You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ugh. I feel so dumb. I know they have a relatively high post-interview acceptance rate and I didn't make the cut.
Don't be too hard on yourself. I was waitlisted here and at Mt Sinai in the 2012/2013 cycle.. I didn't get accepted at either.. my only other interview was Einstein and I was rejected there. Didn't have the greatest interview though.
Thanks! I hope you hear something good soon! I was going slightly crazy waiting so I completely understand. Best of luck to you and everyone here!!Congrats @MerYangBey ! We were the same day so I'm hoping I get an email soon. If I don't I might spontaneously combust. I don't think I can wait another week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted 🙂
Interviewed early October, LizzyM ~ 77
Mind sharing who your interviewer was?
Mind sharing who your interviewer was?
PM'd you
To anyone waiting for decisions: If you call admissions and ask, they can tell you what day your file is being presented to the committee. I think it just depends on your interviewer, not necessarily WHEN you interviewed. Hope that eases your mind 🙂
To anyone waiting for decisions: If you call admissions and ask, they can tell you what day your file is being presented to the committee. I think it just depends on your interviewer, not necessarily WHEN you interviewed. Hope that eases your mind 🙂
Haha, I already emailed them once... do you think it would be too much to call them too?
No I don
No, I don't think so. They are nice and there to help! They will either not notice and reply to both your phone call and email or not reply to your email once the phone call is noted.Haha, I already emailed them once... do you think it would be too much to call them too?
.
Last edited:
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interviewed 9.15
Grateful for this wonderful opportunity!
Congrats to everyone else accepted, and best wishes to those interviewing!
Interviewed 9.15
Grateful for this wonderful opportunity!
Congrats to everyone else accepted, and best wishes to those interviewing!
Waitlisted too. Interviewed on 10/9. Thought I did the best in this interview too
Sorry to hear that 🙁 Misery loves company though, and it's nice not to be the only one. I also thought my interview went well.Waitlisted too. Interviewed on 10/9. Thought I did the best in this interview too
asldfjaslk I'm so eager for news...but I just interviewed last wk.
Same here!asldfjaslk I'm so eager for news...but I just interviewed last wk.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone that interviewed here: does the tour really end at 1? My interview is scheduled at 1 and is way out in ABI
Edit: Also, if you have an afternoon interview we just need to show up at 10:40 at the learning resources center, correct? For some reason I cannot access my portal
Edit: Also, if you have an afternoon interview we just need to show up at 10:40 at the learning resources center, correct? For some reason I cannot access my portal
Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble logging in with their SLU id to pay the deposit? mine says my username or password is not valid?
For anyone that interviewed here: does the tour really end at 1? My interview is scheduled at 1 and is way out in ABI
Edit: Also, if you have an afternoon interview we just need to show up at 10:40 at the learning resources center, correct? For some reason I cannot access my portal
Interviewed here last week. We had lunch from 12-1 (the tour was before). Those who had an afternoon interview were able to leave early to get there in time so I wouldn't worry. Not sure about your second question as I had a pretty early morning interview.
D
deleted631131
Are there any current SLU students wouldn't mind answering my questions?
I can answer questions, though I'd prefer to talk about things actually regarding the school, curriculum, student body, research, etc. as opposed to timing of II's or post-interview decisions.
Interviewed with Dr. Wade 10/6. Accepted on friday!
Congrats! Do you mind posting your stats?
Has anyone else the interviewed on 9/29 heard back?
Is Friday the only day they release admissions decisions?
I have another interview on November 20th at a safetyish school so I want to hear from SLU in the next 2-3 weeks so I can cancel the other interview so someone else can have the interview slot!
Is Friday the only day they release admissions decisions?
I have another interview on November 20th at a safetyish school so I want to hear from SLU in the next 2-3 weeks so I can cancel the other interview so someone else can have the interview slot!
why SLU? is it the patient care, is it the mission and their values?
How receptive is SLU is updates? I've had a dire family emergency happen lately, and on top of me loving SLU as a school, I would love to move back home to St. Louis to be around my family as a lot of things are different now in my life that I need to tend to.
Wouldn't hurt to call the office. The staff seems very friendly, so I am pretty sure they would be receptive to such an update.How receptive is SLU is updates? I've had a dire family emergency happen lately, and on top of me loving SLU as a school, I would love to move back home to St. Louis to be around my family as a lot of things are different now in my life that I need to tend to.
T
Thpinky
Is your portal suppose to say you are complete? Because mine doesn't but I'm pretty sure I sent everything in.
Is it normal to just not get a complete email from Saint Louis?
I interviewed on 9/22 and haven't heard back. If you call admissions they can tell you when you're being "presented" to admissions--depends who interviewed you. And I don't think Friday is the only day.Has anyone else the interviewed on 9/29 heard back?
Is Friday the only day they release admissions decisions?
I have another interview on November 20th at a safetyish school so I want to hear from SLU in the next 2-3 weeks so I can cancel the other interview so someone else can have the interview slot!
I'm in a similar situation except my interview that I don't want to attend is this Friday. If I don't hear by Wednesday, I think I have to go. 🙁
Is SLU receptive to post-interview updates? I haven't received a notification of a rejection/waitlist/acceptance yet, but I interviewed in mid-October.
Just chiming in here - from previous experience, post-decision update letters sent to the admissions office would be the way to go!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They also have a section on their portal to upload additional documents (ie updates). I think that may be the easiest way to send an update.Is SLU receptive to post-interview updates? I haven't received a notification of a rejection/waitlist/acceptance yet, but I interviewed in mid-October.
I interviewed on 9/22 and haven't heard back. If you call admissions they can tell you when you're being "presented" to admissions--depends who interviewed you. And I don't think Friday is the only day.
I'm in a similar situation except my interview that I don't want to attend is this Friday. If I don't hear by Wednesday, I think I have to go. 🙁
So this is a long shot, but has anyone called admissions and knows when Dr. Sotelo-Avila is "presenting" his interviewees?
Another question: SLU does true rolling admissions right? They'll let you know 4-6 weeks after you interview whether you got accepted, rejected, or wait listed? None of this put you on hold for years without telling you what's up stuff other schools do?
Haha
Last edited:
I haveHaha has anyone here got an II and is OOS with a LizzyM 70 or less?
Do they only send decisions on Fridays? I interviewed 9/22 still haven't heard
It seems as though they've sent out decisions on October 15 (which is the first day all medica schools release decisions for non ED applicants) and then again on October 23. So based on that I think they only send out decisions on Fridays. I think I heard somewhere that the admissions committee meets on Fridays so that would make sense.Do they only send decisions on Fridays? I interviewed 9/22 still haven't heard
I was complete on 8/12 and have yet to hear anything back from SLU. Silent rejection? 

Complete 8/6 and I'm still waiting too! I think we have some timeI was complete on 8/12 and have yet to hear anything back from SLU. Silent rejection?![]()
In the same boat as both of you (exc i was complete mid July) and this silence is KILLING me. SLU is my top choiceComplete 8/6 and I'm still waiting too! I think we have some time
This gives me hope. I feel the same wayII today! Complete 7/14, LizzyM ~71
Wow, really wasn't expecting this since I was sure I had been passed over for an interview. Stoked to visit St. Louis!! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happy Thursday! Congrats on II's!
II today. OOS. Complete 7/20! Lizy M ~73
Sending all my good vibes to anyone expecting to hear back today!
All quiet on the western front