You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Case Western
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone receiving the link! Will they only send out waitlists/rejections several days later?
Damn. For everyone receiving the link when did you interview? What day is it for?
luhsagnuh
Full Member
I gotchu. Complete 10/21, II 01/04 (for 01/26), LOI+update sent 02/01, link today for tomorrowDamn. For everyone receiving the link when did you interview? What day is it for?
I gotchu. Complete 10/21, II 01/04 (for 01/26), LOI+update sent 02/01, link today for tomorrow
Thank you. I interviewed 1/9 so I guess that’s it. The interview invite felt too good to be true. This has been my dream school for years.
Complete 8/5, interviewed on 01/12, no LOI or update sent. Zoom meeting is scheduled for tomorrow!Damn. For everyone receiving the link when did you interview? What day is it for?
lilypad1511
Full Member
Zoom link as well!!! Complete mid-September, interviewed 1/26
luhsagnuh
Full Member
Hey listen, I had the same experience with UPitt and got a post-II R on Friday. Keep your head up. If waitlisted, you still have a shot!Thank you. I interviewed 1/9 so I guess that’s it. The interview invite felt too good to be true. This has been my dream school for years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right there with you. Easily my top choice... Also local for me 🙁I guess that is also it for me too. No zoom link and last minute interview invite sometime mid-Jan. Also felt too good to be true (one of my top choices between another school) and now have to decide on a letter of intent based on what happens tomorrow 🙁
Mike1243
New Member
Was there a Zoom link in the email? 🙂Just want to make sure I'm not getting my hopes up, but is this the zoom link?
Dear XXX,
I realize that this is short notice, but we would like to invite you to a brief check-in session XXX, XXX. Based on some recent events, we wanted to bring you together to discuss a few new updates at our school. If you can’t make it, we completely understand and will also send out the updates via email later in the day.
No need to dress up - come as you are!
We hope to see you again on Wednesday!
All the best,
Dr. Lina Mehta
Associate Dean for Admissions
Mike1243
New Member
I would assume Zoom link = Zoom link.Yes, there was a Zoom link in the email. This means it is an Acceptance right? Just want some confirmation, cus it feel like a dream rn.
luhsagnuh
Full Member
lol I told my parents that I MIGHT get my first A, emphasis on MIGHT.Thanks! Sorry if I came off as neurotic. It's been hard the past few years, just want to make sure before I tell my partner and parents about this.
Oh no....I didn't get a zoom link. This is the biggest disappointment of my year honestly
Does Case provide feedback for applicants who interviewed but didn't get in anywhere? Lol grasping at straws at this point.
email says after may 1st is when most of their wl movement occurs, but occasionally they do a few before thenDoes Case accept any waitlisted candidates in March or do we all have to wait until April/May?
My email doesnt say any dates...? Are there different WL emails?email says after may 1st is when most of their wl movement occurs, but occasionally they do a few before then
nah sorry i wrote the comment wrong. the info wasnt in the email, it was on the iapply portal!My email doesnt say any dates...? Are there different WL emails?
Guy On A Buffalo
Full Member
Alternate list email today. Decently bummed but "guess what? I'm on a buffalo!"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just withdrew my A here - I hope it goes to someone still waiting! <3
May I ask which school you chose over Case?just withdrew my A here - I hope it goes to someone still waiting! <3
Looks like Chicago/Northwestern/Michigan from their posts, impressiveMay I ask which school you chose over Case?
Very impressive indeed👍Looks like Chicago/Northwestern/Michigan from their posts, impressive
Have any other accepted students submitted their financial aid application materials, but all their documents still say "Not Reviewed"? I uploaded mine 3+ weeks ago but my application still isn't considered "complete"... not sure if I should be worried or if the financial aid office just hasn't started reviewing any docs yet. Thanks!!
Received an email upon submission of all required materials stating that financial aid award packages would be sent out in early MarchHave any other accepted students submitted their financial aid application materials, but all their documents still say "Not Reviewed"? I uploaded mine 3+ weeks ago but my application still isn't considered "complete"... not sure if I should be worried or if the financial aid office just hasn't started reviewing any docs yet. Thanks!!
I would follow up, I have had mine all reviewed or complete and received an explicit email that I am complete where it says "This email is to serve as notification that the School of Medicine Office of Financial Aid office has received all of the required materials for your financial aid application."Have any other accepted students submitted their financial aid application materials, but all their documents still say "Not Reviewed"? I uploaded mine 3+ weeks ago but my application still isn't considered "complete"... not sure if I should be worried or if the financial aid office just hasn't started reviewing any docs yet. Thanks!!
Received an email upon submission of all required materials stating that financial aid award packages would be sent out in early March
I would follow up, I have had mine all reviewed or complete and received an explicit email that I am complete where it says "This email is to serve as notification that the School of Medicine Office of Financial Aid office has received all of the required materials for your financial aid application."
Hmm thank you both, I'll definitely reach out! Just to confirm, we only have to submit what's listed in My Financial Aid under "Your Documents" right? I currently have 7 things listed there (including FAFSA, CSS, etc.), and I haven't received any additional document requests. Besides submitting those documents, is there anything else left to do on our side?
I have 7 things as well, including w-2 and tax forms and they all say either received or approved and the date next to it.Hmm thank you both, I'll definitely reach out! Just to confirm, we only have to submit what's listed in My Financial Aid under "Your Documents" right? I currently have 7 things listed there (including FAFSA, CSS, etc.), and I haven't received any additional document requests. Besides submitting those documents, is there anything else left to do on our side?
When in doubt, just send a note to our financial aid team at [email protected]. Give them a couple days to respond as the team is at a financial aid conference until later in the week.Hmm thank you both, I'll definitely reach out! Just to confirm, we only have to submit what's listed in My Financial Aid under "Your Documents" right? I currently have 7 things listed there (including FAFSA, CSS, etc.), and I haven't received any additional document requests. Besides submitting those documents, is there anything else left to do on our side?
Hi - MSTP decisions are separate from MD-only decisions so just hang there a little bit. They actually have a subcommittee meeting today so it shouldn't be much longer.Do decisions for WL/R post-II for MSTP come out at the same time as the MD-only applicants? Curious since I haven't received any information yet, but I also interviewed late (mid-Feb)...
Is alt list ranked at Case?
orangeoctopus39
Full Member
@CWRU.Sman Any idea when aid packages are coming out?
In the next few weeks. Our team is just waiting to receive some figures from the central university. Which means we can't can complete our cost of attendance budget and create financial aid packages until we have all of the numbers. Don't worry, they are as anxious as you are to get things rolling.@CWRU.Sman Any idea when aid packages are coming out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.Hi - MSTP decisions are separate from MD-only decisions so just hang there a little bit. They actually have a subcommittee meeting today so it shouldn't be much longer.
Friend doesn't have SDN, wants me to inform that they are withdrawing their acceptance bc they got into Harvard today!
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
Got a large-ish envelope from Case today. I know it was pointless to hope, but I am on the WL and still got a little bit excited. It was just a giving Tuesday request to donate money because I've donated in the past😭
when are we expecting financial aid decisions?
Since we use a methodology to determine need-based eligibility, we do not match other offers. It just wouldn't be equitable if we started going down the road of matching some offers and not others.Does anyone know if Case would consider matching financial aid packages from other schools?