2014-2015 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think doing all 3 should be fine, especially since the prompt says choose at least 2 of the 3.

This is correct - Answering all three questions is just fine. I responded to all three prompts and I'll be starting classes on August 11th. 🙂

To those still waiting for secondaries, don't worry! I'm sure the admissions team is just inundated and haven't gotten around to sending you the application yet.
 
OOS with a 30 mcat and very average GPA and I got my secondary on 7/15. My brother did his residency at Wake so I'm hoping thats enough of a connection.
OOS with 33 MCAT and avgish GPA, above avg. Science GPA. I got the secondary 7/15 as well.
Is there a screening process pre-secondary here?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aha! Didn't see the at least either .... Maybe I should pay attention more ... I was too in the zone. :ninja:
 
Would spending a few summers at my uncles house count as a strong tie? or should I just leave the response blank.?


EDIT: Im going to go with no...
 
Anyone have any idea how many secondaries and interviews were sent in previous years?
 
OOS, 33, <3.5, sgpa <3.3...got one last week so hang in there!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was considering mentioning that Tim Duncan is one of my favorite players. Do you think that would be a fun/appropriate thing to write for the connection to NC? haha
 
Added wake on 7/10, still no communication whatsoever from them. Not complaining considering how swamped I am with secondaries right now...
I'm actually ready for another, and I've pre-written this one, so I'm really getting antsy. Come on, WF! Send me stuff and let me make my case!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone mentioned that the deadline for Wake's secondary changed from 1 week to 3 weeks. Did they send out an email about that? Or post on their site? I had to leave town on a family emergency and wasn't able to submit within a week!
 
my secondary invite just says: "The deadline for submitting the secondary application is three weeks from the date of this e-mail message. "
 
Someone mentioned that the deadline for Wake's secondary changed from 1 week to 3 weeks. Did they send out an email about that? Or post on their site? I had to leave town on a family emergency and wasn't able to submit within a week!

If you got yours in the first batch then it said one week. They sent out another email a few hours later saying it was three. I assume they changed it in the rest of the batches to just say 3 weeks. Either way you should be good!
 
Someone mentioned that the deadline for Wake's secondary changed from 1 week to 3 weeks. Did they send out an email about that? Or post on their site? I had to leave town on a family emergency and wasn't able to submit within a week!

I was part of the first batch of secondaries, and they said one week in the original email and then sent a second email correcting it to three weeks. You can definitely still submit!
 
I was verified on 7/3 and they were part of my initial group of schools. I'm thinking that I may have a silent rejection.

Same here.. verified 7/1.. 🤔
Well.. at least I got other secondaries to do.
And I think it's better to be rejected now than post-secondary..
 
Same here.. verified 7/1.. 🤔
Well.. at least I got other secondaries to do.
And I think it's better to be rejected now than post-secondary..


Did yall get the complete email yet? I was verified on 7/3 and havent heard a thing from wake
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, my primary amcas was verified on 7/3... Havent even gotten the "application received" email- should i call or is this normal?
I don't recall getting an application received email. I think you are good to go if you are verified. I would just wait it out. I was verified on 6/27 for reference.
 
for the choose one competency question, did you guys specifically say what competency you chose? Or did you just write and hope that its apparent to the reader