2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how much movement there is on the alternate list before April 30th? If there is any? I vaguely remember someone saying that there is a little bit of movement before April 30th. And historically, do we have any numbers for how many students are accepted off the alternate list each year? If it wasn’t obvious, I’m trying to cope with everything and maintain my sanity while I wait 🥲🫠

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who've been to second look already, what did you wear/what were people wearing? Ik the email said casual but I wasn't sure how casual lol. Like does this mean jeans or more in the business casual direction?

For people who've been to second look already, what did you wear/what were people wearing? Ik the email said casual but I wasn't sure how casual lol. Like does this mean jeans or more in the business casual direction?
I’m going to dress more business casual but emphasis on the casual. Nothing too formal 🙂

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone went for a second look on Saturday ? Just want to know the general vibe check students , program , city etc

Does anyone know how much movement there is on the alternate list before April 30th? If there is any? I vaguely remember someone saying that there is a little bit of movement before April 30th. And historically, do we have any numbers for how many students are accepted off the alternate list each year? If it wasn’t obvious, I’m trying to cope with everything and maintain my sanity while I wait 🥲🫠
Hi McLovin - (I love that, btw). It's always hard to tell when and how we'll be going to our alternate list. Historically, though most medical schools really don't start hitting their alt lists until the decision day or after. Of note, this year's decision day is Monday, May 1 since April 30th falls on a weekend. I've noticed that some med schools have already not recognized this and are requesting decisions on or before April 30th. So don't be surprised if there is action before April 30th and much more into the first week of May - I'm talking globally, not just CWRU.
Taken from the CYMS site: AMCAS® Choose Your Medical School Tool

1680011884225.png

Reactions: 1 users
Hi McLovin - (I love that, btw). It's always hard to tell when and how we'll be going to our alternate list. Historically, though most medical schools really don't start hitting their alt lists until the decision day or after. Of note, this year's decision day is Monday, May 1 since April 30th falls on a weekend. I've noticed that some med schools have already not recognized this and are requesting decisions on or before April 30th. So don't be surprised if there is action before April 30th and much more into the first week of May - I'm talking globally, not just CWRU.
Taken from the CYMS site: AMCAS® Choose Your Medical School Tool

View attachment 368523
Thank you so much! Here’s hoping there’s some alternate list movement this year 😭

Anyone receive news on financial aid packages yet?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know for students that are accepted off the waitlist, would we be notified by phone call and/or email?

How good are the need-based packages? Deciding if it's worth waiting for WL movement.... PM me if you want to keep it confidential! Much appreciated 🙏

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my A - hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Same here, unfortunately. Case is really great but man when I heard that the aid can be underwhelming, I hoped that wouldn't be the case for me.
Those hololens headsets aren't cheap. Guess I'll set expectations to zero but will be happy to know for sure this week. It'll be 100k more
than 2nd choice but believe that's minor in the long term picture.

I got almost full tuition need based aid, which I thought was pretty good.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
My need-based aid was about 3/4 of tuition, which sounds good to me intuitively. I also don't have other aid packages to compare with yet.

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone have insights on if you can negotiate aid here at Case or is it a bit less lenient

Ended up withdrawing today, hoping I can help someone out on the WL!

alt list update email.... looks like final correspondence before they reject or accept in the next months

alt list update email.... looks like final correspondence before they reject or accept in the next months
Why torture people like so lol. I saw that email notification and my heart almost jumped out of my throat…until I saw it’s content

Aaaaa got into the MSTP program right now

• Love
Congrats!! hoping I get some love soon :sick:

@CWRU.Sman
Hi, I was wondering if you can provide any insight on whether Admissions plans to make another wave of acceptances (multiple at once) off of the waitlist soon to fill up the class or will acceptances be offered individually now based on acceptees declining CTE due to them being accepted off of others schools' waitlists. Sorry in advance if this seems like an anxious question. I am soon approaching my deadline to withdraw my waitlist (within 2 weeks) due to another’s school commit policies.

Anyone can confirm if the first day that we need to be present at the school is July 5th or 10th or 11th? I’m so confused lol, seeing different dates all over places

Anyone can confirm if the first day that we need to be present at the school is July 5th or 10th or 11th? I’m so confused lol, seeing different dates all over places
Via Accepted Central: If you’re in the University Program or CCLCM, the first day is July 10th. If you’re in the MSTP, the first day is July 6th

Hey guys! i actually got into medical school!! Can't wait to see u guys soon!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got in off the WL earlier today!!! So excited, it’s truly a dream come true :,)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
@CWRU.Sman
Hi, I was wondering if you can provide any insight on whether Admissions plans to make another wave of acceptances (multiple at once) off of the waitlist soon to fill up the class or will acceptances be offered individually now based on acceptees declining CTE due to them being accepted off of others schools' waitlists. Sorry in advance if this seems like an anxious question. I am soon approaching my deadline to withdraw my waitlist (within 2 weeks) due to another’s school commit policies.
We're continuing to monitor our class as the ground continues to shift slightly everyday. It can be a slow roll because as students on our roster receive an additional acceptance they also get a week or two to make a decision so we have to either wait it out or try and predict how we think things will go and then decide if we should make more acceptances without overshooting our target.

I can't believe I get to say this, I got an acceptance call this morning. CWRU is in my hometown and where I went to undergrad so I am super excited for the next four years here!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
@CWRU.Sman Hello and thank you for all your help! Is it looking like there could be any more movement this cycle now that May is coming to a close? Does CWRU generally see any movement in June at all?