2014-2015 Northeast Ohio Medical University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when NEOMED will be back in office to continue the application process? Thanks
 
I think they are back this week or next for sure--they are supposed to have another meeting next week to go through the past month's interviewees. I am in this batch and waiting to hear.
 
I'm curious to know if anyone else has been invited to the interview on Friday 12/18/14. I received the email invitation on Friday, so I only have a one week notice to prepare/book my flight. Has anyone else had this experience with NEOMED?
I was in that boat with you. Found myself almost unable to reach when insane traffic delayed me from getting my first flight. Thankfully, the experience at the school made up for the arduous journey to get there.
 
Can anyone who has interviewed here offer any tips or describe how the day went/what the interview was like?
 
Can anyone who has interviewed here offer any tips or describe how the day went/what the interview was like?
Two Half- hour interviews with faculty that are closed file. Or at least that is what I had. Pretty conversational and laid back. A lot of it was going over my EC's and what I like to do outside of school. Rest of the day was typical interview sesh- tour,lunch, info sessions on curriculum, life as a student, etc.
 
Two Half- hour interviews with faculty that are closed file. Or at least that is what I had. Pretty conversational and laid back. A lot of it was going over my EC's and what I like to do outside of school. Rest of the day was typical interview sesh- tour,lunch, info sessions on curriculum, life as a student, etc.
Interview this week. Dumb question, but what is "EC"? Extra-curriculars?
 
Mine was open file, so you may get faculty members that have seen your file. Very laid back though, I really felt at home with them. 30 minutes is so short that you can stay polished the whole time, don't stress! I felt like they were just verifying I was who I said I was on paper...ie if you got an interview they probably already like you 🙂 Good Luck!
 
II this week - complete in July, IS, LizzyM <70. Looks like there's still hope for those of you still waiting!
Congrats to you! Thanks for the encouragement but you just got an interview and you were complete in July. I really have lost hope because I was not complete till September
 
I just meant that people who maybe got passed over on the first round of application reviews still have a chance. I'm sure this is NOT the first time they've looked at my app since July. Also, their website says they interview through April, so you still have a solid 2+ months to get an II here!
Thanks for the encouragement! Best of luck to you on your interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the encouragement! Best of luck to you on your interview!

I didn't submit my secondary until mid-October and interviewed in December. I know it's stupid to apply that late, but Force there is still hope! If you look like a good fit they'll get to you!
 
Got an II a couple of days ago. Been complete since early September. Are there any current NEOMED students lingering on this thread?
 
H
I interviewed on the 19th as well. Has anyone heard back yet? Also did they say it will be by mail or email?
I haven't heard anything back yet but I have a feeling we should be hearing soon. I just received an email for AAMC background check possibly meaning I've been wait listed or conditionally accepted to a medical school and I have only interviewed at NEOMED so far. I haven't received an email from them yet so I shall keep us updated.
 
H

I haven't heard anything back yet but I have a feeling we should be hearing soon. I just received an email for AAMC background check possibly meaning I've been wait listed or conditionally accepted to a medical school and I have only interviewed at NEOMED so far. I haven't received an email from them yet so I shall keep us updated.
Oh okay thanks! I haven't gotten a background check email though; do you think that it might be an indication of some other admissions decision?
 
Anyone received any updates? I didn't receive a background check email which makes me nervous, as I have really high hopes of going here.
 
I haven't received anything yet. I think they didn't get around to making decisions last month; this is just a guess though since we haven't heard back
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI - I received my letter on Saturday so if you haven't heard and interviewed in December you probably will be getting something in the mail soon. I'm waitlisted 🙁, but still holding out hope!
 
They are done interviewing for the season as of now. They might add more interview dates based on how many people they accept and how many seats are left to be filled. Right now, they don't have any interview dates scheduled/aren't inviting people to interview
 
They are done interviewing for the season as of now. They might add more interview dates based on how many people they accept and how many seats are left to be filled. Right now, they don't have any interview dates scheduled/aren't inviting people to interview
Where did you hear this? Did you call them?
 
They are done interviewing for the season as of now. They might add more interview dates based on how many people they accept and how many seats are left to be filled. Right now, they don't have any interview dates scheduled/aren't inviting people to interview
Please do not spread false information. Things are hard enough already for those of us who have been waiting patiently for months on end. NEOMED IS NOT DONE INTERVIEWING FOR THE SEASON.
 
Hang in there guys! I have been waiting for almost 5 months now and I still have hope. A few friends I knew last year got their acceptance in April after they interviewed in March!
 
Hang in there guys! I have been waiting for almost 5 months now and I still have hope. A few friends I knew last year got their acceptance in April after they interviewed in March!
I think you and I are in a similar situation Force, I have seen you in a lot of threads that I have been watching haha. You're right, NEOMED is not officially done as of right now. Hopefully we both get some good news soon!
 
Hey guys! I can confirm this information. Just interviewed. Initially wanted to reschedule for a later date but admissions said that the last interview date scheduled for direct entry MD is February 5. They may add another date depending on how things go, so there's still hope for others. Hope this helps
 
Hey guys! I can confirm this information. Just interviewed. Initially wanted to reschedule for a later date but admissions said that the last interview date scheduled for direct entry MD is February 5. They may add another date depending on how things go, so there's still hope for others. Hope this helps
I do not understand how they said they interview through March though? Also, could this date just be for those given an interview invite in a certain time period?
 
I'm not sure, this is just what they told me. They also have different entry routes so I know they interview for BS/MD, bacc/MD etc. They still said they might schedule another direct entry interview day down the line so you never know!
 
Hello everyone,
I want to apologize to those who I accused of "spreading false information." It was just that this news was SUCH A SHOCK to me especially when considering that NEOMED has interviewed well into April in past years. Oh well. I can confirm that the last interview day was back in early February. Sad
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wish NEOMED had better calculations when we were in the process of applying. They told us that they would interview into April when we were complete with our secondary. Any reason for the broken promise??
 
I just wish NEOMED had better calculations when we were in the process of applying. They told us that they would interview into April when we were complete with our secondary. Any reason for the broken promise??
I called them this past week and they said they planned on opening 2 more interview days. Hope is still alive
 
For all those waitlisted did you receive a background check email or is it only for those accepted? Haven't received anything. Also, was your wait list or acceptance by email or snail mail? Thanks in advance!
 
For all those waitlisted did you receive a background check email or is it only for those accepted? Haven't received anything. Also, was your wait list or acceptance by email or snail mail? Thanks in advance!
The background check was for accepted students only but sometimes it takes a couple weeks after acceptance before they send you the email. My acceptance came via snail mail.