You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II just now 🙂 9/21
II today!! So excited! Anyone else pick 10/9?
Congrats guys! When were you complete and do you mind sharing stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perusing through took a few hours. Have you tried to hit the button to "send request?" I've hit it on a few different browsers and computers and I have no clue if the request to meet with research faculty went through...II, kinda in disbelief
submitted and complete 7/19
it's awesome that you have the option of requesting to speak with a specific faculty member in a research area you want to pursue. time to do some online "stalking"
I just got an email that my file won't be complete until I send them a science letter that isn't in mymajor. I had sent them 3 LORs, 2 each from my science major and 1 from a non-science professor.
I've been out of school for a couple years and there is no way I'll be able to procure a science letter outside my major, especially as those would be prereq courses I'd have taken in the first and second year of school. Has anyone been in a similar situation and managed to talk them into waiving this requirement?
I've been out of school for a couple years and there is no way I'll be able to procure a science letter outside my major, especially as those would be prereq courses I'd have taken in the first and second year of school. Has anyone been in a similar situation and managed to talk them into waiving this requirement?
I just got an email that my file won't be complete until I send them a science letter that isn't in mymajor. I had sent them 3 LORs, 2 each from my science major and 1 from a non-science professor.
I've been out of school for a couple years and there is no way I'll be able to procure a science letter outside my major, especially as those would be prereq courses I'd have taken in the first and second year of school. Has anyone been in a similar situation and managed to talk them into waiving this requirement?
When did you submit your secondary? I'm afraid I'm going to have this same issue
When did you submit your secondary? I'm afraid I'm going to have this same issue
About a month ago.
You should get a complete email from them at some point saying that they have everything.
.
You should get a complete email from them at some point saying that they have everything.
Alright, no email of completion yet! They should have received all my materials about 20 days ago. Should I give the office a call or is this just one of the slower schools?
I was on the phone with them today. They're a bit behind it seems. Patience is a virtue!
They are a bit slower now I think. I submitted 7/10 and was complete 7/24 but that's only n=1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, 1st year here. I will be helping out giving tours this year! I'm a NYC local and a reapp so lemme know if there are any questions!
Any MSTP interviews?
Any MSTP interviews?
No news here :/
Joining thread - watch button doesn't work.
Same here!
I'm a reapplicant, but didn't apply to Einstein last year. Would Einstein have any way to check that I applied to other schools last year if I just answered no on the secondary? I get that lying is a bad start to an application, but ffs, the nature of this secondary is making me question whether I would actually want to go to this school. "I have been subject to a disciplinary action and/or an administrative action, expunged or not, while in school Yes/No" - Is this even legal? They're either obstuse or directly stepping on the actual definition of the word expunged (obviously the latter).
On the other hand, I wonder if the essay is actually an opportunity to say some more words? Or if the reason they jab it in there is so they can say, "oh, someone else denied them, wonder what's wrong?"
On the other hand, I wonder if the essay is actually an opportunity to say some more words? Or if the reason they jab it in there is so they can say, "oh, someone else denied them, wonder what's wrong?"
Why would you lie? No shame in being a reapplicant, and many schools ask about that even if you didn't apply there previously. If you're going to fill it out, just be honest.I'm a reapplicant, but didn't apply to Einstein last year. Would Einstein have any way to check that I applied to other schools last year if I just answered no on the secondary? I get that lying is a bad start to an application, but ffs, the nature of this secondary is making me question whether I would actually want to go to this school. "I have been subject to a disciplinary action and/or an administrative action, expunged or not, while in school Yes/No" - Is this even legal? They're either obstuse or directly stepping on the actual definition of the word expunged (obviously the latter).
On the other hand, I wonder if the essay is actually an opportunity to say some more words? Or if the reason they jab it in there is so they can say, "oh, someone else denied them, wonder what's wrong?"
I also feel like the disciplinary action question is pretty similar to what other schools ask for?...didn't stand out to me.
Can anybody with an II (or current student) shed some light on the student hosting request process? I can't seem to find any information on how to request a host, but the interview confirmation page says: "If you opt to spend the night in a hotel rather than with a student..."
I submitted on July 31 and I'm still not complete, is this normal?
I think you need to email admissions about thatCan anybody with an II (or current student) shed some light on the student hosting request process? I can't seem to find any information on how to request a host, but the interview confirmation page says: "If you opt to spend the night in a hotel rather than with a student..."
Yeah, I believe it is. The same thing happened last year. There didnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to itI submitted on July 31 and I'm still not complete, is this normal?
I submitted on July 31 and I'm still not complete, is this normal?
Not to say my experience makes it normal, but I submitted on 7/27, immediately received the "you have successfully completed the secondary" email, and since then, nothing. Still waiting to hear that my entire application is complete too.
is anyone requesting a special interest meeting? if so, did you request a time after the luncheon or before?
bit intimidating writing this email, like "hey u do cool stuff and i did less cool but similar stuff in undergrad so wanna hang???"
bit intimidating writing this email, like "hey u do cool stuff and i did less cool but similar stuff in undergrad so wanna hang???"

I submitted everything on July 28th, and I just got the complete email today. I'm sure it's coming for you!Not to say my experience makes it normal, but I submitted on 7/27, immediately received the "you have successfully completed the secondary" email, and since then, nothing. Still waiting to hear that my entire application is complete too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you sincerely mean that or no?This secondary was so much work.
lol what do you thinkdo you sincerely mean that or no?
I don't know what the secondary is so I have no idea! lolz. Tellllll meelol what do you think
Just a short list of questions, no essays
I got a complete email today after submitting my app a month ago.
Has anyone been successful with submitting LOR's that were not from your undergrad? For example, if after graduating, you continued to take post-bacc classes at a different college and obtained letters from faculty at that institution..
From their website:
"Applicants who have attended a school at which there is no Pre-Professional Advisory Committee must have at least two letters of recommendation from faculty members at that school."
I would think this would be difficult for a LOT of people, especially non-trads.
From their website:
"Applicants who have attended a school at which there is no Pre-Professional Advisory Committee must have at least two letters of recommendation from faculty members at that school."
I would think this would be difficult for a LOT of people, especially non-trads.
Is there a way to check your status? Like for under review, etc? When I log in all I can see is my completed application.
I don't think so. My application has been complete since 8/4, and I still haven't gotten the email....Is there a way to check your status? Like for under review, etc? When I log in all I can see is my completed application.
I don't think so. My application has been complete since 8/4, and I still haven't gotten the email....
Same. Was complete a day or two after you. So many people getting interviews way after I was complete, and I am just sitting here in radio silence. Einstein didnt even send a complete email and its middle of September....
Same. Was complete a day or two after you. So many people getting interviews way after I was complete, and I am just sitting here in radio silence. Einstein didnt even send a complete email and its middle of September....
Same boat
Yeah, I kind of want to contact them, but I think I recall that the people who tried to did not receive an overwhelmingly positive response.Same. Was complete a day or two after you. So many people getting interviews way after I was complete, and I am just sitting here in radio silence. Einstein didnt even send a complete email and its middle of September....
Yeah, I kind of want to contact them, but I think I recall that the people who tried to did not receive an overwhelmingly positive response.
Yeah, I am just going to wait until October. Then Ill start calling. I wish they had a more sophisticated portal system...they dont have anything that gives a remote hint of our status. Nothing is "complete" or "under consideration".
I definitely got a complete application email (7/27) but I'd love to know that it's under review. I guess it is?
FWIW I submitted last night, and got this email in response, immediately:
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Click here for a printable version of your application..
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Click here for a printable version of your application..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I got that one as well. I thought there was a separate "application complete" email that people were saying you are supposed to get as well, but I could be thinking of somewhere elseFWIW I submitted last night, and got this email in response, immediately:
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Click here for a printable version of your application..

Yeah I got that one as well. I thought there was a separate "application complete" email that people were saying you are supposed to get as well, but I could be thinking of somewhere else![]()
FWIW I submitted last night, and got this email in response, immediately:
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Click here for a printable version of your application..
There is DEFINITELY a second email from the admissions committee letting you know it is complete and under review... It took me over a month to receive it from them, though, and this is what it said:
"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
Thanks @MissKitty2868. Definitely still holding out for that one...
FWIW I submitted last night, and got this email in response, immediately:
You have successfully completed the Secondary Application.
Thank you for your interest in Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Click here for a printable version of your application..
Submitted late July and immediately got this message. Hadn't heard anything until today (~7 weeks later), when I got the official "your application is complete" email:
"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
Submitted late July and immediately got this message. Hadn't heard anything until today (~7 weeks later), when I got the official "your application is complete" email:
"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."
So I may not hear anything until November haha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K