2015-2016 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Officially withdrawing my acceptance here. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Somewhat random question: does Case Western or other med schools have TAs, or is that only a thing of the past in college? If not, who do the students go to for help?

Also, I heard that there are essentially no dining halls at Case. So where do people get to meet/know each other after classes? Do most go back to their apartment/library? In undergrad, the way to meet and get to know people (other than in bars of course) was in the dining halls.

Somewhat random question: does Case Western or other med schools have TAs, or is that only a thing of the past in college? If not, who do the students go to for help?

Also, I heard that there are essentially no dining halls at Case. So where do people get to meet/know each other after classes? Do most go back to their apartment/library? In undergrad, the way to meet and get to know people (other than in bars of course) was in the dining halls.
Wait... Do other med schools have dining halls? I've never heard of such a thing.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

"Todo, I don't think we are in undergrad anymore" ---Dorthy from Wizard of Oz

Reactions: 4 users
What are most people planning on doing for computers? Do you think most people are going to buy through Case or try the bring-your-own program (which I wish they would provide more info about soon)? I also assume that if you purchase through Case that it simply gets billed into your financial aid award?
I'm gonna buy one of the new Apple MacBooks pros once they get updated in June or so

Well guys, I officially withdrew my acceptance. Wishing you all the best of luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew! Good luck. Willing this spot to @Lannister lol if she still wants it :p

such a tough decision, but I accepted Case and turned down Dartmouth. See you all in July!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, am I correct in understanding AOA at Case happens after match applications go in ?

Waitlist is moving, folks!!

By the way, am I correct in understanding AOA at Case happens after match applications go in ?
Does that mean residency apps won't have an AOA distinction? So we don't have to worry about making AOA for the purposes of residency at all? Would also love an answer to this!

Did you check your iApply? It seems changes are made there before you get an email. At least thats what happened back when I was placed on hold

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just did, thanks...not there. I wasn't expecting it to be, though, because WL things were all handled outside of iApply, and the phone call mentioned an email from the same person/address as handled the WL information. It will come; this is certainly less stressful than the prior waits, haha! I'm just hoping it has some info on ways to talk to other accepted students so I can work out housing. They start early :/

Just did, thanks...not there. I wasn't expecting it to be, though, because WL things were all handled outside of iApply, and the phone call mentioned an email from the same person/address as handled the WL information. It will come; this is certainly less stressful than the prior waits, haha! I'm just hoping it has some info on ways to talk to other accepted students so I can work out housing. They start early :/

Check out the Facebook page. You can either ask to join or PM me (or anyone else in the group) if you want to be added directly. There are tons of housing posts on it.

Check out the Facebook page. You can either ask to join or PM me (or anyone else in the group) if you want to be added directly. There are tons of housing posts on it.
Thanks so much! I searched this thread AND Facebook for it but it never showed up. You're a lifesaver!

Wouldnt it be a good thing to put AOA on your app? I guess regardless it doesn't matter at Case, just look at their match list!

I mean I was thinking that if they don't need that distinguishing factor on their app it would be a positive . Pretty sure Yale and HMS don't do AOA either.

@mehc012 and @darkamgine do you guys mind passing along if other people have posted in the group saying they got in off the waitlist? I wonder how many in addition to @mehc012 heard good news today?

Hmm, I see that 4 new people joined the FB group today (which is more than normal). I would say that is some indication of the waitlist movement. Not sure if there is a better indicator since it could be accepted people just joining the group now (although it seems pretty late to do that).

@mehc012 and @darkamgine do you guys mind passing along if other people have posted in the group saying they got in off the waitlist? I wonder how many in addition to @mehc012 heard good news today?
Dont try to gauge how many people got in and how many spots may be left. That just fuels the stress. Last year when I was on waitlists I stressed myself out trying to figure out my chances. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about how many people get off the waitlist every year?

Got off the waitlist yesterday morning good luck to everyone else!

Come on Case... Don't make me send you another love letter!! Congrats to those called off the waitlist!

Congrats to those that have been accepted from the waitlist! Meanwhile I am in Miami hoping to get that call as well. A girl can dream:love:

Got the call for UT earlier today!! Waitlist is moving!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call today as well!! Best of luck to all of you!

Just got the call this morning! Good luck to everybody!

Anyone know where we can access an M1 schedule of sorts?
If you're in, the accepted page has a detailed schedule with dates under the 'Documents and Resources' section.

Just received an email asking if Case was still my first choice? Is this the kind of thing they send to everyone on the waitlist.

I didn't get one :(

But I also don't have any acceptances either...
The email started with something like, "Although many of you have acceptances to other schools". So that could be why you didn't get the email.

Just received an email asking if Case was still my first choice? Is this the kind of thing they send to everyone on the waitlist.
Hi guys!
Current Case student here (rising M2). Just thought I'd mention that I got in off the waitlist last year around this time after responding to an email of this sort. So if you're seriously considering Case, I recommend responding enthusiastically!
I got in about a month before classes started, but some people in my class were pulled just a week or two before. So chin up!
And I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the school! Good luck everyone!

Hi guys!
Current Case student here (rising M2). Just thought I'd mention that I got in off the waitlist last year around this time after responding to an email of this sort. So if you're seriously considering Case, I recommend responding enthusiastically!
I got in about a month before classes started, but some people in my class were pulled just a week or two before. So chin up!
And I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the school! Good luck everyone!
Do you think it's a bad sign that I didn't get the email?