You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I didn't check my status since I submitted the secondary, so I'm not sure :/
Would you and others who got II's mind sharing stats? Thanks 🙂
3.6c/3.5s/32 (top 10 undergrad if that makes a difference)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II !! 3.5 GPA/31 MCAT- submitted on 7/2/15 (no previous hold)
II date set for August! Anyone else?!
Any previously interviewed students have some tips for us???
Possibly a description of the interview day?
II date set for August! Anyone else?!
Any previously interviewed students have some tips for us???
Possibly a description of the interview day?
Hi there,Good luck to everyone applying!
- Have you ever been convicted of, plead guilty, or plead no lo contendere (i.e., no contest, I do not wish to contend) to a criminal offense? Have you ever been arrested for a felony or misdemeanor? If yes, please provide a description here: (500 characters)
- Did you indicate that you were the recipient of any institutional action on your AMCAS application? If yes, please provide a description here: (500 characters)
- Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) for the 2015-2016 application cycle, or from the point of application through matriculation in 2016. (750 characters)
- What is your most meaningful community service experience to date? (350 characters)
- What is your most meaningful clinical experience to date, involving direct patient contact? (350 characters)
- What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW? (1000 characters)
- What is your specific interest in the MD Program at GW? What opportunities would you take advantage of as a student here? Why? (2000 characters)
![]()
On the two most meaningful what if I already talked about it in the AMCAS app??
II! Submitted secondary 7/2; interview date 8/28. Previous hold. 3.69cGPA/3.54sGPA/34MCAT, nontrad.
Did anyone else submit super early (July 1/2) and still isn't even on hold?!
Submitted 7/6, put on hold late last week, and no news yet.
Congratulations to all who have received II's so far, and best of luck to all of us still waiting! Hopefully GW will release more invites in the coming days.
Congratulations to all who have received II's so far, and best of luck to all of us still waiting! Hopefully GW will release more invites in the coming days.
cGPA (Undergrad): 3.72, (121 credit hours), Grad cGPA: 4.0 (20.8 credit hours so far), MCAT: 31 (So LizzyM around 68), OOS, non-trad applicant
Submitted secondary: 7/7/2015
Status: Originally no change, just changed to "On Hold" today
Congrats to all those receiving II's! And for those with no change / on hold, have no fear! I am sure we will hear more from GW soon!
Submitted secondary: 7/7/2015
Status: Originally no change, just changed to "On Hold" today
Congrats to all those receiving II's! And for those with no change / on hold, have no fear! I am sure we will hear more from GW soon!
Also just got the hold status
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@MarcyTweets and @meetsub
When were your applications completed? (I submitted July 4ish, completed July 10-11ish (one of my LoR was submitted on July 10th and I am still at the "your file is complete" status)
Thanks 🙂
When were your applications completed? (I submitted July 4ish, completed July 10-11ish (one of my LoR was submitted on July 10th and I am still at the "your file is complete" status)
Thanks 🙂
@MarcyTweets and @meetsub
When were your applications completed? (I submitted July 4ish, completed July 10-11ish (one of my LoR was submitted on July 10th and I am still at the "your file is complete" status)
Thanks 🙂
@thebest2all I submitted July 4th and was complete the same day
In case anyone is looking for a good laugh, I just reread my submitted secondary and noticed a fantastic typo. I apparently submitted this secondary stating that my most significant clinical experience involved a "seductive procedure". It was supposed to say reductive. 

I submitted and was complete on the very first day. Still no status update beyond the original 'complete' message. Totally frustrating, but I don't think it's worth worrying about...
Are you finding out about the hold status by just checking the portal or do they send emails about a status change?
Checking the portal
Finished and submitted July 4th. Oddly enough this was at 4:20 PM (I don't know why that makes a difference).@MarcyTweets and @meetsub
When were your applications completed? (I submitted July 4ish, completed July 10-11ish (one of my LoR was submitted on July 10th and I am still at the "your file is complete" status)
Thanks 🙂
Is everyone on hold!?! I'm on hold as well!! haha
I received an interview from Georgetown, and I emailed the admissions office to see if they would be receptive to granting an interview given the circumstances. It says they interview between Sept and March but people are receiving interviews for August? Hmm
@rachiie01 Your avatar is perfect given your application blunder 😛
I received an interview from Georgetown, and I emailed the admissions office to see if they would be receptive to granting an interview given the circumstances. It says they interview between Sept and March but people are receiving interviews for August? Hmm
@rachiie01 Your avatar is perfect given your application blunder 😛
Is everyone on hold!?! I'm on hold as well!! haha
I received an interview from Georgetown, and I emailed the admissions office to see if they would be receptive to granting an interview given the circumstances. It says they interview between Sept and March but people are receiving interviews for August? Hmm
@rachiie01 Your avatar is perfect given your application blunder 😛
I'm not on hold hahaha I'm just complete. They must be trying to keep me at arm's length for fear that I'll try and seduce them!
Don't be neurotic, guys! I'm really trying to just take everything in stride and just let everything roll off me.
And not check over secondaries that I've already submitted anymore.
And not check over secondaries that I've already submitted anymore.
Don't be neurotic, guys! I'm really trying to just take everything in stride and just let everything roll off me.
And not check over secondaries that I've already submitted anymore.
Let's not talk about checking over secondaries, I found a ridiculous error in one of my top schools and feel like my initial submissions are not as strong as the ones I've submitted more recently. Just hoping the core values, dedication and other strengths of my application pull through.
I'm trying to be calm about it, probably would be much more if I didn't stalk this site...
Oh, well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@breezy16 um, did you see my blunder posted above?!
Eh, I'm sure it's not that bad. An additional verb doesn't sound like any big deal, unless the verb was f*cking or something similar 😛
I wonder if secondary insanity has ever gotten to someone that badly....
The verb was there from a previous rewrite of the sentence and had no context in there whatsoever. Something similar to: taught demonstrated but with different tenses, ugh. Terrible. Anyway, I digress.
The verb was there from a previous rewrite of the sentence and had no context in there whatsoever. Something similar to: taught demonstrated but with different tenses, ugh. Terrible. Anyway, I digress.
I submitted 7/8 and am on hold at the moment. Lizzy score of ~72
I just submitted my secondary (received on 7/1). My committee letter will be in by August 7th at the latest (if they go according to their emails). Congrats to everyone getting interviews! I hope to be like y'all in a month 🙂
Yup, still just at the complete, no hold. Submitted 7/7
Do you think that just means we're still in the pile?
D
deleted702880
Seems like it. Submitted 7/11 and still at complete. LizzyM 73Do you think that just means we're still in the pile?
I'm not on hold hahaha I'm just complete. They must be trying to keep me at arm's length for fear that I'll try and seduce them!
How I imagine @rachiie01 right now.
Except that she's not James Franco, but she could be James Franco IF SHE WANTED.
(omg he can't wink 😛)
were you also on hold @DR.EWBIE?
I'm not sure, I wasn't checking my status updates for GW. But I'm sure it doesn't mean anything negative. Ahhhh so excited, II for late August (LizzyM~67 for anyone who's curious). Too bad coast-to-coast flights are so darn expensive!
Let's not talk about checking over secondaries, I found a ridiculous error in one of my top schools and feel like my initial submissions are not as strong as the ones I've submitted more recently. Just hoping the core values, dedication and other strengths of my application pull through.
I'm trying to be calm about it, probably would be much more if I didn't stalk this site...
Oh, well.
Haha! Exactly how I feel!
But no reason to stress, I always felt that secondary essays were just ways in which schools prep for interview questions, and that whether or not you get an II is more dependent upon time of secondary submission, and things from your primary like MCAT, grades, extracurriculars, and personal statement.
I have said it multiple times...reducing how frequently I am on this site has cut my stress in half, and lol @rachiie01 you seductive fox you
Where on a re-review hold by any chance?
If you're asking if I was put on hold first, I was.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you submit/how long were you on hold?
when did you submit/how long were you on hold?
I was complete/submitted 7/8 and was put on hold yesterday I believe.
Seems like it. Submitted 7/11 and still at complete. LizzyM 73
Also complete on 7/11 and no hold yet
D
deleted702880
+1, maybe they're busy arranging this first batch of interviews? Mind if I get your stats?Also complete on 7/11 and no hold yet
