2014-2015 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got a complete email
Dear adimelon,

Thank you for applying to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete and under review. You may upload grade or activity updates to your application throughout the season. The Committee will notify you in writing as soon as any decision is made. No further inquiry is necessary on your part in this interim period.

Office of Admissions
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
 


upload_2014-7-16_21-30-16.png
 
Undergrad is already behind on uploading committee letters to AMCAS... don't expect to be complete for another week 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I only have 3 hours of English but as a Bio/Spanish double major 18 in spanish speaking and literature classes. Sounds like I still should not apply based on their email. Any thoughts?
M
 
It was the email saying that I could now access the secondary. When I put in id/pw then went to "details about the application process" it listed course requirements.
 
It was the email saying that I could now access the secondary. When I put in id/pw then went to "details about the application process" it listed course requirements.

I see, i'd call and ask them. Maybe you could take one in the next year to meet their requirements.
 
I never got a complete email but everything on my status page is a green check...am I complete or do they still have to review everything first?
 
I never got a complete email but everything on my status page is a green check...am I complete or do they still have to review everything first?

I got an email saying that I was complete even after the green check marks were on the status page. It took about another day or two after that!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh okay thanks! It just seems like a lot of people have gotten and submitted their secondary already. Just being neurotic...

Haha I definitely don't blame you. Since you were verified before me (Me: July 9th) and I have already received the secondary and submitted it, I would encourage you to call SLU/AMCAS to find out what's going on. Your stats are definitely not keeping you out.
 
Haha I definitely don't blame you. Since you were verified before me (Me: July 9th) and I have already received the secondary and submitted it, I would encourage you to call SLU/AMCAS to find out what's going on. Your stats are definitely not keeping you out.
Good advice, I will do that! Thank you for your help 🙂
 
Anyone know if SLU lets you do a gap year for research during med school? I couldn't find anything on their site.
 
I completed my application a few weeks ago and my status has a green check next to complete, but I never got a complete email. Should I be worried?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How long did it take them to send you the complete email after submitting the secondary? I submitted my secondary 27 days ago. No complete email yet! 🙁

Thanks! It actually took them about 15 days so they very well could be backed up now? It wouldn't hurt to check in...