2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
zoom liiINKK?!???!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Zoom link here too woah, right after a post-II R. Asking this question again, is this either A or R?

Congrats to everyone receiving the link! Will they only send out waitlists/rejections several days later?

Damn. For everyone receiving the link when did you interview? What day is it for?

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone who got a zoom link interview on 1/9? might be doxxing myself here, but i’m just curious if i missed out on the zoom link wave or if there’s still hope

I gotchu. Complete 10/21, II 01/04 (for 01/26), LOI+update sent 02/01, link today for tomorrow

Thank you. I interviewed 1/9 so I guess that’s it. The interview invite felt too good to be true. This has been my dream school for years.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I interviewed 1/9 so I guess that’s it. The interview invite felt too good to be true. This has been my dream school for years.
Hey listen, I had the same experience with UPitt and got a post-II R on Friday. Keep your head up. If waitlisted, you still have a shot!

I guess that is also it for me too. No zoom link and last minute interview invite sometime mid-Jan. Also felt too good to be true (one of my top choices between another school) and now have to decide on a letter of intent based on what happens tomorrow :(

I guess that is also it for me too. No zoom link and last minute interview invite sometime mid-Jan. Also felt too good to be true (one of my top choices between another school) and now have to decide on a letter of intent based on what happens tomorrow :(
Right there with you. Easily my top choice... Also local for me :(

• Care
Just want to make sure I'm not getting my hopes up, but is this the zoom link?

Dear XXX,

I realize that this is short notice, but we would like to invite you to a brief check-in session XXX, XXX. Based on some recent events, we wanted to bring you together to discuss a few new updates at our school. If you can’t make it, we completely understand and will also send out the updates via email later in the day.

No need to dress up - come as you are!

We hope to see you again on Wednesday!

All the best,

Dr. Lina Mehta

Associate Dean for Admissions
Was there a Zoom link in the email? :)

• Haha
Yes, there was a Zoom link in the email. This means it is an Acceptance right? Just want some confirmation, cus it feel like a dream rn.
I would assume Zoom link = Zoom link.

Thanks! Sorry if I came off as neurotic. It's been hard the past few years, just want to make sure before I tell my partner and parents about this.
lol I told my parents that I MIGHT get my first A, emphasis on MIGHT.

• Haha
🥲🥲🥲 damn here i was randomly checking it in a tuesday and realizing i’m prob WL’d rip

Does anyone else who was supposed to hear back but didn’t get zoom link see Case in their CYMS tool? I’m thinking it probably hasn’t updated yet but there’s also a chance I’m rejected and not wait listed…

Oh no....I didn't get a zoom link. This is the biggest disappointment of my year honestly

• Care
Does Case provide feedback for applicants who interviewed but didn't get in anywhere? Lol grasping at straws at this point.

Does Case accept any waitlisted candidates in March or do we all have to wait until April/May?

alternate/WL email just now

• Care
Does Case accept any waitlisted candidates in March or do we all have to wait until April/May?
email says after may 1st is when most of their wl movement occurs, but occasionally they do a few before then

alt list email an hour ish ago (11am ish PST) rip lmao

• Care
My email doesnt say any dates...? Are there different WL emails?
nah sorry i wrote the comment wrong. the info wasnt in the email, it was on the iapply portal!

Alternate list email today. Decently bummed but "guess what? I'm on a buffalo!"

Reactions: 4 users
just withdrew my A here - I hope it goes to someone still waiting! <3

Reactions: 3 users
Have any other accepted students submitted their financial aid application materials, but all their documents still say "Not Reviewed"? I uploaded mine 3+ weeks ago but my application still isn't considered "complete"... not sure if I should be worried or if the financial aid office just hasn't started reviewing any docs yet. Thanks!!

Have any other accepted students submitted their financial aid application materials, but all their documents still say "Not Reviewed"? I uploaded mine 3+ weeks ago but my application still isn't considered "complete"... not sure if I should be worried or if the financial aid office just hasn't started reviewing any docs yet. Thanks!!
Received an email upon submission of all required materials stating that financial aid award packages would be sent out in early March

I would follow up, I have had mine all reviewed or complete and received an explicit email that I am complete where it says "This email is to serve as notification that the School of Medicine Office of Financial Aid office has received all of the required materials for your financial aid application."

Received an email upon submission of all required materials stating that financial aid award packages would be sent out in early March
I would follow up, I have had mine all reviewed or complete and received an explicit email that I am complete where it says "This email is to serve as notification that the School of Medicine Office of Financial Aid office has received all of the required materials for your financial aid application."

Hmm thank you both, I'll definitely reach out! Just to confirm, we only have to submit what's listed in My Financial Aid under "Your Documents" right? I currently have 7 things listed there (including FAFSA, CSS, etc.), and I haven't received any additional document requests. Besides submitting those documents, is there anything else left to do on our side?

Hmm thank you both, I'll definitely reach out! Just to confirm, we only have to submit what's listed in My Financial Aid under "Your Documents" right? I currently have 7 things listed there (including FAFSA, CSS, etc.), and I haven't received any additional document requests. Besides submitting those documents, is there anything else left to do on our side?
I have 7 things as well, including w-2 and tax forms and they all say either received or approved and the date next to it.

Do decisions for WL/R post-II for MSTP come out at the same time as the MD-only applicants? Curious since I haven't received any information yet, but I also interviewed late (mid-Feb)...

When in doubt, just send a note to our financial aid team at [email protected]. Give them a couple days to respond as the team is at a financial aid conference until later in the week.

Do decisions for WL/R post-II for MSTP come out at the same time as the MD-only applicants? Curious since I haven't received any information yet, but I also interviewed late (mid-Feb)...
Hi - MSTP decisions are separate from MD-only decisions so just hang there a little bit. They actually have a subcommittee meeting today so it shouldn't be much longer.

@CWRU.Sman Any idea when aid packages are coming out?
In the next few weeks. Our team is just waiting to receive some figures from the central university. Which means we can't can complete our cost of attendance budget and create financial aid packages until we have all of the numbers. Don't worry, they are as anxious as you are to get things rolling.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi - MSTP decisions are separate from MD-only decisions so just hang there a little bit. They actually have a subcommittee meeting today so it shouldn't be much longer.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Friend doesn't have SDN, wants me to inform that they are withdrawing their acceptance bc they got into Harvard today!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Got a large-ish envelope from Case today. I know it was pointless to hope, but I am on the WL and still got a little bit excited. It was just a giving Tuesday request to donate money because I've donated in the past😭

• Care
Does anyone know if Case would consider matching financial aid packages from other schools?
Since we use a methodology to determine need-based eligibility, we do not match other offers. It just wouldn't be equitable if we started going down the road of matching some offers and not others.

Reactions: 5 users