You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I suspect that as we come closer and closer to April 30th, Penn State gets a better and better idea of how many more acceptances they can hand out based on the number of withdrawals, etc. The lack of acceptances we're seeing currently is because they want to ensure that they do not over-accept. I can't say for certain, but I think that's how Penn State has changed their strategy this year with the new, earlier decision date.
To answer AAPPGG's question, they can send acceptances any time after April 30th.
To answer AAPPGG's question, they can send acceptances any time after April 30th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got the hold email a little while ago. I interviewed 3/23. Good luck everyone who is still waiting!
Anyone hear from the first week of March?
hold, interviewed middle of march
Congratulations to all those who have recently been accepted!
I was wondering if anyone knows about a checklist to make sure students have everything completed by orientation.
I know we need to send vaccination forms and official transcripts. Anything else?
Also I know that we need to relinquish acceptances at other school by April 30.
How do we tell the school we plan to attend that we are committed? Via email? Formal letter? Is it implied if we do not state that otherwise?
Thanks!
I was wondering if anyone knows about a checklist to make sure students have everything completed by orientation.
I know we need to send vaccination forms and official transcripts. Anything else?
Also I know that we need to relinquish acceptances at other school by April 30.
How do we tell the school we plan to attend that we are committed? Via email? Formal letter? Is it implied if we do not state that otherwise?
Thanks!
Everybody start crossing your fingers. Who the he!! knows how the psu waitlist moves..
Congratulations to all those who have recently been accepted!
I was wondering if anyone knows about a checklist to make sure students have everything completed by orientation.
I know we need to send vaccination forms and official transcripts. Anything else?
Also I know that we need to relinquish acceptances at other school by April 30.
How do we tell the school we plan to attend that we are committed? Via email? Formal letter? Is it implied if we do not state that otherwise?
Thanks!
If you plan on taking out the federal unsubsidized loan that they give you, you also need to go online and sign the promissory note. I also would like a list of everything to make sure I'm on track.
They take care of all the financial aid stuff during your orientation, just make sure you have your FAFSA inIf you plan on taking out the federal unsubsidized loan that they give you, you also need to go online and sign the promissory note. I also would like a list of everything to make sure I'm on track.
I'm waiting on decision since middle march. is there really any chance there are still spots left :[
I'm still waiting from February as wellI'm waiting on decision since middle march. is there really any chance there are still spots left :[
Penn State has bent the knee to the rightful king of Westeros via email. Interviewed 3/9.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know whether to say congratulations or sorryPenn State has bent the knee to the rightful king of Westeros via email. Interviewed 3/9.
Do they do rejections via email?
No they snail mail rejections.
Great...No they snail mail rejections.
Great...
If i remember correctly my decision was a bit off from the pack as well. It's not over until it's over! 😉
I'm sorry if this has been asked, but what exactly happens for waitlisted folks on April 30th? Is it just that sometime AFTER April 30th (no specific date) that the waitlist could move? If I'm only waitlisted at schools (no acceptances) - do I need to do anything? Or just sit and wait...
It's anytime after April 30th until the start of classes that you could be taken off the waitlist. If you are thinking of reapplying, I would ask a pre-med advisor what your next steps should be. I'm waitlisted at multiple schools too so I feel you...good luck!
Darn, committee hold email just now. Interviewed early March.
For anyone who withdrew from the hold category, did you just send an email to [email protected] saying you wanted to withdraw? Think I might do that today.
So they have to make all initial decisions on applicants by today but they can take as long as they want to send it to us?
can i get started on financial aid forms before i get my acceptance info in the mail?
Surprised at all the acceptances in April. I interviewed at the end of November. I thought my interview went very well. Found out I was on the Hold List on January 29th. I have not heard anything since. I currently have 1 acceptance. However, out of the 3 interviews I had, Penn State was my #1 choice. Has anyone sent letters of intent? I think I may do that. Good luck to those still waiting for an acceptance. I am sure there are others like me but at Penn State waiting to get off their #1's wait list.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the past, movement was in early June. I would suspect late may this year because of the may 1 deadline. But that's just an educated guess. I think someone posted like a month or two ago that they got pulled from the hold list if I'm not mistaken.
is money order okay to pay the deposit? address it to penn state hershey?
I am absolutely ecstatic! I received my offer of acceptance today and let them know that I will be going! So, to anyone curious if there has been movement from the Hold List, the answer is yes. Although I am sure there will be movement throughout the summer.
Congratulations!!I am absolutely ecstatic! I received my offer of acceptance today and let them know that I will be going! So, to anyone curious if there has been movement from the Hold List, the answer is yes. Although I am sure there will be movement throughout the summer.
Did you receive it via email or snail mail?I am absolutely ecstatic! I received my offer of acceptance today and let them know that I will be going! So, to anyone curious if there has been movement from the Hold List, the answer is yes. Although I am sure there will be movement throughout the summer.
I was just offered acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in tears
I was just offered acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in tears
Congrats!!! Hope I can join you soon, been on hold since February : /
I was just offered acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in tears
Me too! I'm in complete shock.
Was this by email?Me too! I'm in complete shock.
Was this by email?
Yes it was. I have to call them within 48 hours to accept my acceptance.
Thank you! Oh and congratulations!! That's so awesome!Yes it was. I have to call them within 48 hours to accept my acceptance.
Thank you! And I hope so too!! Best of luck!Congrats!!! Hope I can join you soon, been on hold since February : /
Congrats!! It still feels like a dreamMe too! I'm in complete shock.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you to everyone who offered congratulations. I was in such shock earlier I failed to be gracious. Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted as well.
Congrats!!!!!!Accepted today!
Anyone have the link to the Facebook group?
I think this is the Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325214431015097/
Already added myself.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/325214431015097/
Already added myself.
Has anyone who interviewed before the new year gotten off the hold list? Everyone here seems to be recent holds... ugh 🙁