You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewed 10/6 haven't heard anything regarding a decision. I've called admissions to make sure nothing was lost in the mail seeing as people who have interviewed after me have already heard back, but I have been informed no decisions have been made. Has anyone who interviewed 10/6 heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are acceptances mailed to your permanent address or your current address? Thank you!
Preferred or current. Not permanent.
Withdrew my interview here. I hope one of you guys gets it 

Got it, thanks! If I must learn the hard way, I shall. All I need is one acceptance for it to all be worth it! 🙂
And I've got an acceptance (elsewhere FYI)...so it ended up being worth it! Ta!
D
deleted598002
Does anyone one when the 2nd look day is?
D
deleted598002
Congrats with the acceptance everyone!
I have a question for the current students if you don't mind chipping in. What do you think about PBL at Penn State?
I have a question for the current students if you don't mind chipping in. What do you think about PBL at Penn State?
I was accepted 12/12 and I'm OOS.Are the people waitlisted post-interview mainly OOS applicants? Does Penn State tend to accept their IS applicants first then tap into the OOS? Orrr..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the people waitlisted post-interview mainly OOS applicants? Does Penn State tend to accept their IS applicants first then tap into the OOS? Orrr..
I was accepted after interviewing early September and I am OOS as well.
It was in the acceptance packet of information. Apparently they want you down there July 14th for orientation and a precursor 2 week course before class actually starts in August. Think the white coat ceremony is at the end of this two week course and before classes actually begin!
Haha, I apologize for the dumb question. I had written that date down but couldn't read my own scrawl.
Did anyone else receive a II on pretty short notice? All the open dates are within about 2 weeks. Coming from California...I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for these flights...
Edit: I tried calling and it seems like their Office of Admissions is closed...
Edit: I tried calling and it seems like their Office of Admissions is closed...
Last edited:
I'm not sure how the administrative offices are, but classes begin again next Monday for us.Did anyone else receive a II on pretty short notice? All the open dates are within about 2 weeks. Coming from California...I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for these flights...
Edit: I tried calling and it seems like their Office of Admissions is closed...
Thanks for the info. I only have 5 days to respond and I'm not sure I can afford the expensive flight. Not to mention I'm busy on all or nearly all of those dates. I'll shoot over an email.I'm not sure how the administrative offices are, but classes begin again next Monday for us.
Hopefully I can reach them before this 5 day window is over 🙁
Does anyone know if there were ever any dates open in Feb or March?
Last edited:
Accepted today!!!! Interviewed 11/19
Congratulations!!
Did you send the deposit in the form of a check? And did you send the acceptance form and check together?Penn State does indeed send you a confirmation regarding your deposit once you send it in! It's an email.
Did you send the deposit in the form of a check? And did you send the acceptance form and check together?
I sent a check with the acceptance form by regular mail and I received the confirmation email a few days later (I live relatively close).
Congratulations! I'm glad your wait wasn't too long and it was good news!
For those of you who have had your interviews, which hotel did you stay at? I'm hoping to get one with a shuttle to the hospital the next day. Also--the cab post up there scares me a bit, but were there any huge problems getting a cab from the hospital to the airport?
For those of you who have had your interviews, which hotel did you stay at? I'm hoping to get one with a shuttle to the hospital the next day. Also--the cab post up there scares me a bit, but were there any huge problems getting a cab from the hospital to the airport?
I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott in Hershey. They picked me up from the airport, took me to my interview, and also picked me up from my interview and took me back to the airport. I highly recommend! Also, ask for the Interviewee discount.
I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott in Hershey. They picked me up from the airport, took me to my interview, and also picked me up from my interview and took me back to the airport. I highly recommend! Also, ask for the Interviewee discount.
Days in is also great and will do the same. Call both and see which one has a better "interview" discount rate.
I stayed at the Fairfield Marriott in Hershey. They picked me up from the airport, took me to my interview, and also picked me up from my interview and took me back to the airport. I highly recommend! Also, ask for the Interviewee discount.
thanks for the help!! I ended up going with the day's inn!!Days in is also great and will do the same. Call both and see which one has a better "interview" discount rate.
Oh my God, interview invite this morning! I'm beyond excited, this is one of my top choices!
What airport are you guys flying into? Philly looks to be the closest
What airport are you guys flying into? Philly looks to be the closest
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Harrisburg is the closest (10-15 mins away from Hershey).Oh my God, interview invite this morning! I'm beyond excited, this is one of my top choices!
What airport are you guys flying into? Philly looks to be the closest
Does anyone know if it will affect my offer of acceptance if I decide not to take biochemistry before I matriculate at Penn State? Its not required for admission but I did list it as my future coursework on AMCAS...
No it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the quick reply!No it doesn't matter.
Call and askDoes anyone know if it will affect my offer of acceptance if I decide not to take biochemistry before I matriculate at Penn State? Its not required for admission but I did list it as my future coursework on AMCAS...
edit
Is getting accepted always preceded by a second look tab? My interview was 8 weeks ago and I keep manically checking my secondary portal...
Is getting accepted always preceded by a second look tab? My interview was 8 weeks ago and I keep manically checking my secondary portal...
I think they realized what was happening so they took down the second look tab! I think the people that were accepted around mid-October were able to see the second look tab, but that was about it. No need to neurotically check the portal (although I have to admit I did the same thing initially)...acceptances are via snail mail!
Didn't happen for me!Is getting accepted always preceded by a second look tab? My interview was 8 weeks ago and I keep manically checking my secondary portal...
II this morning, for those that are starting to lose hope don't!
when did you complete your secondary app??II this morning, for those that are starting to lose hope don't!
I submitted the secondary on august 9 and had total silence since then until nowwhen did you complete your secondary app??
wow!! you're patient. congrats and good luck 🙂I submitted the secondary on august 9 and had total silence since then until now
I flew into harrisburg but later found out baltimore is only an hour and a half away and it's about $200 cheaper to fly into there. I'd check that out if I were you.Oh my God, interview invite this morning! I'm beyond excited, this is one of my top choices!
What airport are you guys flying into? Philly looks to be the closest
I flew into harrisburg but later found out baltimore is only an hour and a half away and it's about $200 cheaper to fly into there. I'd check that out if I were you.
You may also want to check out Philly. Flights there should be much cheaper as well, and you could catch an amtrak train into harrisburg from there. From Harrisburg, you could get a bus or cab to the med center. Good luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiosity have any of the early November interviewees heard anything yet whether it be an acceptance, wait list, etc?
Hey everyone! Congrats on those who have been accepted recently. I was wondering if anyone whose application was placed in the "Continue to Review" category has gone on to receive an II? My application was placed on hold on 10/20.
Mine was too (I think around the same date) and I haven't heard anything since.Hey everyone! Congrats on those who have been accepted recently. I was wondering if anyone whose application was placed in the "Continue to Review" category has gone on to receive an II? My application was placed on hold on 10/20.
There is a bus that goes too Hershey from the Harrisburg train station but it has very limited times, last one left at like 4pm iirc. Your best bet imho is a hotel with a shuttle, one of the people I interviewed with had a shuttle that covered all ground transport while I went with the cheap hotel and more than made up the difference in cab fare.
I don't remember which hotel it was however.
I don't remember which hotel it was however.
Places on hold today. Complete mid august. Kinda annoyed, but whatever.