You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Northeast Ohio Medical University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I dont think it means anything, they're just confirming with us that they started the review process for regular decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah I didAnyone get a complete email last week and again today?
I've gotten the email three times now? Hahayeah I did
I thought it was an II both times I saw it in my inbox. The suspense is real
Same...quite playin' games with my heart, NEOMED.I thought it was an II both times I saw it in my inbox. The suspense is real
Does anyone know if the grading is pass/fail?
The grading system is honors/pass/fail!
one was written in a purple font... it MUST mean something different. 😉I've gotten the email three times now? Haha
Received II today, November 6th! First of the year for me
Congrats! When were you completeReceived II today, November 6th! First of the year for me
Thanks, and I was complete August 15thCongrats! When were you complete
Do you mind sharing stats? Congrats!!Congrats! When were you complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't mind at all. I'm not the typical SDN superstar, 3.75c, 3.85 Sc, 30mcat. Good EC's and LOR's. Ohio resident.Do you mind sharing stats? Congrats!!
I don't mind at all. I'm not the typical SDN superstar, 3.75c, 3.85 Sc, 30mcat. Good EC's and LOR's. Ohio resident.
Congratulations.
Did you apply to any other Ohio medical schools?
Thanks, and yes I applied to every school in OhioCongratulations.
Did you apply to any other Ohio medical schools?
Thanks, and yes I applied to every school in Ohio
Just wondering when you applied? I have heard from the other Ohio schools and have gotten interviews just haven't heard from NEOMED.
Primary was verified 7\13 and secondary 8\15. I haven't heard from any other Ohio schools, congrats on the II's.Just wondering when you applied? I have heard from the other Ohio schools and have gotten interviews just haven't heard from NEOMED.
Congrats! When were you complete?Also interviewing here 11/6. OOS LM 65-70. I haven't received the email detailing the interview day. Anyone kind enough to tell me any important details?
Congrats! When were you complete?
Thanks! I submitted my app 8/1, complete 10/3, II 10/14. Kind of surprised at the II since NEOMED has a high instate preference, but no complaints here.
Just thought I'd share my somewhat unusual story...
Back in July I got an email requesting a secondary application, which was rather strange because it came BEFORE I had submitted by amcas app. (I had applied last year, but never heard ANYTHING back from them, no confirmation my application had been received, no rejection, nothing). So I send them an email asking about this strange email because I didn't want some glitch in their system screwing up my application after I actually submitted it this year. They told me to disregard it, they'd send me another request after I applied.
Fast forward to today and I still haven't gotten anything since I submitted my app, so I send another email to make sure the previous mix-up wasn't messing with the process. Less than ten minutes later I get an email from them telling me I've been rejected and they wish me luck in my future endeavors, etc.
Back in July I got an email requesting a secondary application, which was rather strange because it came BEFORE I had submitted by amcas app. (I had applied last year, but never heard ANYTHING back from them, no confirmation my application had been received, no rejection, nothing). So I send them an email asking about this strange email because I didn't want some glitch in their system screwing up my application after I actually submitted it this year. They told me to disregard it, they'd send me another request after I applied.
Fast forward to today and I still haven't gotten anything since I submitted my app, so I send another email to make sure the previous mix-up wasn't messing with the process. Less than ten minutes later I get an email from them telling me I've been rejected and they wish me luck in my future endeavors, etc.
Hey I interviewed with you, any word back yet? I'd appreciate it if you tell me when they get back to u about your acceptance or denial. Thanks!Also interviewing here 11/6. OOS LM 65-70. I haven't received the email detailing the interview day. Anyone kind enough to tell me any important details?
They meet once a month to discuss acceptances or rejections, and I heard that it will be all November interviewees that are decided sometime next monthHey I interviewed with you, any word back yet? I'd appreciate it if you tell me when they get back to u about your acceptance or denial. Thanks!
I received an acceptance packet in the mail today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The grading system is honors/pass/fail!
They are Pass/Fail/Honor or Pass/Fail depending on the course. Major courses and clerkships are P/F/H
Any recent IIs?
Don't get anxious, they send them out in waves
Live 20 min from NEOMED. My 13th interview offer. I am considering attending the interview. I was accepted to Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine and that is where I am headed. I am just wondering if I should just take a look at NEOMED
They are Pass/Fail/Honor or Pass/Fail depending on the course. Major courses and clerkships are P/F/H
In the first two years - the scores come out as a percent grade, to pass its above 70% and honors is depending on the class. Clerkships are similar except have their own grading criteria for honors.
Live 20 min from NEOMED. My 13th interview offer. I am considering attending the interview. I was accepted to Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine and that is where I am headed. I am just wondering if I should just take a look at NEOMED
Since you live 20 minutes away, it may be easy to come take a visit. However, It honestly depends on your own decisions, based on location, curriculum, etc. that you use to consider any other medical school.
Definitely worth a lookLive 20 min from NEOMED. My 13th interview offer. I am considering attending the interview. I was accepted to Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine and that is where I am headed. I am just wondering if I should just take a look at NEOMED
Just curious, when did you get your interview invite?Live 20 min from NEOMED. My 13th interview offer. I am considering attending the interview. I was accepted to Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine and that is where I am headed. I am just wondering if I should just take a look at NEOMED
I'm curious to know if anyone else has been invited to the interview on Friday 12/18/14. I received the email invitation on Friday, so I only have a one week notice to prepare/book my flight. Has anyone else had this experience with NEOMED?
I haven't, but would you mind sharing your stats? IS or OOS?I'm curious to know if anyone else has been invited to the interview on Friday 12/18/14. I received the email invitation on Friday, so I only have a one week notice to prepare/book my flight. Has anyone else had this experience with NEOMED?
I'm curious to know if anyone else has been invited to the interview on Friday 12/18/14. I received the email invitation on Friday, so I only have a one week notice to prepare/book my flight. Has anyone else had this experience with NEOMED?
It is on the 19th, but yeah. The same thing happened to me. I will be driving the 12 hours there after my last final exam.
Oh yeah I meant the 19th. I'm flying in from Boston! Still haven't gotten the follow-up email either haha I was a wreck all weekend trying to figure out flights and hotels without any further information.It is on the 19th, but yeah. The same thing happened to me. I will be driving the 12 hours there after my last final exam.
Sure! I don't mind (Stats aren't phenomenal, but somehow still landed an interview!) AMCAS complete 07-28. OOS. MCAT 29. cGPA 3.4. Good LOR's. Lots of research and volunteering.I haven't, but would you mind sharing your stats? IS or OOS?
Hi All,
I also will be interviewing on Friday! So excited! And yes, I too just heard this past Friday.
Has anyone who is interviewing (or perhaps has already interviewed) received an itinerary - really just hoping for a time as I have no idea what time to be there and am deciding on driving over same day or booking a hotel.
Info/Stats: IS, Non-trad, MCAT 30, cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.6 (upward trend)
Thanks!
I also will be interviewing on Friday! So excited! And yes, I too just heard this past Friday.
Has anyone who is interviewing (or perhaps has already interviewed) received an itinerary - really just hoping for a time as I have no idea what time to be there and am deciding on driving over same day or booking a hotel.
Info/Stats: IS, Non-trad, MCAT 30, cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.6 (upward trend)
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I received the interview invite they sent a link with a confirmation and interview times; they should send you your start time via email soon after. They give you an itinerary when you arrive. My day went from 10am- about 3:30 pmHi All,
I also will be interviewing on Friday! So excited! And yes, I too just heard this past Friday.
Has anyone who is interviewing (or perhaps has already interviewed) received an itinerary - really just hoping for a time as I have no idea what time to be there and am deciding on driving over same day or booking a hotel.
Info/Stats: IS, Non-trad, MCAT 30, cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.6 (upward trend)
Thanks!
When I received the interview invite they sent a link with a confirmation and interview times; they should send you your start time via email soon after. They give you an itinerary when you arrive. My day went from 10am- about 3:30 pm
Thanks!
I had the same issue! I didn't get the confirmation email until this morning. It says that my interview will be starting at 10:45AM and will end at 1PM.Hi All,
I also will be interviewing on Friday! So excited! And yes, I too just heard this past Friday.
Has anyone who is interviewing (or perhaps has already interviewed) received an itinerary - really just hoping for a time as I have no idea what time to be there and am deciding on driving over same day or booking a hotel.
Info/Stats: IS, Non-trad, MCAT 30, cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.6 (upward trend)
Thanks!
I received an interview invite yesterday, but I decided to withdraw my application. I had a pretty crappy MCAT, so don't give up hope if you are waiting to hear from NEOMED.
Glad to hear you made your decision and will be joining me next year!
Live 20 min from NEOMED. My 13th interview offer. I am considering attending the interview. I was accepted to Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine and that is where I am headed. I am just wondering if I should just take a look at NEOMED
Glad to hear you made your decision and will be joining me next year!
May I ask when you were complete here?I received an interview invite yesterday, but I decided to withdraw my application. I had a pretty crappy MCAT, so don't give up hope if you are waiting to hear from NEOMED.
Glad to hear you made your decision and will be joining me next year!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K