2015-2016 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How were you notified? I applied to their MD/PhD in August and still haven't heard.

I got an email from them around the 20th or so last month saying that I was rejected from their MD/PhD, but inviting me to consider MD only and to reply swiftly if I was still interested in Geisel's MD only program.

I was complete late August - things should be looking good for you if you haven't received bad news!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for this! Interviewed early in September without a word since =)

Yeah the admissions office told me about people like you who have been under consideration since September which is just a savage amount of time to keep you waiting, I don't care how good the program is. Guess I can't complain about my waiting since November. Not relishing the prospect of waiting till April (when WLs and non-WL rejections are released). Wears on you after a while
 
Yeah the admissions office told me about people like you who have been under consideration since September which is just a savage amount of time to keep you waiting, I don't care how good the program is. Guess I can't complain about my waiting since November. Not relishing the prospect of waiting till April (when WLs and non-WL rejections are released). Wears on you after a while
"People like you" :laugh: haha yes it's been a longggg wait. Thankfully other schools have been a bit more communicative to keep me distracted! Good luck to you
 
Yeah the admissions office told me about people like you who have been under consideration since September which is just a savage amount of time to keep you waiting, I don't care how good the program is. Guess I can't complain about my waiting since November. Not relishing the prospect of waiting till April (when WLs and non-WL rejections are released). Wears on you after a while

"people like you' = me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah the admissions office told me about people like you who have been under consideration since September which is just a savage amount of time to keep you waiting, I don't care how good the program is. Guess I can't complain about my waiting since November. Not relishing the prospect of waiting till April (when WLs and non-WL rejections are released). Wears on you after a while

"people like you' = me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also received an II late last night! Complete late July. If I was going to send an update letter, should I just wait and give updates in person on my interview day at the end of the month?
Yeah I would wait and give updates then. You have two 30-40 minute interviews, so you can stick updates in somewhere during that time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad