You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not going to push it- no point in annoying the adcoms over something they'll get to.
Sheesh I thought all green check marks on the portal mean we were good to go! I'm gonna call tomorrow
Let us know what they say please! I have all the green check marks and I thought I was complete, but never received a "complete" email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the same issue. I was told to email the office of admission and make sure to include my AAMC ID #.Let us know what they say please! I have all the green check marks and I thought I was complete, but never received a "complete" email.
I applied and was interviewed last year early on in the cycle (submitted mid-September and received an interview 6 days later). Don't know how different things are this cycle, but I never received a complete email and received an interview. I am IS, so I don't know if that played a factor in anything. Just remember that Penn State receives a huge amount of applications (I think they said 1/6 or so of the applicant pool last year) and might not have the time to send out complete emails to everyone.
I received an OOS II and never received a complete email so I wouldn't worry! I submitted the secondary the 3rd week of July and got the same email message that said in part that I would receive a complete email "several weeks from today." Instead, I got an II about 3 weeks later. Hope this helps those of you who are concerned!
II this AM!
Last edited:
So I submitted 8/5 and I never received any email at all. But on the portal I have all the check marks. Are you supposed to email them? Did all of you with II receive complete emails or something? Did any of you with II submit your secondary in August?
I didn't get a complete email. Just the check marks on the page 🙂So I submitted 8/5 and I never received any email at all. But on the portal I have all the check marks. Are you supposed to email them? Did all of you with II receive complete emails or something? Did any of you with II submit your secondary in August?
II this AM!
Congrats! When did you submit?
Thanks! ~18-20 days ago.Congrats! When did you submit?
Congrats @GOK<3 !!!!!
Thank you @stickshifthonda <3!!Congrats @GOK<3 !!!!!
Doing the II happy dance....
Timeline: Received secondary: 7/19/14, Submitted secondary: 8/10/14, II on 8/18/14. That's the type of speed I would love to see with more schools!
(sorry but I am not giving out my stats or residence...need some practice with hipaa) 🙂
Timeline: Received secondary: 7/19/14, Submitted secondary: 8/10/14, II on 8/18/14. That's the type of speed I would love to see with more schools!
(sorry but I am not giving out my stats or residence...need some practice with hipaa) 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I think so. I was verified 7/9, didn't get Penn State until 7/28.
Added it also last week and got nothing get either. Hold on!I added Penn State to my AMCAS like 5 days ago but still haven't received a secondary, considering most schools email the secondary the next day, do you guys think I should wait a bit longer or email them?
.
Last edited:
Filled it out about a week or so ago, have not heard anything back. I did notice that the survey had "2013-2014" in its name after submitting it, but I was unsure if I should be paranoid about that or not.Has anyone that has filled out the google doc sheet for staying with a student during interviews in September hear back from the school yet?
Filled it out about a week or so ago, have not heard anything back. I did notice that the survey had "2013-2014" in its name after submitting it, but I was unsure if I should be paranoid about that or not.
Thanks. I sent an e-mail to the address they provided for interviews the other day and still no response yet. Just want to know if I'm going to have to get a hotel on top of traveling.
.
Yeah she's doing that on every thread...
Now, now, let's all play nice. This is my first time using this site. It takes a little getting used to.
We just used it this week for a DKA simulation. The regular rooms are open 24/7 I believe. The staff who run the area are really really friendly (well, everyone here is really really friendly). I think you get a tour by them during your interview.Do students use the Simulation Center during the four year MD program? or is it just for residency positions?
I added Penn State to my AMCAS like 5 days ago but still haven't received a secondary, considering most schools email the secondary the next day, do you guys think I should wait a bit longer or email them?
Added the school on the 14th and just got the secondary! It's coming soon! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hosting interviewees is taken care of by first year students and they haven't started matching students with hosts yet. You should be hearing back from them by next week.Thanks. I sent an e-mail to the address they provided for interviews the other day and still no response yet. Just want to know if I'm going to have to get a hotel on top of traveling.
Hosting interviewees is taken care of by first year students and they haven't started matching students with hosts yet. You should be hearing back from them by next week.
Has anyone that has filled out the google doc sheet for staying with a student during interviews in September hear back from the school yet?
Filled it out about a week or so ago, have not heard anything back. I did notice that the survey had "2013-2014" in its name after submitting it, but I was unsure if I should be paranoid about that or not.
Thanks. I sent an e-mail to the address they provided for interviews the other day and still no response yet. Just want to know if I'm going to have to get a hotel on top of traveling.
Received an email regarding student hosting this morning. I'm happy they sent an email explaining the situation since I wasn't sure if they received my response!Hosting interviewees is taken care of by first year students and they haven't started matching students with hosts yet. You should be hearing back from them by next week.
Anybody know if Penn State is cool with 'in the area' e-mails? I'm already going to PA for another interview. Two birds.
II for september 10 🙂
Added the school on the 14th and just got the secondary! It's coming soon! 🙂
Yeah I got it today as well! Thanks for the heads up 🙂 Hopefully we're not too late!
Never hurts to ask 🙂Anybody know if Penn State is cool with 'in the area' e-mails? I'm already going to PA for another interview. Two birds.
Yeah I got it today as well! Thanks for the heads up 🙂 Hopefully we're not too late!
Nahh I think we're still pretty early! 🙂
Does anybody know how strict PSCOM is regarding letters? I have 3 from professors, 1 from a physician, and 1 from an athletic coach. But I just submitted the secondary and noticed they want a letter from an employer if you have been out of school for more than a year. I went back and forth with the idea of getting one from my employer, but ultimately decided against it to avoid any awkward feelings about me planning to leave a year in advance. I'm guessing I'll need to call them to get more information but thought it might be worth it to post the question here.
When I was scheduling my interview, they didn't even have it as an option to get one within 5 weeks of the email... so I don't think it should be that big of an issueII this morning! How strict are they with the "schedule interview within 5 weeks of this email" aspect?
Ahh yeah they stated in the email that I should schedule within 5 weeks of the email. Well since my only other option other than September is January, looks like it's gonna be September lmaooWhen I was scheduling my interview, they didn't even have it as an option to get one within 5 weeks of the email... so I don't think it should be that big of an issue
Thanks! and 8/4congrats! When was your secondary complete?
Complete at some point last week. IS applicant, but also a reapplicant. Great school, great program, wonderful mission, hoping for an II within the next few days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll have to update us on what they say. I have been working for a year, graduated in 2013, but I do not feel as though I have been working at my current occupation long enough to request a letter.Does anybody know how strict PSCOM is regarding letters? I have 3 from professors, 1 from a physician, and 1 from an athletic coach. But I just submitted the secondary and noticed they want a letter from an employer if you have been out of school for more than a year. I went back and forth with the idea of getting one from my employer, but ultimately decided against it to avoid any awkward feelings about me planning to leave a year in advance. I'm guessing I'll need to call them to get more information but thought it might be worth it to post the question here.
So excited! First interview for me!!! Lots of love~ complete 8/5, OOS
Where is the google doc sheet for requesting student host? I saw the info below under student hosting information tabHosting interviewees is taken care of by first year students and they haven't started matching students with hosts yet. You should be hearing back from them by next week.
"We are organizing our officers and our Student Hosting program and are not able to host at this time." but could not find where to request student host. Shall I email them? Thanks!!
Where is the google doc sheet for requesting student host? I saw the info below under student hosting information tab
"We are organizing our officers and our Student Hosting program and are not able to host at this time." but could not find where to request student host. Shall I email them? Thanks!!
I signed up for a host through the application website and got this email not too long ago:
"Good morning,Thank you for your interest in staying with a student the night before your interview. We apologize for the delayed communication. Hosting is traditionally organized by 1st year medical students. The new student hosting coordinators were just picked a few days ago and will be getting an orientation early next week before they start matching student hosts to interviewees. You should hear back from them with updates early next week. In the meantime please let us know if you have any questions or issues. The former hosting coordinators will check this mailbox regularly until the new coordinators take over.Have a great weekend."