You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yea... paid, submitted, and received email confirmation of submission, but home page says "Application has not been submitted"
Yeah I have the same thing. On a similar note, I'm like 98% sure that I clicked the box on the application submit page. But after I submitted the supplementary, it isn't checked anymore. Does anybody have that?
Did anyone else have issues with paying the application fee? I entered all my payment info and submitted but the page didn't reload/respond, and it isn't indicating that I paid.
I emailed the SLU adcoms last night with screenshots of the issue. They said that this is a new system and that they sent my screenshots to their programmers so that they can fix the malfunction. I also asked them if my secondary actually did submit, and they said it did.Yea... paid, submitted, and received email confirmation of submission, but home page says "Application has not been submitted"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed the SLU adcoms last night with screenshots of the issue. They said that this is a new system and that they sent my screenshots to their programmers so that they can fix the malfunction. I also asked them if my secondary actually did submit, and they said it did.
Thanks for asking. I had the same issue when I submitted.
Just got my secondary - is there nothing to fill out aside from the what are you doing 2014-2015 box?
How many of the 10,000 characters should we aim to use for our 2014-2015 activities. 10,000 is a lot..
I'm curious what everyone is writing (if anything) for the 10000 character box for "any comments" to the admissions committee. Would this be a place to write "why SLU" or do most people just leave it blank? Any current SLU students that can add their perspective?
I literally wrote one sentence.I'm curious what everyone is writing (if anything) for the 10000 character box for "any comments" to the admissions committee. Would this be a place to write "why SLU" or do most people just leave it blank? Any current SLU students that can add their perspective?
I used 6500 charactersI'm curious what everyone is writing (if anything) for the 10000 character box for "any comments" to the admissions committee. Would this be a place to write "why SLU" or do most people just leave it blank? Any current SLU students that can add their perspective?

Did you guys receive a confirmation of any type that you submitted the secondary? I got the glitch where the page refreshed but I got no confirmation/e-mail afterwards.
did you get the confirmation email immediately after submitting? bc my green check isn't going, but I didn't get an e-mail, either...
If my grades fell a little in sophomore year due to personal problems, is it worth explaining in the extra comments box??
If you thimk it looks like a signifcant change to your usual routine of grades, then yes. But also be mindful not to waste the space incase you have something more meaningful to share.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yup, i haven't even received an e-mail confirmation yet, so i dunno what's up...Yeah I have the same thing. On a similar note, I'm like 98% sure that I clicked the box on the application submit page. But after I submitted the supplementary, it isn't checked anymore. Does anybody have that?
Secondary received this morning! 🙂
Ditto that!Secondary Submitted
5
504196
So do you have to be part of the Jesuit tradition to apply here? Any current students or others have any insight on this?
If they are like Creighton, it should not matter at all.So do you have to be part of the Jesuit tradition to apply here? Any current students or others have any insight on this?
so is it safe to say that if you've received an email after submission, but the green check is still absent, they have actually received your app?
I didn't get an e-mail, so I e-mailed them and they said to rest assured the apps are received and the secondary status should be fixed in a week or two
Good God …. 10,000 characters to explain what I'm doing in my gap-year! Really? I felt it was short anyway, but now it feels totally insufficient.
@claduva94, are you trying to stir things up there? 🙂
@claduva94, are you trying to stir things up there? 🙂
Last edited:
Is applying here with a 29 MCAT worth it or will it pretty much be a donation?
Absolutely not. SLU welcomes applications from and accepts students from all backgrounds.So do you have to be part of the Jesuit tradition to apply here? Any current students or others have any insight on this?
Yeah I have the same thing. On a similar note, I'm like 98% sure that I clicked the box on the application submit page. But after I submitted the supplementary, it isn't checked anymore. Does anybody have that?
Were you able to figure out what to do? I'm still having this problem and wondering if I should call them tomorrow...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have that. Although I did receive the confirmation email, when I check the application status, it also says that the supplemental has not been submitted :/
+1I'm getting the same issue. Page refreshes and there's no green checkmark and no confirmation e-mail.
This is bothering me, it says my application has been submitted under the Secondary Application tab, but under the Home tab it says my supplemental application has not been submitted. Anyone else having this problem?
if you guys go to the "communication status" tab on the home page, does an entry saying
yes, also under the communication status tab it shows the email they sent me saying i was submitted, so I'm going by thatThis is bothering me, it says my application has been submitted under the Secondary Application tab, but under the Home tab it says my supplemental application has not been submitted. Anyone else having this problem?
+1 to the submitting error... the page simply refreshes and uncheck the certification box after I press submit. The green checkmark is not updated next to my status either. I'll wait to see if I receive a confirmation email...
Also pressed submit twice, so I hope that doesn't ruin it...
I think I tried "submitting" 3 times before I gave up haha... still ended up getting the confirmation awhile later though so I think you should be okay. Still no checkmark though...
How long did it take for you to get the email? I still havent gotten it 🙁
It took me about an hour to receive it... So perhaps you might want to consider e-mailing or calling. I was going to call today to make sure but today is a holiday 🙁
I never got any email either, and I submitted mine yesterday! Plz let me know what they say 😕Yeah I never got it... :\ this is so frustrating! I left a message.
Only do it if you can add something substantial. I have seen people on here get in without writing it. But, in my opinion, any opportunity to express yourself more is a good opportunity.I'm from St. Louis and my stats are well above SLU's medians. Am I throwing away money if I turn in my app w/o doing the optional essay? I actually worked in a lab there one summer and I mention it in my personal statement.
It may help a small amour but as they are a private school they don't show much preference.Does anyone know if this school has a strong in-state preference? Would it be worth including an explanation of my in state ties in the "anything else" prompt?
does anyone's file say "No letters submitted"? All my other schools have received my letters..does slu need them to be sent directly to them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone call them or get a response about the submit problem?
Yes: "We are aware of the issue and have notified our programmers and anticipate the problem to be resolved in a week or so. In the mean time, please be assured that your application was successfully submitted."
My submission status was unchanged but payment was processed.
I received the same response as Avocado8. They said that the secondary application was successfully submitted though!
Yeah, it seems like just a minor issue
Do anyone know how to make sure our application is complete? I have submitted and received email notification, but the application is not complete on the status page. 😡