2015-2016 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted today! MCW is and has always been my #1 choice! Thank you MCW for this amazing opportunity!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
withdrew my acceptance the other day, best of luck to the rest of you

Reactions: 1 user
Received my financial aid packet. Has anyone else been told that they are expected to contribute an amount to tuition? Any way to argue this?

Is there an itinerary for second look? Anyone know the dress code? What we need to bring with us that day?

Withdrew my acceptance today. This was a hard one as it was the first school that told me yes. Best of luck to all of you!

I'm curious when waitlisters will hear about rankings :nailbiting:

Anyone know if there a facebook page for the admitted Class of 2020 up yet?

withdrew my acceptance the other day, best of luck to the rest of you

Withdrew my acceptance today. This was a hard one as it was the first school that told me yes. Best of luck to all of you!

Did you guys withdraw via email? If so, did they respond to confirm? I emailed them a withdrawal email last week and haven't heard back

Did you guys withdraw via email? If so, did they respond to confirm? I emailed them a withdrawal email last week and haven't heard back
I just sent in that form that came in the acceptance packet and checked off "Decline my offer of acceptance"

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not. Do we have to do the MPN's to receive the package, or can those wait?
From what I've read, it seems like those are only needed for the actual disbursement of the package, not for releasing the details of our aid package to us.

Reactions: 1 users
Just called MCW's financial aid office and they said most likely only those who turned their aid applications in as soon as they possibly could will have their final packages available before the April 30th deadline....So that's extraordinarily unhelpful.

I was just accepted off of the waitlist! Can't wait to see you all in the fall!!

Reactions: 3 users
I was just accepted off of the waitlist! Can't wait to see you all in the fall!!
Great to hear it is moving!!! Congrats!
Did you submit a letter of intent or anything that you think helped? This waitlist thing is killing me...

Great to hear it is moving!!! Congrats!
Did you submit a letter of intent or anything that you think helped? This waitlist thing is killing me...
Thank you! And no, I was going to send a letter of intent after I got the email about the waitlist yesterday, but they called before I could send anything! I didn't even get a waitlist ranking.

Has anyone received a rejection from this school yet? I have not received any communication from them since I sent in my secondary in July.

Thank you! And no, I was going to send a letter of intent after I got the email about the waitlist yesterday, but they called before I could send anything! I didn't even get a waitlist ranking.
Waitlist email?

Waitlist email?
Ya I got an email asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist and reminding that I could submit updates or a letter of intent. It was a form email I think just to make sure we are still interested. Maybe in your spam of u are on the waitlist too? PM me if u want to see the whole email. Nothing exciting. Got me all excited when I saw an email from them... :grumpy: Why must they tease me!

Ya I got an email asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist and reminding that I could submit updates or a letter of intent. It was a form email I think just to make sure we are still interested. Maybe in your spam of u are on the waitlist too? PM me if u want to see the whole email. Nothing exciting. Got me all excited when I saw an email from them... :grumpy: Why must they tease me!
I'm on the waitlist but I didn't get that, and it's not in my spam either. Interesting

Withdrawing my acceptance this week. Hope the spot goes to someone still in need!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here later today. Best of luck to everyone! I really liked this school.

What's the general timeline of when we should start contacting potential roommates and looking at housing? Also, I don't think I'll be able to visit Milwaukee before orientation and school start, so what's the best way of finding a place?

What's the general timeline of when we should start contacting potential roommates and looking at housing? Also, I don't think I'll be able to visit Milwaukee before orientation and school start, so what's the best way of finding a place?

There's a roommate spreadsheet going on in the class FB page right now. Also, a lot of current students are posting housing opportunities as well -- be sure to check those out! I would recommend starting your housing search as soon as possible, especially since you are not visiting, since it may take you longer to research apartments/houses and sign a lease. You can PM me for more details on my experiences securing housing :)

Does anyone know of a 1BR apartment within walking distance to MCW under $900/month? Thanks :)

Ahh the waitlist is moooooooving! :D:love::love::happy::soexcited::clap: Just got the call! Doesn't feel real yet!

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew....wish you all all the best for your future careers!! :D

Very happy to call MCW my home for medical school! I interviewed one of the last days and was accepted off the waitlist last Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a friend who lives very close to the MCW Milwaukee campus who has a place for rent. She's a good friend of mine, & if anyone is in need of a place please send me a message so I can get you in touch with her! Good luck to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hey guys I never got an interview here but recently got a rejection email saying I was placed in a pool from which they may extend an interview to. did anyone else get this email earlier on, and were there people who got a rejection that were not placed on this small pool? wondering whether they send the same email to everyone or not

hey guys I never got an interview here but recently got a rejection email saying I was placed in a pool from which they may extend an interview to. did anyone else get this email earlier on, and were there people who got a rejection that were not placed on this small pool? wondering whether they send the same email to everyone or not
People can we rejected at any point in the process, including post interview. The small pool email basically is analogous to your name being on a list for interviews, but they never got down to where your name was on the list - thus the rejection.

People can we rejected at any point in the process, including post interview. The small pool email basically is analogous to your name being on a list for interviews, but they never got down to where your name was on the list - thus the rejection.
ok good to know thx. i wonder how many people got a rejection without being told they were small pooled tho

Hi guys, for those that have been admitted, what were your MCATs and GPA like? Also, when did you start hearing about small pools/Interview Invites/etc...? Very nervously waiting for all of the information...

Does anyone have a link to the facebook page for the Milwaukee campus?

Just got an interview for the MD/MS program. Very interested in the school, any current students in the MD/MS program on here?