2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From support:

Hi there.

Please note that we are experiencing some server errors. This will not negatively affect your test, and we appreciate your patience. An update will be sent out shortly!

Please note that the exam will be pushed back by 30 minutes and will start at 8:30PM EDT. On behalf of the CASPer team, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
 
LOL Just got an email saying that they're trying to fix everything but there might be a 30 minute delay
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just really scared that they won't be able to get it running well, and I'll be moved to the August 16th day. First of all, I'm not certain I can take it that day. Second, it really sucks that this would delay my application by a month.
 
I wish I could demand a refund, but it's FAP so I'm just chilling here like... well I could be doing other things now
 
Are we still able to reschedule if we can't stay until the end of the test because of the reschedule?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've refreshed this page like twenty times in the last twenty seconds and I'm just enjoying the lolz while I wait. :whistle:
 
Ugh. I can't do anything in 20 minutes. No time to eat, shower, work out.... just gotta sit here and waste time.
 
I don't think they realize that pushing the test back half an hour doesn't mean that they have half an hour to work on this because everyone will be logging in before the scheduled start time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm. Let's review our experience of applying to NYMC, shall we?

1. They don't have a "submit" button, just an "exit" button once you get to the payment page. So if you unknowingly click exit without entering other info in (which could happen to anyone), you get locked out of the secondary, and you can't make changes.

2. They're making us take a CASPer test, which is basically an online MMI when they can just go ahead with regular MMI's in interviews.

3. CASPer crashes when everyone's supposed to take it, cuts people off after four sections, and has to reschedule people for tests.

Losing interest in NYMC.