2015-2016 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats !!
what dates are available for interviews? stats if you don't mind. Thanks !

Thanks! I'll be interviewing on 3/4. Unfortunately, the e-mail I just received indicated that it would be the last anticipated interview date. Stats: IS, cGPA=3.90 sGPA~3.80, MCAT- balanced 30

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an interview invite and in the email it said March 4th is the last interview date. This was for Milwaukee though. It is very possible that CW and GB have extended interview seasons since they start later.
guess none of us waiting are getting interviews since March 4 is literally in three days. Oh god.

guess none of us waiting are getting interviews since March 4 is literally in three days. Oh god.
Is it possible that is the last date for regular interviews? I know many people in the past, and people I know who attend, have said that MCW conducts interviews separately for waitlist positions. Generally any email II would indicate if you were specifically interviewing for a waitlist spot. Hope springs eternal I guess...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where we can find information on how MCW compares to the national average on board scores?

I called and they said it is not the 15th. I was told it is still in the air but probably the 4th.
On a Monday? Did you ask when they'd officially notify acceptees of the date? Someone who interviewed after i did told me April 15

I was not thinking about that when I called. I could not find any information to corroborate the April 15th posted anywhere, so wanted to confirm before I booked any travel plans. All I got was that's wrong "we're still working on the details but probably April 4th".
What an odd choice of date

Got the Second Look email! It's officially Monday, April 4th. Tickets to Milwaukee that Sunday are so expensive o_O:eek:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Really confused why they made it on a Monday. Even as a Wisconsin resident it's still inconvenient.

Got the Second Look email! It's officially Monday, April 4th. Tickets to Milwaukee that Sunday are so expensive o_O:eek:
Make a short trip out of it and explore the area! Saturday and Tuesday are cheap days to fly! :)

Are we missing out on anything major or important if we don't go to Second Look? I'm not so sure I can afford it, unless I can somehow stay at my student host's place again

any more interview invites here or is this school done? I haven't heard anything

Does anyone know where we can find information on how MCW compares to the national average on board scores?

I'm curious about this too. Wish they also had a match list I could look at.

I'm curious about this too. Wish they also had a match list I could look at.
The match lists are on the thumb drive that was given to you during the interview (it's a thumb drive/lanyard combo) just so you know!

Is there an official FB group for the class of 2020 at Milwaukee?

So this school says they reject people, and have been rejecting people throughout the cycle...but I have yet to see anyone say on this thread they've been rejected... Is this school just spouting the same lies whenever any of us call??

Last edited:
So this school says they reject people, and have been rejecting people throughout the cycle...but I have yet to see anyone say on this thread they've been rejected... Is this school just spouting the same lies whenever any of us call??
People are generally quiet about rejections, but yes they have been happening.
Rejected via email yesterday, good luck everyone :)
Just got my rejection email for GB
Rejected! I would imagine everyone with acceptances will be notified soon.

Called MCW today and they said they are basically wrapping up interviews within 2 weeks.

My friend interviewed 3/4 and said that...Those that interviewed 3/4 hear back the 25th..im soo nervous for you guys.

Beeecause....

1. 3 weeks feels like forever
2. All cards are on the table..people on WL may also jump into the mix.
3. That wait time though!

XOXO you are in my prayers!
I don't think this post is going to help ease any nerves.

Well then, if it's making you nervous. I'll take it down. Thought praying for others was a good thing.
It was a well intentioned post, just idk if outlining why they should be nervous eases nerves much.

It was a well intentioned post, just idk if outlining why they should be nervous eases nerves much.
Oh I see from your perspective.. No no..It's all about perspective. I'm nervous for my friend who interviewed and is waiting ...hence I'm nervous for everyone else. She's not the only one waiting to hear if she got in...I am desperately hoping she gets in..hence my reasons for being nervous. But anywAy...my post shouldn't make any one else nervous..it's hard enough being premed.

I just got an email yesterday and was asked to come interview 3/11. Looking forward to getting my secret thumb drive lol

Reactions: 8 users
I just got an email yesterday and was asked to come interview 3/11. Looking forward to getting my secret thumb drive lol
congrats !! are you IS or OOS?
Stats if you don't mind. Thanks

Has anyone who was accepted 2 weeks ago received their acceptance packet in the mail yet?

Has anyone who was accepted 2 weeks ago received their acceptance packet in the mail yet?
They're working on them one by one (going through the prerequisites) and sending them out as they are done. So it may take some time. I haven't received mine yet. =)

They're working on them one by one (going through the prerequisites) and sending them out as they are done. So it may take some time. I haven't received mine yet. =)

Got it, thanks for letting me know!

Just called them and I was told they are not handing out any more II for the milwaukee campus. Good luck to everyone accepted!

Just called them and I was told they are not handing out any more II for the milwaukee campus. Good luck to everyone accepted!

well that means I got rejected since I've heard nothing. Shucks :(

Got the packet!! It feels so official! :soexcited:

You know that someone is truly your friend when them getting accepted is just as important as you getting accepted. I am so happy that I had to share it. My friend got accepted today and I couldn't stop screaming.

Still haven't received any decision pre-ii. Not a big deal, but curious if there is anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 8 users