You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's not a big deal for me because now they're looking at you vs. me and I took the extra 5 minutes to find my scores and you didn't feel like doing it. So, nope.You guys don't think it's such a big deal to leave the SAT/ACT scores blank right? Didn't feel like going back and digging them up from collegeboard and such lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol typical SDN answer.It's not a big deal for me because now they're looking at you vs. me and I took the extra 5 minutes to find my scores and you didn't feel like doing it. So, nope.
LOL. What did you expect me to say? 

LOL. What did you expect me to say?![]()
I just love SDN..........really feel the LOVE....as we all move on, it will be most missed 🙂
You guys don't think it's such a big deal to leave the SAT/ACT scores blank right? Didn't feel like going back and digging them up from collegeboard and such lol.
I am pretty sure they are only used for statistical purposes so it shouldn't have any impact on your application.
Haha thank you @sundancing for an answer that anyone asking my question would be looking for.I am pretty sure they are only used for statistical purposes so it shouldn't have any impact on your application.
I was just kidding! I'm actually very interested to see what they do with them. Maybe they somehow try to correlate ACT/SAT scores with MCAT/GPA and then acceptances?
Haha I know buddy, it's all good! Yeah I was thinking the same thing, my main concern was whether they incorporate it into admissions but that would just be ridiculous and maybe my neuroticism is just catching up to me with this whole process lol.I was just kidding! I'm actually very interested to see what they do with them. Maybe they somehow try to correlate ACT/SAT scores with MCAT/GPA and then acceptances?
Yeah, it's tough to NOT think about this stuff- literally a year of waiting that decides our future!Haha I know buddy, it's all good! Yeah I was thinking the same thing, my main concern was whether they incorporate it into admissions but that would just be ridiculous and maybe my neuroticism is just catching up to me with this whole process lol.
I'm not applying until next year, but, would mentioning in the secondary for "why psu" that attending undergrad here was an influence be a bad idea?
Personally I would be hesitant about doing so just because the med school is in Hershey and there are no undergrads there. However, if you had a chance to work/interact with someone from the med school then I don't see why you can't do that. Or maybe if it's something about THON? 🙂
Personally I would be hesitant about doing so just because the med school is in Hershey and there are no undergrads there. However, if you had a chance to work/interact with someone from the med school then I don't see why you can't do that. Or maybe if it's something about THON? 🙂
I'd say go ahead and mention how much you loved the PSU community, especially if you're looking at going up to UP for 3rd and 4th year. We have a lot of PSU grads here! Just focus on how the community inspire you and how much you want to continue to be a part of it.
Posted using SDN Mobile
It'll depend on if you want them to see your new score before lookin at your app. We interviewed till like April so you won't be screwed if you tell them to wait. It's totally your call.if im retaking my mcat in september, should i answer one of the questions as "no wait for my mcat score" or "begin procesing immediately"
any thoughts? i have all my letters in and cranking out this secondary today
Posted using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received today! 3.9+ science and cumulative GPAs, 37 MCAT, in state resident. Submitted the secondary last month (like the day after it came out) but my letter packet was just uploaded last week so I probably wasn't complete until about a week ago.
The email said my interview date needs to be within 5 weeks of today but when I went to schedule the interview, the earliest date available to me was about 6-7 weeks from now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to call the admissions office tomorrow just to double check on that.
The email said my interview date needs to be within 5 weeks of today but when I went to schedule the interview, the earliest date available to me was about 6-7 weeks from now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to call the admissions office tomorrow just to double check on that.
II received today! 3.9+ science and cumulative GPAs, 37 MCAT, in state resident. Submitted the secondary last month (like the day after it came out) but my letter packet was just uploaded last week so I probably wasn't complete until about a week ago.
The email said my interview date needs to be within 5 weeks of today but when I went to schedule the interview, the earliest date available to me was about 6-7 weeks from now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to call the admissions office tomorrow just to double check on that.
I am in the same situation. I have to assume that it's no big deal but let us know when you have an answer!
II received today! 3.9+ science and cumulative GPAs, 37 MCAT, in state resident. Submitted the secondary last month (like the day after it came out) but my letter packet was just uploaded last week so I probably wasn't complete until about a week ago.
The email said my interview date needs to be within 5 weeks of today but when I went to schedule the interview, the earliest date available to me was about 6-7 weeks from now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to call the admissions office tomorrow just to double check on that.
Yeah-- I had this issue too. I called and they were really nice and told me not to worry about it.
Posted using SDN Mobile
Yeah-- I had this issue too. I called and they were really nice and told me not to worry about it.
Posted using SDN Mobile
Yup, I called today and they told me it was absolutely fine.
Yup, I called today and they told me it was absolutely fine.
Are a lot of the days already filling up for early interviews when you went to schedule?
Are a lot of the days already filling up for early interviews when you went to schedule?
To be honest, I'm not really sure. I was at work and in a rush when I scheduled my interview so I just picked the earliest date available without really looking at the rest.
bandera de Asturias?
Sí 🙂 Estuve allí un semestre estudiando al extranjero. ¿Estuviste allí una vez? ¡Mándame un mensaje por aquí si te apetece charlar sobre Asturias!
Congrats!! Could you tell me when you were completed?II. Avg gpa. Below avg mcat. There is hope for the rest of us.
That five wk limit is meaningless bc there are only a few interview dates available when you sign on. You pick what's available. It's not worth calling the office about.
how much below avg if you don't mind sharing publicly?II. Avg gpa. Below avg mcat. There is hope for the rest of us.
That five wk limit is meaningless bc there are only a few interview dates available when you sign on. You pick what's available. It's not worth calling the office about.
congrats!
Would coming from another country and learning a new language suffice as solving a complex problem? I really have no idea of what I should be talking about.
Exactly what I am doing.
II right now! OOS, >3.9+ cGPA, >3.9+ sGPA, >35. Excited for Penn State!
When did you submit?II right now! OOS, >3.9+ cGPA, >3.9+ sGPA, >35. Excited for Penn State!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/27 around
Complete 7/20 here. They may have passed over my app already but I'm not giving up hope just yet!
Congrats to those with invites already and to those without, it's still mad early
Congrats to those with invites already and to those without, it's still mad early
OOS II with a lower GPA and higher MCAT than their MSAR averages. Complete 7/24.
I have similar stats. Hoping for an II too!
OOS II with a lower GPA and higher MCAT than their MSAR averages. Complete 7/24.
Congrats! Just wondering, when were you complete?IS II! MY first one 😀 So happy I got this, especially since I got rejected from VCU last night
There is hope!! To those of you who don't think you have a chance:
Just received II today
. Stats below average (IS)
Not really sure what they're looking for, since I have decent ECs, but nothing stellar. Perhaps the LORs helped? Fit?
Submitted secondary 8/2, letter from graduate professor received 8/11.
It's a long and confusing process, but keep strong! I think adcoms really take a look at you holistically and determine whether you are a good fit!
Good luck!
Just received II today
. Stats below average (IS)Not really sure what they're looking for, since I have decent ECs, but nothing stellar. Perhaps the LORs helped? Fit?
Submitted secondary 8/2, letter from graduate professor received 8/11.
It's a long and confusing process, but keep strong! I think adcoms really take a look at you holistically and determine whether you are a good fit!
Good luck!
Last edited:
There is hope!! To those of you who don't think you have a chance:
Just received II today. Stats below average on almost every aspect: 3.39 cGPA/3.23 sGPA/ 30 MCAT (IS)
Not really sure what they're looking for, since I have decent ECs, but nothing stellar. Perhaps the LORs helped? Fit?
Submitted secondary 8/2, letter from graduate professor received 8/11.
It's a long and confusing process, but keep strong! I think adcoms really take a look at you holistically and determine whether you are a good fit!
Good luck!
Congrats! Did you ever receive a complete email from them?
Thank you! I submitted my secondary on the 20th of July. My LORs came in on August 1st and I was complete right after that.Congrats! Just wondering, when were you complete?
Did anyone complete the survey for staying with a student host? I filled it out, submitted it and it said "2013-2014." I am not sure if I should be concerned since they could be just reusing this form.
I submitted my secondary 7/29 but never got a complete email. I called admissions today and they told me to send an email, which I did. I wonder what happened to my app.
+1I never got a complete email either, but I'm complete on the portal.
I submitted my secondary 7/29 but never got a complete email. I called admissions today and they told me to send an email, which I did. I wonder what happened to my app.
I have the same problem. Submitted on Aug 1st, but no complete email yet. Just emailed them. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well the email I received when my secondary was completed said that my secondary was complete but my application wasn't.
"You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review."
So I'm going to be patient and wait for that email even though I have the green check next to complete on my portal!
"You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review."
So I'm going to be patient and wait for that email even though I have the green check next to complete on my portal!
Well the email I received when my secondary was completed said that my secondary was complete but my application wasn't.
"You will receive another email, several weeks from today, informing you that your application is complete and is being submitted to the Admissions Committee for review."
So I'm going to be patient and wait for that email even though I have the green check next to complete on my portal!
I called them yesterday becuase I recieved the same email after I submitted 7/22 but have yet to get another email.
They said that although my application is complete, it hasn't been submitted for review yet which is why I haven't gotten the email...slightly confusing since I submited it 7/22 and some people with IIs submitted after me but maybe its becuase I'm OOS?
I called them yesterday becuase I recieved the same email after I submitted 7/22 but have yet to get another email.
They said that although my application is complete, it hasn't been submitted for review yet which is why I haven't gotten the email...slightly confusing since I submited it 7/22 and some people with IIs submitted after me but maybe its becuase I'm OOS?
I'm also OOS.
Sheesh I thought all green check marks on the portal mean we were good to go! I'm gonna call tomorrow