-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Selected as an alternate 🙁
LizzyM 74, OOS.
Me too. Boo.
Anyone know what their wait list is like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...
Last edited:
Waitlisted as well 🙁 Its was my second time interviewing here and as far as I know, being waitlisted at this point means rejection. SLU doesn't reject anyone. Either waitlist or acceptance. The only people who get in off the wait list are those who interview between December and February.
Accepted! Absolute best day of my life, especially as a reapplicant. I'm rooting for those of you on the waitlist (especially my fellow reapplicants). I hope you hear good news elsewhere or SLU gets their act together and realizes how amazing yall are.
Did those who get accepted attend that student run dinner, interviewer made it seem like it was important
I don't know how my interviewer will present me to committee he wasn't taking notes or anything during my interview. He also interviewed 3 other students same day.
I don't know how my interviewer will present me to committee he wasn't taking notes or anything during my interview. He also interviewed 3 other students same day.
I interviewed on 9/21 and im still waiting for a response. 
Most likey it's because the person who interviewed you hasn't presented yet! You've gotta be soon though! Who interviewed you?I interviewed on 9/21 and im still waiting for a response.![]()
Honest answers please:
How should I feel about not hearing anything yet? I was complete mid July and went under review about a month later. I emailed the admissions office 2 weeks ago and was still "under review".
Am I part of some big batch of rejections coming soon or am I truly still under review and being put on hold. No II yet
How should I feel about not hearing anything yet? I was complete mid July and went under review about a month later. I emailed the admissions office 2 weeks ago and was still "under review".
Am I part of some big batch of rejections coming soon or am I truly still under review and being put on hold. No II yet
Honest answers please:
How should I feel about not hearing anything yet? I was complete mid July and went under review about a month later. I emailed the admissions office 2 weeks ago and was still "under review".
Am I part of some big batch of rejections coming soon or am I truly still under review and being put on hold. No II yet
Honest answer: I have no idea how they do things. Honest opinion/guess: A. Either the person reviewing your file is maybe slower than some other people. B. Possibly passed up for interveiw, but holding on to your application because they might still want to interview you.
Just guesses here, but I hope it works out for you! Good luck!
Waitlisted as well 🙁 Its was my second time interviewing here and as far as I know, being waitlisted at this point means rejection. SLU doesn't reject anyone. Either waitlist or acceptance. The only people who get in off the wait list are those who interview between December and February.
Alternate as well. Interviewed 9/29 and LizzyM 74.
I thought my interview was okay, and I really liked this school. Does anyone know if they ask people to get on a waitlist later?
Really sorry to hear that, guys 🙁 I know we all interviewed the same day. Comparing to last year's thread though it seems like they're waitlisting a lot more people early on than they did last cycle, so maybe that means there'll be more waitlist movement later on. Definitely just speculation, but it makes me feel better about the situation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What dates did everyone pick to interview in November?
No.Is there a difference between wait list and alternate list?
First time poster here! Does anyone who has been accepted know how to sign in to the central portal to pay the deposit? In the email they gave my SLUNetID name but not a password...is it the same as the one we used for the admissions portal? Thanks in advance!
Ok so before you sign in to the main portal you have to use your SLUNet id and your banner id to login to a password change website and change your password. In the email there is a link for first time users that explains this.Your original password is Id(last six digits of banner id). Hope that made senseFirst time poster here! Does anyone who has been accepted know how to sign in to the central portal to pay the deposit? In the email they gave my SLUNetID name but not a password...is it the same as the one we used for the admissions portal? Thanks in advance!
For me none of it worked until Monday ( I got the info on Friday)
Ok so before you sign in to the main portal you have to use your SLUNet id and your banner id to login to a password change website and change your password. In the email there is a link for first time users that explains this.Your original password is Id(last six digits of banner id). Hope that made sense
For me none of it worked until Monday ( I got the info on Friday)
thank you!!
Did those who get accepted attend that student run dinner, interviewer made it seem like it was important
I don't know how my interviewer will present me to committee he wasn't taking notes or anything during my interview. He also interviewed 3 other students same day.
I went to the dinner, and I thought it was pretty helpful. The students gave some tips about interview day and just the overall goals of the school that helped me during my interview. But I don't think it's a make-or-break thing.
Honest answers please:
How should I feel about not hearing anything yet? I was complete mid July and went under review about a month later. I emailed the admissions office 2 weeks ago and was still "under review".
Am I part of some big batch of rejections coming soon or am I truly still under review and being put on hold. No II yet
I was complete same time as you and I just got an II a couple of days ago. So it by no means that you are rejected!
A.) Awesome, creative username. *applause*I was complete same time as you and I just got an II a couple of days ago. So it by no means that you are rejected!
B.) Thank you and @GucciKitty for the responses. It does appear that they do some kind of system where multiple people are deciding who gets II's, and there may or may not be communication between the team of people reviewing apps...they just say "I think these people sound great, give them II's". Not sure if that is how it works but that is what I have been able to gather from SDN. And perhaps they leave certain apps/GPAs/MCATs/demographics for later on down the road. Who knows!
I would love to know this, as well!Does anyone know when Dr. Chamberland will be presenting her interviews?
Question for those with interviews: how do you get to the Anheuser Busch Eye Institute? How far away is it from normal campus? I am trying to schedule my interview and my preferred date only has the Eye Institute as the option. I'm out of state so please let me know!
Thanks!
Thanks!
Question for those with interviews: how do you get to the Anheuser Busch Eye Institute? How far away is it from normal campus? I am trying to schedule my interview and my preferred date only has the Eye Institute as the option. I'm out of state so please let me know!
Thanks!
It's pretty close to the main campus. I caught an Uber there but easily could have walked.
It's pretty close to the main campus. I caught an Uber there but easily could have walked.
Thank you very much!!
Anyone who was verified in July/Aug still pending decision?
Me right here
+1Me right here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
T
Thpinky
How do you check your status? My portal doesn't even say it's conplete but I know I'm complete.
+2, c'mon SLU, love me back!!!Anyone who was verified in July/Aug still pending decision?
Unrelated but I love your name and avatar. Also good luck!+2, c'mon SLU, love me back!!!

Thanks for the good luck. Because I don't need any more bad luck. Do you know how many mirrors I've smashed because I thought it was a blonde woman mocking me?Unrelated but I love your name and avatar. Also good luck!![]()

Welcome to the club amigoAnyone who was verified in July/Aug still pending decision?
That is something you may want to get checked out...if it does not say "complete" on your end there is a great chance something has gone wrong. Unless of course you have gotten confirmation from the adcom office.How do you check your status? My portal doesn't even say it's conplete but I know I'm complete.
How do you check your status? My portal doesn't even say it's conplete but I know I'm complete.
Do you have the green check next to the Application File Complete on the status page? or not even that?
On an unrelated note, for those of you who have interviewed, how long is the interview itself? Mine is in the afternoon following tour/lunch, and I'm just trying to plan flights.
What time of day did any of your II's come? Does anyone know if it comes from any sort of committee or an individual that has reviewed your app?
Well, SLU has given out acceptances the last two Fridays...I've been waiting all week! Are we thinking they will send out some more acceptances tomorrow?
being under review since 9/01... come on Jesuits, show me some love!!!!
Last edited:
Does your status update to let you know when you are under review?being under review since 9/01... come Jesuits, show me some love!!!!
being under review since 9/01... come on Jesuits, show me some love!!!!
same and I had a II in 2012/2013.
Does your status update to let you know when you are under review?
To be honest I never actually paid attention to it if it changed status, all it says "you are complete and under review since 9/01"
when were you complete?
I was complete 9/18.
It doesn't say anything under app status, but in communication history I got an email saying "Your application is now complete and under review."
This whole process is so confusing.
It doesn't say anything under app status, but in communication history I got an email saying "Your application is now complete and under review."
This whole process is so confusing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today! OOS, interviewed 9/14
My acceptance was via email!Acceptances via email or phone call?!
Does this school have a high in-state preference?