-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted last night and got the email saying my secondary was complete immediately. How weird.+1. Secondary complete email received today. Submitted secondary application July 27.
Unless there's a different email?
It's not the same. You'll get one email saying "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application." which comes right after submission.I submitted last night and got the email saying my secondary was complete immediately. How weird.
Unless there's a different email?
But then you'll get a SECOND email (mine took a few days but that was back in July, now it seems like it's taking a few weeks) that says "We are happy to inform you that your application to the AlbertEinstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
Just received the COMPLETE email! Submitted on Aug 1.
Alright, very good to know. Thank you very much.It's not the same. You'll get one email saying "You have successfully completed the Secondary Application." which comes right after submission.
But then you'll get a SECOND email (mine took a few days but that was back in July, now it seems like it's taking a few weeks) that says "We are happy to inform you that your application to the AlbertEinstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
Any recent II's? It seems the 24th was the last wave.
I'd like to know this too
Anyone know how they react to "in the area for another interview" emails?
Did anyone who submitted on or after August 6 receive a "complete" email?
Yes I submitted around Aug 15-16 and received a complete email on the 19thDid anyone who submitted on or after August 6 receive a "complete" email?
Actually, it is just saying that I have successfully completed the application, I haven't received anything after that
I'm going to have the same problem - any updates with this?I just got an email that my file won't be complete until I send them a science letter that isn't in mymajor. I had sent them 3 LORs, 2 each from my science major and 1 from a non-science professor.
I've been out of school for a couple years and there is no way I'll be able to procure a science letter outside my major, especially as those would be prereq courses I'd have taken in the first and second year of school. Has anyone been in a similar situation and managed to talk them into waiving this requirement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. Submitted 8/7. Under review on 9/4.Did anyone who submitted on or after August 6 receive a "complete" email?
Yes I submitted around Aug 15-16 and received a complete email on the 19th
Actually, it is just saying that I have successfully completed the application, I haven't received anything after that
Thanks! The last email I received was" You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine." I will call the school if I don't hear back by the end on next week.
Complete date?II just now via email!!
II just now via email!!
+1
Complete date?
I was complete July 13!
About 1200 were interviewed last cycle for 183 seats so I'd guess 350 - 400 total acceptancesinterviewed to acceptance rate at einstein?
II, complete 7/15. LM = 71. Scheduled for 10/27
II as well! Complete late July. So excited to visit New York for the first time! 🙂
Last edited:
II! In- state, Lizzy M 75, submitted mid- July.
Congrats! Did you receive a complete email?
Yup! Around mid- July as well.Congrats! Did you receive a complete email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ii today! complete mid july
Has anyone submitted updates? I've been complete since 7/15 and nothing (aside from the your application is complete and will be reviewed by adcom email). Thinking of sending an update letter....not sure if it's worth it or will be just annoying at this point.
Do you guys know if Einstein is receptive to "in the area" emails? Thanks!
When did you guys that received IIs yesterday schedule your interviews? I didn't see the email until tonight and had to schedule mine in late November.
No, there isn'tQuick question, am i just oblivious...but is there a way to check your application status on their portal?
I'm not really familiar at all with New York. Any idea on whether it's better to fly into JFK or LGA? Or does it not really matter?
LaGuardia's closer to Einstein but I'd just go with whichever airport has the cheaper flight.
Does anyone know where to send application updates to or whether Einstein even accepts updates at all?
I don't think they are very receptive to updates, although theres no harm in trying. Also, with anything you send, they usually want it in the body of the email itself unless its something like a transcript.Does anyone know where to send application updates to or whether Einstein even accepts updates at all?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, what was the turnaround time for you guys between turning in the secondary and being complete? I had submitted my secondary 2 months ago and by then my recs and everything were in but just got a complete email yesterday. I didn't know it took 2 months to be complete if I submitted in July (which I didn't think was late)?
Also, what was the turnaround time for you guys between turning in the secondary and being complete? I had submitted my secondary 2 months ago and by then my recs and everything were in but just got a complete email yesterday. I didn't know it took 2 months to be complete if I submitted in July (which I didn't think was late)?
So I actually submitted an application last year. I submitted my secondary roughly around the 10th of July and got a complete email roughly two weeks later. Einstein interviews roughly about 1,000 applicants each year (varies based on year) and gets around 8,000 applications. Also, because of the new MCAT people may have submitted later and therefore they have a huge backlog (all speculation). I think a month was the average last year.
I submitted 8/5 and still am not complete...at this point I'm kinda like there's "slow," and then there's "too slow." This is too slow...
Also, what was the turnaround time for you guys between turning in the secondary and being complete? I had submitted my secondary 2 months ago and by then my recs and everything were in but just got a complete email yesterday. I didn't know it took 2 months to be complete if I submitted in July (which I didn't think was late)?
Submitted 8/06....no complete email yet. Just secondary acknowledgment. This is by far the most slowest turnover of any school in my experience. I suspect I will be complete in October...Very disappointing.
deleted
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
OOS secondary complete 7/20