2022-2023 Dartmouth (Geisel)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for people waitlisted - do you guys plan to visit the school or tour? I know second look with probably be reserved for admitted students but do you think it would be possible to tour while on waitlist since we will most likely not get acceptance call (if lucky enough!) until we only have 24 hours to decide in June
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted today, Interviewed in January.

By my count, we're at 15 WLs just from today (not sure how many before), so I wish you all the best of luck whether you accept or decline the waitlist spot.

@RyeInTheCatcher I hear you, and I think that part of the reason why I/others are maybe not as sad as we might otherwise be about waitlist at Dartmouth is because I got the sense that the admissions folks are really compassionate, welcoming, and help make Dartmouth the tight-knit community it almost has to be. Getting the chance to go to the school (even small) is still something worth celebrating/acknowledging. I hope it works out for all us and we have a record WL-to-A conversion year!
 
for people waitlisted - do you guys plan to visit the school or tour? I know second look with probably be reserved for admitted students but do you think it would be possible to tour while on waitlist since we will most likely not get acceptance call (if lucky enough!) until we only have 24 hours to decide in June
Is this something that is typical or advisable? I'm technically driving distance from Dartmouth so if this is a thing that happens, I would consider it!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 3/2 and have not heard back yet. Does this mean I should just be expecting a R email soon if I haven't gotten a WL notification yet?