-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those accepted -- after signing the statement of intent there wasn't any deposit we had to pay, right? Also, was anyone else super confused by the accept-decline description...? I spent a solid 5 minutes making sure I wasn't declining my spot, haha.
Yes, this was a real struggle last year! Clicking yes mean you accept the offer and there is no deposit. From personal experience, top schools do not have a deposit (this was true as of last cycle).
For those who received decisions lately, were any of you complete around mid October??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete by?Rejected yesterday pre II.
I'm sorry to hear that :/
Congrats on the acceptances and sorry for the rejects. Hang in there guys!
In either case (acceptance or rejection), it would be helpful to the rest of us in limbo if you would include your complete dates (and other relevant dates), if you haven't already. Thanks!
In either case (acceptance or rejection), it would be helpful to the rest of us in limbo if you would include your complete dates (and other relevant dates), if you haven't already. Thanks!
Good luck. LizzyM 74 complete in mid October so I'm ****ed lmaoJuly 30. LizzyM 78.
Rejected on 12/11/15 pre II
Last edited:
Thanks, you really never know, though. Each school is looking for different things.
Good luck. LizzyM 74 complete in mid October so I'm ****ed lmao
I don't think that's true. I know people who were complete in September who received pre interview rejections
anyone know if JHU is receptive to ITA emails?
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that they received a response, so yes I believe so.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete late November, and was rejected in a quickness.
@breezy16
Here's the unofficially reported match list from a 2013 sdn thread. From my friends currently attending hopkins med it is pretty much always this ridiculously stellar!
Here's the unofficially reported match list from a 2013 sdn thread. From my friends currently attending hopkins med it is pretty much always this ridiculously stellar!
Anesthesiology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Mayo School of Grad Med Educ
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA
Child Neurology
Childrens Hospital-Boston
Childrens Hospital-Philadelphia
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
Dermatology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
NYU School Of Medicine
Emergency Medicine
Alameda Co Med Ctr
Albert Einstein Med Ctr
Boston Univ Med Ctr
Cooper University Hospital
Denver Health Med Ctr
Hackensack Univ Med Ctr
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Madigan Army Medical Ctr-Tacoma
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr
Family Med
U Washington Affil Hosps
General Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Fdn
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
U Louisville SOM
UC San Francisco-East Bay
UPMC Medical Education
Yale-New Haven Hosp
Internal Medicine
Boston Univ Med Ctr
Brigham & Womens Hosp
Brigham & Womens Hosp
Einstein/Montefiore Med Ctr
Hosp of the Univ of PA
Hosp of the Univ of PA
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins/Bayview
Johns Hopkins/Bayview
Johns Hopkins/Bayview
Johns Hopkins/Bayview
Kaiser Permanente-Oakland
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr
U Maryland Med Ctr
U Southern California
UC San Francisco
U Texas Southwestern-Dallas
U Washington Affil Hosps
Yale-New Haven Hosp
Med-Peds
Brigham & Womens Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Neurological Surgery
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
NYMC-Westchester Med Ctr
NYP Hosp-Weill Cornell Med Ctr
UC San Diego Med Ctr
Neurology
Brigham & Womens Hosp
Brigham & Womens Hosp
Hosp of the Univ of PA
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Obstetrics-Gynecology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Ophthalmology
New York Eye & Ear Infirmary
Northwestern University
U Miami/Bascom Palmer
Wills Eye Residency at Jefferson
Wills Eye Residency at Jefferson
Wilmer-Johns Hopkins
Wilmer-Johns Hopkins
Orthopedic Surgery
Allegheny Gen Hosp
Barnes-Jewish Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
U Illinois COM-Chicago
Otolaryngology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
NYP Hosp-Columbia & Cornell
Pathology
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
Pediatrics
Baylor Coll Med-Houston
Childrens Hospital-Boston
Cincinnati Childrens Hosp MC
Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
St Christophers Hosp
U Colorado SOM-Denver
U Washington Affil Hosps
U Washington Affil Hosps
U Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr
UPMC Medical Education
Plastic Surgery
Duke Univ Med Ctr
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA
UCLA Medical Center
Psychiatry
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
U Washington Affil Hosps
Radiation-Oncology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Stanford Univ Progs
Radiology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Oregon Health & Science Univ
U Maryland Med Ctr
Urology
Johns Hopkins Hosp
Thanks a lot, Rocky! (this is insanely amazing to look at)@breezy16
Here's the unofficially reported match list from a 2013 sdn thread. From my friends currently attending hopkins med it is pretty much always this ridiculously stellar!
@breezy16
Here's the unofficially reported match list from a 2013 sdn thread. From my friends currently attending hopkins med it is pretty much always this ridiculously stellar!
Commence drooling
2015 From Another Thread @breezy16
Johns Hopkins
Anesthesiology
U Washington
Child Neurology
Johns Hopkins
Nationwide Childrens
Dermatology
Harvard
Northwestern
U Iowa
U Washington
Emergency Medicine
Baylor
Cook County
Henry Ford
Johns Hopkins
Loma Linda
NYU
Stanford
U Maryland
U Maryland
USC
Yale-New Haven
ENT
Harvard
Harvard
NY Presbyterian
Penn
Family Medicine
East Tennessee
MedStar Franklin Square
U Iowa
Internal Medicine
Boston University
BWH
Emory
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins-Bayview
Johns Hopkins-Bayview
Johns Hopkins-Bayview
MGH
MGH
MGH
Penn
UCLA
UCSF
UT Southwestern
Vanderbilt
Med-Peds
BWH
UCLA
Neurology
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Penn
Neurosurgery
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
OBGYN
Barnes-Jewish
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
UNC
Ophthalmology
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
U Louisville
UT Southwestern
Orthopaedic Surgery
Cedars-Sinai
U Massachusetts
Pathology
MGH
MGH
Pediatrics
All Children’s
Baylor
Childrens-Boston
Childrens-Boston
CHOP
CHOP
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
NY Presbyterian-Cornell
UCSF
UCSF
UCSF
Pediatric Anesthesiology
Johns Hopkins
Plastic Surgery
Barnes-Jewish
Psychiatry
Cambridge Health Alliance
Duke
Johns Hopkins
MGH
MGH
NY Presbyterian
UCLA
Yale-New Haven
Yale-New Haven
Yale-New Haven
Radiation Oncology
Barnes-Jewish
MD Anderson
UCSD
Radiology
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
University of Virginia
General Surgery
BI Deaconess
Duke
Johns Hopkins
San Antonio Military
U Colorado
UCLA
Vanderbilt
Urology
Columbia
Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
Ohio State
How long does their interview season run? I'm one of those low LizzyM applicants that hasn't been axed yet. Either I'm at the bottom of the pile or my non-trad story is interesting enough to have not done away with me just yet. I'll be back in the DC area for the holidays from CA and am wondering if it's in my interest to send an ITA asap given that I'm a fringe candidate at best. Also when should we start losing faith in receiving an interview here? I know Yale/Harvard fill all interview slots by Feb-ish
I think they have 6 weeks of interviews after the holiday season (prob mid Feb)How long does their interview season run? I'm one of those low LizzyM applicants that hasn't been axed yet. Either I'm at the bottom of the pile or my non-trad story is interesting enough to have not done away with me just yet. I'll be back in the DC area for the holidays from CA and am wondering if it's in my interest to send an ITA asap given that I'm a fringe candidate at best. Also when should we start losing faith in receiving an interview here? I know Yale/Harvard fill all interview slots by Feb-ish
For those of you who sent correspondence to Valerie Mazza (post interview), did you receive confirmation from her?
when I sent her my thank you notes I did not receive any confirmation from her, but when I sent an update letter I did receive an email confirming that my file had been updated. Hope that helps!For those of you who sent correspondence to Valerie Mazza (post interview), did you receive confirmation from her?
.
Last edited:
They accept post interview updates
when I sent her my thank you notes I did not receive any confirmation from her, but when I sent an update letter I did receive an email confirming that my file had been updated. Hope that helps!
please excuse my neuroticism, but do you remember how long it took to receive confirmation? it's almost been a week for me now...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When are all these rejections coming this week?
Hopefully they aren't. That would be a terrible early Christmas present......When are all these rejections coming this week?
When are all these rejections coming this week?
They sent out 2,200 on Dec 11th. It's possible that is what they were talking about?
Haha no worries! It took her a day I think? good luck!please excuse my neuroticism, but do you remember how long it took to receive confirmation? it's almost been a week for me now...
They sent out 2,200 on Dec 11th. It's possible that is what they were talking about?
How do you know there were 2200 rejections sent out last week?
How do you know there were 2200 rejections sent out last week?
They posted on their facebook page 🙂
When are all these rejections coming this week?
I think those Hopkins adcoms came on SDN and saw how everyone was expecting rejections this week so they decided to throw us a curveball and send them out early.They sent out 2,200 on Dec 11th. It's possible that is what they were talking about?
I think those Hopkins adcoms came on SDN and saw how everyone was expecting rejections this week so they decided to throw us a curveball and send them out early.
I think the only reason I missed it is because I didn't submit until dec1.
They posted on their facebook page 🙂
WOW that's a lot of rejections--nearly half of completed applications! YIKES!
I think the only reason I missed it is because I didn't submit until dec1.
Oy. Me too, I suspect. Complete 10/25.
WOW that's a lot of rejections--nearly half of completed applications! YIKES!
They only have ~4500 complee applications? I heard this year its much more than ever before..but even then, I thought they have 5000+ completes. These numbers seem low.
Interesting posts from their FB page:
DEC16:
"Greetings,
We are closing in on the 2015 interviewing end date, but have no fear; we still have 7 weeks of interviews to schedule for January and February 2016.
A reminder about updates: we will only accept updates from applicants invited to interview and only after their interview has been conducted. Updates include letters of recommendation or new activities; they also include new grades on the transcript. We ask that you wait to until after you've interviewed to send us updated information."
DEC11:
"Greetings,
The Admissions Office sent approximately 2,200 rejection notices a short time ago and most have opened the e-mails. We wish we could interview everyone who applies and is qualified, but it is impossible for us to do this and get decisions out in a timely fashion. We know that many of those who were denied may still be admitted somewhere, so perhaps we will see you in a few years when you are applying for residency.
All told we have notified more than half of our applicants of a decision (I am including those who were interviewed and were either admitted, wait listed or rejected after being interviewed) and we still have a large number of files to review and interview slots to fill. My hope is that those of you who have not yet heard will not become discouraged: it takes a lot of time to review files, once they have been completed and uploaded for the screening committee. We appreciate your continuing patience and wish you well with your application."
DEC16:
"Greetings,
We are closing in on the 2015 interviewing end date, but have no fear; we still have 7 weeks of interviews to schedule for January and February 2016.
A reminder about updates: we will only accept updates from applicants invited to interview and only after their interview has been conducted. Updates include letters of recommendation or new activities; they also include new grades on the transcript. We ask that you wait to until after you've interviewed to send us updated information."
DEC11:
"Greetings,
The Admissions Office sent approximately 2,200 rejection notices a short time ago and most have opened the e-mails. We wish we could interview everyone who applies and is qualified, but it is impossible for us to do this and get decisions out in a timely fashion. We know that many of those who were denied may still be admitted somewhere, so perhaps we will see you in a few years when you are applying for residency.
All told we have notified more than half of our applicants of a decision (I am including those who were interviewed and were either admitted, wait listed or rejected after being interviewed) and we still have a large number of files to review and interview slots to fill. My hope is that those of you who have not yet heard will not become discouraged: it takes a lot of time to review files, once they have been completed and uploaded for the screening committee. We appreciate your continuing patience and wish you well with your application."
I took the numbers from the first few posts on this thread-- they seem low to me too, but according to their fb page, nearly half of the decisions have been made.They only have ~4500 complee applications? I heard this year its much more than ever before..but even then, I thought they have 5000+ completes. These numbers seem low.
Sending this out for speculation purposes/if anyone has any insider scoop that I'm missing: I interviewed October 30th. Do y'all think I should be expecting to hear some news relatively soon or should I be more looking toward January?
Edit: only asking because the wait from last week's news to now is terrible haha
Edit: only asking because the wait from last week's news to now is terrible haha
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now; LizzyM 77~79; complete late July; what a long 5 months it has been...
what day(s) were available? and congrats!
what day(s) were available? and congrats!
They did not offer multiple interview dates. I was asked to confirm that I could attend the mid-January date they gave me. Oh and thanks a bunch! I remember seeing that teddy bear in a lot of other threads 🙂
Sending this out for speculation purposes/if anyone has any insider scoop that I'm missing: I interviewed October 30th. Do y'all think I should be expecting to hear some news relatively soon or should I be more looking toward January?
Edit: only asking because the wait from last week's news to now is terrible haha
Probably January! They should have told you a date on your interview date, and it may be posted online, but they release decisions on 3 set dates if I recall correctly. I think the first date was supposed to be December 15, but they got them out to us a week early 🙂
They told us on or before Feb 1 for the later interview dates!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K