2022-2023 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The unexpected A! Interviewed in December.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Received the A today morning! Interviewed on 3/2. Unbelievably excited.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
still nothing since dec interview...i feel like atp they would've just given me an R so im hopeful theyre teetering between WL and A

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
still nothing since dec interview...i feel like atp they would've just given me an R so im hopeful theyre teetering between WL and A
I feel you.. waiting since sep and slowly losing it :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed in September and haven’t heard anything…. Good? Bad? Who knows. Stressful though, thats for sure

• Care
Well, seems like Darrmouth heard me. Finally, after 6.5 months, got that WL. I was positive I had an R with my name on it, so I’m ecstatic, especially given their decent track record lately. Hope to see yall in NH in a few months!

Reactions: 3 users
Also got the WL just now!! It has been 7 months of pain but I'm happy :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got waitlisted today! Honestly relieved. Interviewed in Dec with an update in either jan or Feb. good luck to everyone still waiting! Hang in there friends!

Reactions: 1 user
waitlisted! Interviewed in October and thought it was an R. Best of luck all :)

its good news that we all are WL. But do they WL the entire class size. How many do the WL move? Any idea anyone, from previous years?

They took 34 people off the waitlist but the waitlist was only 10-30 people? Can someone clarify this?

Last edited:
  • Hmm
The unexpected A! Interviewed in December.

Withdrew my A. I expected the WL after not hearing back in January so I had already mentally prepared to not go to Geisel and put my mind towards other schools. Figured there was no point in doing all the financial aid steps (physically signed tax returns for me and my parents, really?).

Good luck y'all!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone understand what they’re saying in the WL follow up email today

Does anyone understand what they’re saying in the WL follow up email today
The way I interpreted it, they're asking you to send a letter of interest or intent if you really want to go there / if it is your top school, respectively. They are also probably nudging people to withdraw from the WL if they don't think they'll go. Anyone else correct me if I am wrong!

Was sadly WL a few weeks ago… I got the WL interest email today and I’m wondering how many people they usually put on the WL each year. I was under the impression that it was a rather small WL (<50 people), based off the numbers reported on MSAR. It seems like a lot of people on here were WL too… so I’m wondering, does anyone have a rough idea of the WL size, and do a lot of people just withdraw from the WL?? I’m not getting my hopes up, but it would be nice to know if there’s some chance of movement. I’m not expecting anything until May, but I’m also trying to determine whether I should just move forward with the A I have at another school at this point. Does anyone know if their WL movement is mostly throughout May, or do they usually have a lot of movement going into June as well?
I don't have a formal answer from Dartmouth so someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this!

Based on scoping out prior year SDN threads, they roughly hand out WL to 1/3 of their interviewees, which in last year's case would be around 194 (and the year prior, 228) individuals. Now, not everyone will accept the offer to remain on the WL but a very good portion will. I personally interpret the numbers they report on MSAR (10-30, and 34) being the range of how many they typically accept off of the waitlist over the years, and then last year's specific numbers, respectively. But that's just me spitballing and trying to make sense of a number reported outside of their own range.

What I know for certain is that the WL is definitely larger than 50 people given the amount of WL's consistently reported on SDN (some years it was above 30 reported WLs), on top of the fact that not everyone is sharing their status on SDN.
Another thing I know for certain is that in the past they've reported their WL not moving at all (by a few applicants), to large movements such as 30ish offers (which is HUGE given their class of 92 people, even if not all 30 accept).

Regarding the movement - most of it is in mid-May/early June (going solely off of prior SDN threads). They've shared this year that's when WL'd applicants should expect a possible first answer by so I won't expect anything before mid-May and then you'll need to let the domino play out throughout June. Hope this helps!

TLDR; I personally would guesstimate 10-30 people are called off of a ~200 person WL. WL begins to move in mid-May.

Edit - Latest SDN reported call off of WL last cycle was June 16th.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Geisel Scholarship is merit-based or need-based? Thanks!

Does anyone know how many are in the admitted students group me or Facebook page ? Also did anyone get their WL rank? Hoping to get in

92 seats and 160 still on admitted students group me..What are the chances of waitlist moving? . Hope it was the same way last year and we get some solid waitlist movement

Just curious, will ppl leave the admitted students group even if they withdraw their offers?

Just curious, will ppl leave the admitted students group even if they withdraw their offers?
they should at some point

some are lazy or like to gossip like me so they are still there

they should at some point

some are lazy or like to gossip like me so they are still there
That's what I'm thinking! Also, I think there will be a GroupMe for students who commit to enrollment... just noticed that from the prior year's post.

Is there any expectation on Waitlist movement this year? Its nerve wracking at this point.

I feel like there should be! I know that myself and at least one other person I was talking to declined our acceptances Monday

I feel like there should be! I know that myself and at least one other person I was talking to declined our acceptances Monday

Thanks for your consideration about all the people waiting.
Good Luck to you.

Also do u know if the class is close to be full at this time? admitted candidates know more than the waitlisted ones...

I got a call from someone from the admissions committee saying that they will be meeting soon and whether there is a "good time to call". Now sure if they call everyone or this is a good sign

Reactions: 5 users
I got a call from someone from the admissions committee saying that they will be meeting soon and whether there is a "good time to call". Now sure if they call everyone or this is a good sign
Did you send a letter of intent?

Sounds like a good sign! I’m on the waitlist and didn’t receive such a call…

Best of luck!!

I just got that call with the same question!

People who have been getting calls from them - could you pm me and let me know what number they called from? I just got a call from a 603 number (I am from NH so I know that is the area code) but I am abroad and the call failed and it's weirdly not listed under my history... however, I remember a few digits of the number. I would just like to see if it could have been Dartmouth. Thanks so much!

Sorry this is really neurotic of me , but for those who received a call: did you indicate you would be out of reach or away for some time? It’s kinda strange to call about a good time to call?

Sorry this is really neurotic of me , but for those who received a call: did you indicate you would be out of reach or away for some time? It’s kinda strange to call about a good time to call?
I basically said my schedule is super variable, so no preference or specific restrictions. But I'd do my best to answer at any time or I'd give a call back at the first opportunity. I think they are just trying to be respectful of sleep schedules or worklife to the max extent that they can offer

Was the call from someone in the admissions committee or coordinator?