You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 🙁just received hold email post interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone accepted received the certiphi background check for this school? just got one today, trying to figure out if it's psu or somewhere i was waitlisted at. Thanks!
I was accepted back in October and still haven't gotten the certify email for Penn State yet.
I've gotten the national one though. You can tell from the code in the email. The national one is something like "AAMC(something)".
Make that +2... Anybody know anything about the hold list? Is there a ranking? How likely is if to be taken off? When does movement start? Anyone actually on this site who was taken off and accepted?+1 🙁
Interview invite! Scheduled for 3/4 . Finally after months of being on hold
Were you actually on hold or just hadn't heard anything?Interview invite! Scheduled for 3/4 . Finally after months of being on hold
Were you actually on hold or just hadn't heard anything?
I was on hold. I got an 'interview hold' status update /email a couple weeks after being complete, back in October.
Gives me hope! That's when I was too!I was on hold. I got an 'interview hold' status update /email a couple weeks after being complete, back in October.
+1 (i was put on hold in January)Interview invite! Scheduled for 3/4 . Finally after months of being on hold
post interview hold. It seems as though if a lot of people are on hold so don't know what to expect :/
Maybe the class is just getting too full... I thought my interview went as well as it could go.post interview hold. It seems as though if a lot of people are on hold so don't know what to expect :/
just received hold email post interview
+1 🙁
Make that +2... Anybody know anything about the hold list? Is there a ranking? How likely is if to be taken off? When does movement start? Anyone actually on this site who was taken off and accepted?
post interview hold. It seems as though if a lot of people are on hold so don't know what to expect :/
If you all don't mind me asking, when did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone got off the waitlist yet?
Movement won't happen until late may most likely.
For those who interviewed recently, how many other interviewees were at your interview day?
Around 6/7 others
10-12
I was placed on preinterview hold a few months ago.Has anyone else had any experience with this?
I called them a few times and expressed my enthusiasm and desire to attend.
I am wondering if I will get a realistic shot at an interview/admissions. Does anyone know how it works?
I called them a few times and expressed my enthusiasm and desire to attend.
I am wondering if I will get a realistic shot at an interview/admissions. Does anyone know how it works?
Realistically if you haven't gotten an interview invite your chances are very slim at this point since there aren't too many interview dates left. Sorry to be a bummer. I wouldn't say the chance is zero but pretty slim if any.
I was placed on preinterview hold a few months ago.Has anyone else had any experience with this?
I called them a few times and expressed my enthusiasm and desire to attend.
I am wondering if I will get a realistic shot at an interview/admissions. Does anyone know how it works?
I assumed the moment I got that status it was a silent/deferred pre-interview rejection. Dang PSU, why you gotta be so mean?Realistically if you haven't gotten an interview invite your chances are very slim at this point since there aren't too many interview dates left. Sorry to be a bummer. I wouldn't say the chance is zero but pretty slim if any.
There are 2 dates left, 25th and 30th.Anybody know how many interview dates are left?
my application was put on hold this morning. This is a pre- interview decision. I am just wondering...why not just reject me at this point? like aren't they done interviewing in like a week or so? Anyone more familiar with Penn State admissions process...
The Admissions Committee has completed a thorough review of your application and has placed it in the “Continue to Review” category. Your application will be reviewed periodically during the remainder of the process until a decision is made whether you will be invited for an interview at a later date or not.
Because of the large size of our applicant pool, many applications must be placed in this category so that the Admissions Committee can provide a fair and thorough evaluation of all candidates for admission. Please know that this is a common action, and that your application is still under active review by the Admissions Committee.
You should also be aware that a decision for interview is based on the information presently contained in your file. We will not accept application updates, letters of intent or additional letters of recommendation. You will be informed immediately when a final decision on your status is made.
The Admissions Committee has completed a thorough review of your application and has placed it in the “Continue to Review” category. Your application will be reviewed periodically during the remainder of the process until a decision is made whether you will be invited for an interview at a later date or not.
Because of the large size of our applicant pool, many applications must be placed in this category so that the Admissions Committee can provide a fair and thorough evaluation of all candidates for admission. Please know that this is a common action, and that your application is still under active review by the Admissions Committee.
You should also be aware that a decision for interview is based on the information presently contained in your file. We will not accept application updates, letters of intent or additional letters of recommendation. You will be informed immediately when a final decision on your status is made.
That just seems so wrong to put people on hold now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm extremely excited right now - I was wait listed on February 13. I just checked my P.O. Box and I had my acceptance letter!! The letter is dated March 11. Good luck everyone!
So there's waitlist movement already?
I check my mail.
Letter with "congratulations!" written on the front. Rip it open...
And it's a f****** discover card offer. Fml.
Letter with "congratulations!" written on the front. Rip it open...
And it's a f****** discover card offer. Fml.
Other than the FAFSA, is there anything else accepted students should complete for financial aid purposes? Thanks!
Looks like my app here is a goner- it's almost 3/25, second to last interview day.
My "update" tab is no longer on my application portal. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know what this means...
Is anyone else here going to the second look day?
I'm going!
How many of you have still not heard back?
I got the "review at a later date" email about a month ago, but nothing since. Why do they still have our applications? I'm assuming if we haven't heard yet that means there is no chance... Could they seriously still send out interview invites?
I got the "review at a later date" email about a month ago, but nothing since. Why do they still have our applications? I'm assuming if we haven't heard yet that means there is no chance... Could they seriously still send out interview invites?
Just got waitlisted today after interviewing on 2/18
Were you notified via email or snail mail?Just got waitlisted today after interviewing on 2/18
I feel you... on hold since February.How many of you have still not heard back?
I got the "review at a later date" email about a month ago, but nothing since. Why do they still have our applications? I'm assuming if we haven't heard yet that means there is no chance... Could they seriously still send out interview invites?
did anyone receive an email to activate their penn state email account before you got accepted? I interviewed last month and suddenly got this email and the second look tab as well but i haven't received anything in the mail...
did anyone receive an email to activate their penn state email account before you got accepted? I interviewed last month and suddenly got this email and the second look tab as well but i haven't received anything in the mail...
That is what happened with me! I also had the second look tab in my online portal. I checked my mail later that day and had the packet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone receive an email to activate their penn state email account before you got accepted? I interviewed last month and suddenly got this email and the second look tab as well but i haven't received anything in the mail...
I'm new here, but yes, this happened to me too! I think you're in!
That is what happened with me! I also had the second look tab in my online portal. I checked my mail later that day and had the packet.
I'm new here, but yes, this happened to me too! I think you're in!
ok! thanks!!
When did you all interview??did anyone receive an email to activate their penn state email account before you got accepted? I interviewed last month and suddenly got this email and the second look tab as well but i haven't received anything in the mail...
I interviewed mid february. and just received the packet today!
For those who were put on hold like me, they are done interviewing..right? so basically we are just waiting for an official rejection letter?