You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Texas Tech University - El Paso Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm sure they do, you just need to call or email them. I was about to do the same.Does anyone know if el paso gives out file reviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Did the Facebook group for newly accepted students get deleted? I can't find it anymore even though I am sure I joined it a couple months ago. ):
Which schools do you know are moving along so far?
It's there, though maybe they had to restart it. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will tell you who to get in contact with.Did the Facebook group for newly accepted students get deleted? I can't find it anymore even though I am sure I joined it a couple months ago. ):
Anyone heard anything off the waitlist?
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be coming out?
Withdrew from the class a few days ago...best of luck
Where are ya headed?Withdrew from the class a few days ago...best of luck
Houston
Anyone hear of any waitlist movement happing yet?
Hello everyone,
Just received a call today telling me I'm getting the opportunity for a phone interview. Does anyone have any recommendation on how I can prepare for this phone call? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Just received a call today telling me I'm getting the opportunity for a phone interview. Does anyone have any recommendation on how I can prepare for this phone call? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you waitlisted for the 2015 cycle?Hello everyone,
Just received a call today telling me I'm getting the opportunity for a phone interview. Does anyone have any recommendation on how I can prepare for this phone call? Any advice would be much appreciated.
No I was not put on the waiting list. Application went to completed status this week. Had issues with application process regarding my letters of recommendation. Valerie did an awesome job helping me get it all sorted out last week with admissions.
That's awesome they were willing to work with you. Good luck on the interview too!No I was not put on the waiting list. Application went to completed status this week. Had issues with application process regarding my letters of recommendation. Valerie did an awesome job helping me get it all sorted out last week with admissions.
Wow! That's highly unusual, but very cool! Congrats and good luck!Hello everyone,
Just received a call today telling me I'm getting the opportunity for a phone interview. Does anyone have any recommendation on how I can prepare for this phone call? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Lol that's what I thought. How did you like the medsci? I was accepted into the program for this year.That email they just sent out to the waitlisted regarding their new post-bacc program is the ultimate troll. I just completed MedSci this past year at UNTHSC as well, so I'm like, "It's not even a Master's Degree!"
Had a great time, finished with an excellent GPA but am still frustrated over getting the highest possible B in Physiology (5 CREDIT HOURS). First semester is all right, second semester gets intense with Gross Anatomy and Physiology. It definitely was a success for me and an improvement over my undergrad, so I'm hoping it helps out next cycle.Lol that's what I thought. How did you like the medsci? I was accepted into the program for this year.
5 hours! Ouch that's a lot of hours for one course. If you don't mind me asking, how many interviews did you get this past application cycle?Had a great time, finished with an excellent GPA but am still frustrated over getting the highest possible B in Physiology (5 CREDIT HOURS). First semester is all right, second semester gets intense with Gross Anatomy and Physiology. It definitely was a success for me and an improvement over my undergrad, so I'm hoping it helps out next cycle.
Has anyone on the alternate list been accepted or rejected? If not, does someone know when we will start to hear about movement off the list?
Has anyone else heard of any wait list movement or of how many people are expected to be admitted from the wait list ? I know people in the wait list of other texas school are starting to hear back but I haven't heard anything from the people at PLFSOM. Is it too late? Starting to get worried.
Has anyone else heard of any wait list movement or of how many people are expected to be admitted from the wait list ? I know people in the wait list of other texas school are starting to hear back but I haven't heard anything from the people at PLFSOM. Is it too late? Starting to get worried.
If you have already been admitted into a medical school, you won't here back from the waitlist anymore. However, I think there still might be hope if you are still on the waitlist and do not have an acceptance (possibly until the first day of school?). TTEP starts classes in about a month.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do have another acceptance but I would really like to go to PLFSOM. I guess we will see how it works out!
I do have another acceptance but I would really like to go to PLFSOM. I guess we will see how it works out!
Are you IS and is that other acceptance in Texas?
yes I am in state and its at TCOM!
After june 1 you can't receive an acceptance from another Texas medical school if you have already been accepted to a Texas med program. But the good news is that you are headed to medical school! 🙂