2014-2015 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any post-secondary rejections yet?

Grats and goodluck to all with IIs!!

Members don't see this ad.

Does UCSF do silent rejections? I'm going on 9 weeks since submitting secondary and no word despite the 4-6 week processing period they mention in the complete email.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does UCSF do silent rejections? I'm going on 9 weeks since submitting secondary and no word despite the 4-6 week processing period they mention in the complete email.

It can take up to 12

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a secondary this evening! AMCAS complete mid August.

Secondary request last night, there is still hope!! AMCAS complete August 5th - seriously sooooo excited :))

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten an II for PRIME-US or JMP yet? Or has anyone who applied for either of these programs received a regular II?

Help needed: is UCSF receptive to the in the area email? Many many thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI: When sending an in the area e-mail, it won't hurt your chances. All it can do is speed up their decision for you.

Hey y'all. I had a general question not specific to UCSF, but I wasn't sure where to post. How do you link your MDapplicant.com account to your SDN account?

Rejected, pre-secondary. Though my stats are definitely competitive if MSAR is to be believed.

But then I found this on their site:
Applicants who do not receive a secondary application or an invitation to interview may appeal the decision of the Committee on Admissions by writing to the Chair of the Admissions Committee at the Admissions Office. Please note that applicants who have interviewed are not eligible to appeal because their files have already received final Committee review.

Has anyone sent an appeals letter before? Know any tips or anything more about about it? I found a few posts though latest I've read is 2008 and some trolling posts here and there. I have a good chunk of spare time and cost isn't an issue so I figure I'd get it out of the way before my research projects ramp up. Was really interested in the school specifically.

Has anyone gotten an II for PRIME-US or JMP yet? Or has anyone who applied for either of these programs received a regular II?

I was complete on 8/5 and I applied to PRIME. I haven't heard anything yet. +pity+

Reactions: 2 users
Have there been any IIs at all this week? :) Anyone who has been fortunate enough to receive an II recently, can you give us some idea of what the earliest available interview dates are?

Anyone who has been fortunate enough to receive an II recently, can you give us some idea of what the earliest available interview dates are?

The earliest available interview date is in the first week of November. The available dates change day-to-day, though.

Rejected post-secondary about an hour ago. LizzyM 73, OOS. No surprise there. Best of luck to everybody else!

Last edited:
first post-2nd rejection in the thread? sorry to hear, but onto the next schools!

first post-2nd rejection in the thread? sorry to hear, but onto the next schools!
Thanks. This first rejection didn't sting as badly as I thought it would, probably because it was a massive long shot!

Thanks. This first rejection didn't sting as badly as I thought it would, probably because it was a massive long shot!

Did they send you an email? Or, did you have to check online?

And, Sorry to hear, best of luck with the other schools!!

Did they send you an email? Or, did you have to check online?

And, Sorry to hear, best of luck with the other schools!!
It was by email. Actually a really nice rejection email.

And thanks :) I made consolation tacos, so it's all good!

Reactions: 9 users
If this makes anyone feel any better, here's a "was" tale - I got an II after over 8 weeks of post-secondary waiting, so just because it's taking a long time doesn't mean there's no hope! UCSF might just be a little slow this year. :)

6 weeks...

10 weeks here and nothing
+1. The fetus, that represents all the hope of living in an amazing city and learn at an incredible institution, please have your heart beat for me! It's about time!

Reactions: 3 users
Please, UCSF! Love me as much as I love you. Make my dreams of coming back to the Bay Area come true.

(The other day, I was listening to the Temptations' "Ain't Too Proud to Beg." All I could think about was how fitting the song is for my feelings toward UCSF. :))

Reactions: 3 users
Who wouldn't want to study at such a wonderful institution?! It's such an amazing place :oops:

Is it too late to apply here? I'm also OOS

It's hard to define "too" late, but it is late. UCSF pre-screens, so it took me >3 weeks to even receive the secondary (the website says it can take 3-10 weeks).

It's hard to define "too" late, but it is late. UCSF pre-screens, so it took me >3 weeks to even receive the secondary (the website says it can take 3-10 weeks).

Agreed. It took over 3 months for me to be screened through.

I just got one too.....dear god they might actually like me!

tumblr_inline_mf7pnqtoiF1qzimuf.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
When were you lucky ducks with IIs today complete? Did any of you apply for PRIME or JMP?

When were you lucky ducks with IIs today complete? Did any of you apply for PRIME or JMP?

Complete 8/7. Got interview for regular UCSF and JMP programs.

for people with IIs what are your rough Lizzy Ms? and IS or OOS?

I received an interview at Stanford slated for mid-November. Since I live in the east coast, I've sent an in-the-area email to the California schools that I've been complete at since August. However, I've been complete at UCSF only since September, so I'm wondering whether it'd be presumptuous of me to send an ITA email to UCSF. Thoughts?