You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Were you notified via email or snail mail?
Did they put you "on hold"? Or is the waitlist a separate thing?Just got waitlisted today after interviewing on 2/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 2/18 and still waiting...Has anyone heard back from the last week of February interviews?
Anyone's financial aid given was not enough to cover the cost of attendance? How do we get them to increase the federal loans?
Anyone's financial aid given was not enough to cover the cost of attendance? How do we get them to increase the federal loans?
Grad PLUS is what people usually get when they don't get enough unsub. loans, but it has a pretty high interest rate...
When did you receive your financial aid packet?
Go check on eLion. I believe it came out about 2 days ago.
For those who were put on hold like me, they are done interviewing..right? so basically we are just waiting for an official rejection letter?
They have to be done. I was also put on pre-interview hold but haven't heard anything. It is so strange to me. I still haven't heard from EVMS and they are done interviewing too. It sucks because I have this really really really false hope that a miracle will happen even though that's impossible. They are torturing us!
I definitely understand how you feel.This whole application process is definitely a lot of torture....especially now that it's coming to an end!lolThey have to be done. I was also put on pre-interview hold but haven't heard anything. It is so strange to me. I still haven't heard from EVMS and they are done interviewing too. It sucks because I have this really really really false hope that a miracle will happen even though that's impossible. They are torturing us!
me and you bothThey have to be done. I was also put on pre-interview hold but haven't heard anything. It is so strange to me. I still haven't heard from EVMS and they are done interviewing too. It sucks because I have this really really really false hope that a miracle will happen even though that's impossible. They are torturing us!
Has anyone else going to second look day not yet received the email with times, places, etc. yet? I got the first email confirming that I was going to attend, that said there would be a second email coming with this information about a week before second look day, but I've yet to receive this second email
Has anyone else going to second look day not yet received the email with times, places, etc. yet? I got the first email confirming that I was going to attend, that said there would be a second email coming with this information about a week before second look day, but I've yet to receive this second email
I haven't either. I'm not sure anyone has received it at this time.
If you are part of the facebook group, the information is up thereI haven't either. I'm not sure anyone has received it at this time.
Anyone hear anything today? Interviewed early March and I'm getting anxious.
Anyone hear anything today? Interviewed early March and I'm getting anxious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are part of the facebook group, the information is up there
Thanks! I wasn't able to find any additional info in the group aside from what day it's going to be on, but maybe I'm missing something.
Does anyone happen to know what the dress code is for second look days? Casual, business casual, or full suit and tie like on interview day? I'm not trying to be that guy who's severely over- or underdressed haha
I'm not part of the group putting it all together, but what I have gathered is that check in will be in the lobby of the BMR building right outside admissions with the couches from 8:15-9am. The event ends at 6pm, but 4-6 is a casual barbecue so more of a fun thing to doThanks! I wasn't able to find any additional info in the group aside from what day it's going to be on, but maybe I'm missing something.
Does anyone happen to know what the dress code is for second look days? Casual, business casual, or full suit and tie like on interview day? I'm not trying to be that guy who's severely over- or underdressed haha
The attire is casual according according to the people setting it up
I interviewed in late February and have not heard back. :/Anyone hear anything today? Interviewed early March and I'm getting anxious.
Rejected after pre II hold this am. Shocker
does anyone know how the movement on the WL has been in the past years?
I've heard 10-15% of the class is pulled from the wl. Which sounds nice until you realize it's like 15 people from a wl of like 400. Psu waitlists a ton of people! 🙁
I've heard 10-15% of the class is pulled from the wl. Which sounds nice until you realize it's like 15 people from a wl of like 400. Psu waitlists a ton of people! 🙁
Is this just speculation or were you told this by admissions? That's less than 5% of the waitlist that could be accepted! :/
Is this just speculation or were you told this by admissions? That's less than 5% of the waitlist that could be accepted! :/
Just based on past years experiences of those that have squeezed any info out of psu admissions, which are extremely tight lipped about everything.
+1Got my rejection email finally. lol
Put on hold, interviewed at the end of Feb :/
Anyone else hear back from the end of February?Put on hold, interviewed at the end of Feb :/
Nope:/ hoping they still have spots and we are not going to be put on the wait list.Anyone else hear back from the end of February?
Mid-ish March here and wondering.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First of his name, OOS, 3.52/32. Completed mid-Aug, pre-interview hold mid-Oct, II and interviewed early March.
Penn State, you have until nightfall. Accept me and live.
Penn State, you have until nightfall. Accept me and live.
Looks like Friday is a typical day to hear back from them. I'm really hoping tomorrow is a big day for a lot of us! This wait is killer.
I couldn't agree more.This wait is killer.
Well, there is always next week...
Interviewed 3/9 and received "Committee Hold" email this past Friday.
Hold email this morning too:/
Could you tell us when you interviewed? The week if you don't want to share the actual date.
I don't mind. I was February 25th, so just under the 8 week mark.Could you tell us when you interviewed? The week if you don't want to share the actual date.
I also interviewed February 25th and was put on hold. :/I don't mind. I was February 25th, so just under the 8 week mark.
Did this happen via e-mail?I also interviewed February 25th and was put on hold. :/
Yes.Did this happen via e-mail?
Did you hear anything? Mine was also email as wellDid this happen via e-mail?
hmm, I have yet to hear back from that same week.Yes.
Well maybe you will be the lucky one of the group and get your reply through the postal service.hmm, I have yet to hear back from that same week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the info. At this rate, it seems like they will let me know a little before June 🙁
It's weird that someone from March 9th heard back before a couple of February 25th people. I wish we had more insight to how their whole admissions process worked.Thank you for the info. At this rate, it seems like they will let me know a little before June 🙁
It's weird that someone from March 9th heard back before a couple of February 25th people. I wish we had more insight to how their whole admissions process worked.
I'm thinking dartboard. Or potentially by plinko. I would assume a plinko board would be more expensive, but don't they get a donation from the Hershey company? They can probably afford to spring for plinko.
I feel that the people who have just been on hold now should likely remain in the "Hold" category after the AMCAS reporting date of April 30th.
I got put on hold 4/17 and I can't imagine that I would not remain in the "Hold" category after a mere 13 days...
I got put on hold 4/17 and I can't imagine that I would not remain in the "Hold" category after a mere 13 days...