2015-2016 Saint Louis University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What if we haven't gotten an II yet? Anyone have any idea when they will send more II's out in reference to this "batch one" release today?

SLU is where I belong!!!

EDIT: I ask a lot of million-dollar questions, you'll know if you've seen me elsewhere on SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So in the acceptance email there is a line that says "We would appreciate receiving the official notice of your intent to register next fall within one week." Is that just accepting their acceptance offer, or saying you for sure will go to SLU? I'm guessing the former but want to make sure.
 
So in the acceptance email there is a line that says "We would appreciate receiving the official notice of your intent to register next fall within one week." Is that just accepting their acceptance offer, or saying you for sure will go to SLU? I'm guessing the former but want to make sure.
Congrats on your acceptance! I would guess you are just accepting the acceptance offer. You don't have to choose where you're going until April 30th if I'm not mistaken. What day did you interview?
 
Congrats on your acceptance! I would guess you are just accepting the acceptance offer. You don't have to choose where you're going until April 30th if I'm not mistaken. What day did you interview?
That what I was thinking, but the use of the word "intent" threw me off because it seemed more binding than just accepting their offer. And I interviewed late September.
 
That what I was thinking, but the use of the word "intent" threw me off because it seemed more binding than just accepting their offer. And I interviewed late September.
Hmm well hopefully I'll get an acceptance email soon and we can figure it out together 🙂
 
Does anybody know how likely SLU is to give out scholarship money to accepted students? I'm debating withdrawing from my II...
 
So not hearing anything today = rejection? Interview 9/15
I hope not! I kinda doubt it though... only 3 people posted on here about being accepted and there's gotta be more than that in the first batch. Hopefully they're just taking their time and we'll hear tomorrow or next week!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That what I was thinking, but the use of the word "intent" threw me off because it seemed more binding than just accepting their offer. And I interviewed late September.
My acceptance at a different school said something like: "We're so glad you'll be joining the class of 2020!" when I accepted their offer, but they also say at the bottom of the page that you can withdraw until April 30th. I'm sure it's the same with SLU. Congratulations on your acceptance!
 
Does anybody know how likely SLU is to give out scholarship money to accepted students? I'm debating withdrawing from my II...
What I remember from my interview day is it is all need based. You can get to $5k if you provide your info and up to $10k if you include your parents' too. They had a few other scholarship suggestions one of which they said they were 1 of 3 schools that can receive it
 
I think they have their meetings on Fridays. If thats the case, then I think we wont hear anything today but they will release a batch on Monday
I'm anxious because someone from my interview date posted that they received an acceptance. Now I'm worried I'll be waitlisted..ahhh!! WHen did you interview?
 
mine was on 29th. It really depends on your interviewer. Maybe yours wasn't able to attend the meeting last week or something. Don't panic they will release the decision once they have it, no matter what the decision is
 
I interview on Monday at 10 am and then I have a tour at about 10:40. Can anyone who has already interviewed clue me in on where I need to go for the tour? Also, do I need to check in anywhere before my interview?
You'll all meet up in the conference room before the tour. I'm sure you'll check in at the admissions office in the morning before your interview, and they can show you where the conference room is. Good luck, SLU is awesome! 🙂
 
I interview on Monday at 10 am and then I have a tour at about 10:40. Can anyone who has already interviewed clue me in on where I need to go for the tour? Also, do I need to check in anywhere before my interview?

So my interview was before the tour as well. based on my experience, just go to the admissions office (Room C130) about ten minutes before your interview time. The office is in like the main building close to the fountain. There's a security check-in desk to your right if you walk in from the fountain side. Show up a little early because they may give you walking directions to your interviewer's office. SLU was great and they make it a really pleasant experience, so just relax and be yourself =]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who has been accepted received the email with their SLU ID to complete the deposit? My 48 hours since accepting isn't up yet, but if it doesn't come tomorrow then the Admissions Office won't be open for me to call...
 
Has anyone who has been accepted received the email with their SLU ID to complete the deposit? My 48 hours since accepting isn't up yet, but if it doesn't come tomorrow then the Admissions Office won't be open for me to call...

I'm in the same boat as you, gonna have to contact them on Monday.
 
Do SLU students interact at all with Wash U students?! Like do they share common rotations, profs, etc?!

Not really. Our classes are not integrated. Two separate schools with separate faculty, separate research funding, separate ownership of healthcare networks (SSM vs BJC) and so on.

There is some crossover outside of medical school curriculum. Some SLU students do research in WashU labs, volunteer opportunities throughout STL sometimes have students from both schools, conferences will have attendees from both, and organizations such as medical device startups or software projects may have participation from both student bodies. In these places you "interact" just as you would with professional colleagues.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9/22 still waiting. Stalking last years thread, haha. Seems like some people heard back on Oct 20th last year, which was a Monday. Today could be the day! Or tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day. Lol. Hang in there everyone 🙂