2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

Started by TxC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I interviewed on 9/21. They made the decision by 10/23 (date on letter), but it seems as though letters are only sent once a week, because the envelope was dated 10/29.
Can I ask your stats and how you thought your interview went?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask your stats and how you thought your interview went?

Sure! LizzyM 69. The interview went well. My first interviewer grilled me a bit on ethical dilemmas and life as a physician, but she was not too intimidating about it. My second interviewer and I shared some experiences (we have both worked with the Amish population) and he had several questions about my undergrad institution. It was very conversational and comfortable. It really just depends who you get--some physicians will like to grill you more than others.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just cancelled my interview here. It was scheduled for January so if anyone wants to move dates around there is an opening. Good luck everyone! 🙂
 
So I interviewed 9/25 and haven't heard anything back so I called them and they said they haven't made a decision yet...? Anyone else interview in September with the same situation?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an e-mail from admissions informing me my application has been placed in the "further review" stack pre-interview. I feel like this is probably going to lead to a rejection.

Edit: Complete around 7/24
 
Last edited:
Any idea of how many people that get put into the "further review" stack end up receiving interviews?
 
Hi guys! I'm a long-time lurker of SDN threads and thought I'd join in on the "fun" lol...I just got an II today! I don't know when I was complete...I got the "secondary submitted" email 8/23 that said I'd get a "complete" email in a few weeks but never got the complete email. Anyways, for what it's worth, I'm an MD/PhD applicant and there is no thread for MD/PhD applicants. Good luck!!
 
Hi guys! I'm a long-time lurker of SDN threads and thought I'd join in on the "fun" lol...I just got an II today! I don't know when I was complete...I got the "secondary submitted" email 8/23 that said I'd get a "complete" email in a few weeks but never got the complete email. Anyways, for what it's worth, I'm an MD/PhD applicant and there is no thread for MD/PhD applicants. Good luck!!
Check this out: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2015-2016-md-phd-application-interview-invites.1151119/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad