2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
true, but there are schools like loma linda, they that extreme ?
Loma Linda isn't that extreme,they usually take quite few non-christian students (it's one of their policies). I am pretty sure that it's hard for ad com to even know whether you are religious or not. You shouldn't be worrying about this aspect of the school.
 
Loma Linda isn't that extreme,they usually take quite few non-christian students (it's one of their policies). I am pretty sure that it's hard for ad com to even know whether you are religious or not. You shouldn't be worrying about this aspect of the school.

it might be hard for them to know whether an applicant is religious or not, but not hard for them o know if an applicant is Christian or not. I have no problem with the universities mission, im actually pro-life as well.
I also don't have a problem with a school being Christian, U.S was founded by Christians anyways.
 
Did anyone receive a complete email? I didnt get an email, but I checked the portal "communication status" tab and it says they sent one. Got me worried I might miss other emails from them..
 
Did anyone receive a complete email? I didnt get an email, but I checked the portal "communication status" tab and it says they sent one. Got me worried I might miss other emails from them..
I did; it said:

Dear Almighty Saguaro,

Thank you for applying to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete and under review. You may upload grade or activity updates to your application throughout the season. The Committee will notify you in writing as soon as any decision is made. No further inquiry is necessary on your part in this interim period.

Office of Admissions
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive a complete email? I didnt get an email, but I checked the portal "communication status" tab and it says they sent one. Got me worried I might miss other emails from them..
I got one 8 days after I submitted my secondary in early July
 
In case others are wondering about this for their own app, I emailed SLU and they said that I am complete even though I never got an email. So if your portal is all green/complete, then you should be good. Obviously it may be best to check, but I was complete even though they never emailed me as such.
 
For those who hadn't previously gotten a completion email, I think they might have re-sent them so you may want to check your emails. I just received another one that was identical to the one I got on August 15.
 
I got the email that my secondary was received on July 4 and I never got the completion email but my portal says that my file is complete. For those who got the email, does your portal status still say 'File complete' or something like 'Under review'?
 
I got the email that my secondary was received on July 4 and I never got the completion email but my portal says that my file is complete. For those who got the email, does your portal status still say 'File complete' or something like 'Under review'?
Complete

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
 
Mom: this must be a good sign, you're on a mailing list! They wouldn't waste money on postage.

Me: yeah the "Hi thanks for giving us your money" mailing list
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm debating whether I should bother writing anything in the additional comments section (I suppose this goes for a lot of other secondaries as well). My personal statement covered pretty much everything, from why medicine to diversity/unique experiences to explanation of academic inconsistencies. I could use the space to explain why SLU, but is it worth it? I would just be listing things off their website that I'm interested in, and I feel they get that from a lot of applicants. At the same time, I don't know if leaving it blank will show I don't really care enough to write anything. What's my best option?
 
I'm debating whether I should bother writing anything in the additional comments section (I suppose this goes for a lot of other secondaries as well). My personal statement covered pretty much everything, from why medicine to diversity/unique experiences to explanation of academic inconsistencies. I could use the space to explain why SLU, but is it worth it? I would just be listing things off their website that I'm interested in, and I feel they get that from a lot of applicants. At the same time, I don't know if leaving it blank will show I don't really care enough to write anything. What's my best option?
I figured that I probably have more to gain than I have to lose, so I wrote a little paragraph about why I'm interested in the program.

With regards to writing generic stuff based on what you see on the website, I figure, at worst, they'll just not bother reading it and it won't help or hurt your application. Or...you could challenge yourself to try to come up with something that's a little more insightful/reflective, depending on how much this school actually means to you. [emoji14]
 
Congrats on your II!

You don't mean 7/5, do you?

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Nope, I submitted my secondary on 7/16 but I did not have all my letters in until 8/5. Probably should have clarified that. I was super surprised to be in this first batch.
 
Nope, I submitted my secondary on 7/16 but I did not have all my letters in until 8/5. Probably should have clarified that. I was super surprised to be in this first batch.
Oh really?!
That's good to know.

Lol, as I was reading this, I got an email and I immediately thought "SLU OMG!"

Nope...Try again; it's was junk from my university :|


Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trying to book a flight out of STL. Anyone know the latest time they've scheduled an interview in the past? The confirmation email after I scheduled an II said more info was coming once I was assigned an interviewer, but I have no idea when that could be.
 
Trying to book a flight out of STL. Anyone know the latest time they've scheduled an interview in the past? The confirmation email after I scheduled an II said more info was coming once I was assigned an interviewer, but I have no idea when that could be.

I believe the latest interview in my group was at 2:00. Some people have them before the afternoon activities and some people have them after.