2022-2023 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how this school handles early interviews that still haven't heard back yet (August)? Most likely WL or dragged out rejection?
WL or R are what I would put my money on

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
holding out hope for the early interview late march A based solely on the principle of “saving the best for last” which i personally use quite often except for food

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we thinking we will hear back this Friday or no since it is match day? I’m just a wee August interviewer whose been waiting a long 7 months, and I hope we don’t have to wait another week lol

Are we thinking we will hear back this Friday or no since it is match day? I’m just a wee August interviewer whose been waiting a long 7 months, and I hope we don’t have to wait another week lol
In my interview in late Feb, they told me anywhere between mid-March and early April. So, could be both :')

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there is affordable housing in Hanover that is walking distance (10-25 min) from Geisel?

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a post II R this morning through email. Interviewed 2/23. Sending good luck to everyone else this cycle. Geisel seemed like a great school

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got a post II R this morning through email. Interviewed 2/23. Sending good luck to everyone else this cycle. Geisel seemed like a great school
You will go where you are meant to be - take care of yourself today! :)

Just got WL through email. Does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like here?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many people end up on the waitlist? I'm not sure if there are MSAR stats for this?

WL! Interviewed 2/16...honored is a word that doesn't do justice to describe my feelings

Reactions: 1 user
also WL from feb!

does anyone know how many people are in the admitted facebook group?

for people waitlisted - do you guys plan to visit the school or tour? I know second look with probably be reserved for admitted students but do you think it would be possible to tour while on waitlist since we will most likely not get acceptance call (if lucky enough!) until we only have 24 hours to decide in June

• Hmm
these are the happiest I've seen people been at a WL. congrats to y'all! hope to get one of my own some day

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
these are the happiest I've seen people been at a WL. congrats to y'all! hope to get one of my own so
i also haven’t heard back from my October interview yet. It’s ok if it’s a rejection Geisel just lmk please 🥹

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also waitlisted, does this school see a lot of waitlist movement / waitlist a small number if people? Seems strange that so many ppl are happy to be WLed, have not seen that on other school threads.

Just painfully waiting for that R email. Let me down hard Darty

• Care
Waitlisted today, Interviewed in January.

By my count, we're at 15 WLs just from today (not sure how many before), so I wish you all the best of luck whether you accept or decline the waitlist spot.

@RyeInTheCatcher I hear you, and I think that part of the reason why I/others are maybe not as sad as we might otherwise be about waitlist at Dartmouth is because I got the sense that the admissions folks are really compassionate, welcoming, and help make Dartmouth the tight-knit community it almost has to be. Getting the chance to go to the school (even small) is still something worth celebrating/acknowledging. I hope it works out for all us and we have a record WL-to-A conversion year!

for people waitlisted - do you guys plan to visit the school or tour? I know second look with probably be reserved for admitted students but do you think it would be possible to tour while on waitlist since we will most likely not get acceptance call (if lucky enough!) until we only have 24 hours to decide in June
Is this something that is typical or advisable? I'm technically driving distance from Dartmouth so if this is a thing that happens, I would consider it!!

I interviewed on 3/2 and have not heard back yet. Does this mean I should just be expecting a R email soon if I haven't gotten a WL notification yet?

I interviewed on 3/2 and have not heard back yet. Does this mean I should just be expecting a R email soon if I haven't gotten a WL notification yet?
I think that’s recent enough that you can still be in play for all options A/WL/R