its OOS applicants.
Not sure if this would help, but there are major public health issues in Ohio right now that you could address in your secondary/interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...
Got the secondary this morning!
Are the prompts the same as last year?
Are the prompts the same as last year?
They are the exact same as they were last year, 2000 characters max.
NEOMED's secondary is nearing NYU and Duke level of difficulty, damn.
Got the secondary this morning!
Could you please share it? Thanks.
1: Provide a specific example of how you promoted diversity in your community
2: “A social justice approach should be central to medicine and utilized to be central to public health. This could be very simple: the well should take care of the sick.” – Paul Farmer, M.D.
“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in healthcare is the most shocking and inhumane.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
How has your view of social justice in medicine been influenced by a specific experience or activity?
3: A physician does many activities during the workday. What physician activity will be most meaningful to you? Provide a specific life experience that affirms the meaningfulness of this activity.
2000 character maximum for all three questions
2: “A social justice approach should be central to medicine and utilized to be central to public health. This could be very simple: the well should take care of the sick.” – Paul Farmer, M.D.
“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in healthcare is the most shocking and inhumane.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
How has your view of social justice in medicine been influenced by a specific experience or activity?
3: A physician does many activities during the workday. What physician activity will be most meaningful to you? Provide a specific life experience that affirms the meaningfulness of this activity.
2000 character maximum for all three questions
1: Provide a specific example of how you promoted diversity in your community
2: “A social justice approach should be central to medicine and utilized to be central to public health. This could be very simple: the well should take care of the sick.” – Paul Farmer, M.D.
“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in healthcare is the most shocking and inhumane.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
How has your view of social justice in medicine been influenced by a specific experience or activity?
3: A physician does many activities during the workday. What physician activity will be most meaningful to you? Provide a specific life experience that affirms the meaningfulness of this activity.
2000 character maximum for all three questions.
Me no likely this at all...
Has anyone else who applied NOT yet received a secondary?
I haven't received a secondary yet either. When did you submit your AMCAS application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't received a secondary yet either. When did you submit your AMCAS application?
Are you applying through the ED program?
Are you applying through the ED program?
I just received the secondary about an hour ago! And no, I'm not applying through the ED program.
Just added this school! Really excited about it! IS applicant!
I just added NEOMED yesterday on AMCAS, and I just received the secondary.
I was verified on July 10th…still have not received the secondary. Anyone in the same boat? IS applicant 30 MCAT 3.95 BCMP
I haven't received a secondary yet either. When did you submit your AMCAS application?
Im in the same boat guys….verified on july 10th. Still no secondary
I was verified on July 10th…still have not received the secondary. Anyone in the same boat? IS applicant 30 MCAT 3.95 BCMP
I would definitely check with them. I was verified in June, but I just added NEOCOM to my schools on Wednesday the 23rd and I received the secondary the next day on the 24th. I'm an IS applicant as well
I wonder if they go based off time of verification rather then when they are added…not sure if that would make sense or not. Maybe they just don't like me
I'm exactly the same. Verified the 10th. I emailed today to ask if they had a record of sending me an email.
Any update from them?
Nope! I am not sure what step to take next.Any update from them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming the character limit is 2000 for each of the three question prompts, not total...?
I'm assuming the character limit is 2000 for each of the three question prompts, not total...?
Each.
I was verified last week and received a secondary today. For those of you who haven't received one yet, try contacting them. I contacted them about something else and they are very responsive!
I don't want to sound too forward, but would you mind telling me your MCAT? I wonder if they cut me out because of my 30 which would seem unusual.
I don't want to sound too forward, but would you mind telling me your MCAT? I wonder if they cut me out because of my 30 which would seem unusual.
I have lower than that and I got a secondary the day after I added the school on AMCAS.
Just called them and apparently if your letters are not yet at AMCAS they will not send a secondary…that is my problem. Hopefully it ends up working out for you!Nope! I am not sure what step to take next.
ah thank you! that helps!Just called them and apparently if your letters are not yet at AMCAS they will not send a secondary…that is my problem. Hopefully it ends up working out for you!
Just called them and apparently if your letters are not yet at AMCAS they will not send a secondary…that is my problem. Hopefully it ends up working out for you!
Wow....... No wonder.
I know its a bit early, but has anyone received an interview invite from them yet?
I know its a bit early, but has anyone received an interview invite from them yet?
I think NEOMED operates on a later schedule than most schools, so I doubt it
I think NEOMED operates on a later schedule than most schools, so I doubt it
Yeah, they give interviews to those who applied through the Early Decision Program first. They hear about interviews around late August- beginning September, They interview in September and find out by Oct. 1st. And usually interviews are given to non-ED applicants right after. So most likely thee very earliest someone we'll hear about interviews is mid to late September.
Also I called about the supplemental application because I also have not received it yet and am waiting on a LOR... The one lady said just go on the website, create a supp account, and start filling it out. But dont submit it till after the LOR has been sent in. But I guess in the end , it doesn't matter too much since we know the prompts already.
Got an email giving updates. They said they are starting interviews in October. It was a complete and under review email.
Same - keeping this train going. I hope regular interview invites are sent out soon 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got that email too...
Just got that email too...
Same email here too. I wonder why they are so far behind the other medical schools...
I got the email too. And when I spoke with them on the phone, I got the impression that they didn't even start looking at regular-decision applicants until early admissions was complete, so I think that would explain the timingSame email here too. I wonder why they are so far behind the other medical schools...
I got the email too. And when I spoke with them on the phone, I got the impression that they didn't even start looking at regular-decision applicants until early admissions was complete, so I think that would explain the timing
Ah...I didn't realize so many people applied EDP
Yea I'm not sure if they do, I've just always heard that NEOMED runs on a later schedule, and I was surprised when I hadn't heard anything from them yet so when I recently called they said that they would be reviewing regular decision applicants for the first batch of interviews soon. They can probably afford to start interviewing later since they get relatively less applicants. Just my guessAh...I didn't realize so many people applied EDP
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
