2015-2016 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually sent them an email and they said I could be accepted, but prior to enrollment I would have to finish any outstanding prerequisite classes.
It didn't really seem to answer my question of upper level classes replacing the Gen Bio classes, but I'm going to look further into it. I have plenty of Bio lab experience, just not the gen bio labs. Hopefully this one small detail won't tie me up too much.

Worst comes to worst, you take BioI during Summer II or in the Fall. I don't think the committee letter thing is a big deal, just have your LORs in line.

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received and submitted today! Submitted primary 6/2.

Only 1 more secondary left to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ermegerd still haven't received the secondary yet. Submittied 6/2, verified a couple weeks later, IS. Time to call?

Did anyone get a confirmation after submitting the secondary? I got a fee paid confirmation, but that's it.

Silly question, but for the field that says "I understand that once I submit this application, I will be immediately prompted....etc" do we just type "yes"?

Also, for FAP: do we forward the email to [email protected] or [email protected]?

Silly question, but for the field that says "I understand that once I submit this application, I will be immediately prompted....etc" do we just type "yes"?

That's what I did

Welllll I'm a silly and actually typed/signed my name without thinking (which is similar to what another secondary had me do). Typing "yes" makes 100x more sense.:smack:

Reactions: 1 user
just got a 'received app' email. even though i got a complete email on the 24th.. weird

just got a 'received app' email. even though i got a complete email on the 24th.. weird
same here. They're signed differently. Maybe the first was just everything was complete in the file, now the actually admissions committee has received it.

same here. They're signed differently. Maybe the first was just everything was complete in the file, now the actually admissions committee has received it.

+2 for the e-mail... I was confused about it too.

About to begin M1 at Upstate, just a word of advice to you guys and gals... check your spam folders for emails from Upstate!! A couple of emails (including my acceptance email) got sent to my Spam folder, leading to some mild heart attacks. Set a filter. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how long after you submitted the secondary did you get an application is complete email? i submitted 3 days ago and when i log back into my supplementary app it says supplemental load process next to supplementary application

I have a good feeling about the week of 8/3 :)

Just about. 7/31/14 was the earliest reported I believe.

how long after you submitted the secondary did you get an application is complete email? i submitted 3 days ago and when i log back into my supplementary app it says supplemental load process next to supplementary application

Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete/your stats?

Sure, LizzyM~73, compete 6/7, NY resident, anesthesia tech. Hang in there guys, I hope to see you all there September. If anyone needs to carpool, let me know!

Sure, LizzyM~73, compete 6/7, NY resident, anesthesia tech. Hang in there guys, I hope to see you all there September. If anyone needs to carpool, let me know!

You were complete June 7th? Did you mean 7/6? :p

Also, did you get an email or did it just happen to show on the portal? I heard that people last year didn't always get emails.

Also, did you get an email or did it just happen to show on the portal? I heard that people last year didn't always get emails.

Sorry yes I meant 7/6! And yes, I was notified by an email that went straight to my spam folder, was a miracle I didn't delete it.

Sorry yes I meant 7/6! And yes, I was notified by an email that went straight to my spam folder, was a miracle I didn't delete it.

Does it show on the portal too? Ya know, in case someone does delete the email :p

Does it show on the portal too? Ya know, in case someone does delete the email :p

Yes there was also a portal change. In my case it wouldn't have done any good to get a portal thing without an email since I've applied to so many places, can't really check every single one individually

II as well! OOS, granted I did grow up in NY, go to college in Syracuse and perform research through Upstate prior to leaving the area 3 years ago. And yes, it does show up on the portal in quite an obvious fashion.

I submitted the secondary on June 17th. They never actually told me I was complete, but it appeared they had already received my LORs.
I submitted on July 15, should have been marked as complete immediately (my LoR's have been in since early July), but didn't receive the official "complete" email until July 24.

Pardon me, I submitted on July 17th! I don't know where that June came from! Clearly I am no longer oriented to time......:hungry:

I submitted on the 28th and received an email saying items are still missing, logged in and saw that they haven't gotten my LOR yet. Letter is definitely at AMCAS, and I've completed plenty of other apps with no problem. Anyone else have this issue?

I submitted on the 28th and received an email saying items are still missing, logged in and saw that they haven't gotten my LOR yet. Letter is definitely at AMCAS, and I've completed plenty of other apps with no problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Yes several of us had this issue. I believe the incomplete email is automated, and the office of admissions just hasn't had a chance to download your letters yet.

Yes several of us had this issue. I believe the incomplete email is automated, and the office of admissions just hasn't had a chance to download your letters yet.
Got it, thank you

Is the link to check application status the same link that we completed the secondary application on?

ok thanks so much! that is where I was checking at. I submitted a week ago and it still says supplemental load process and then nothing in the status column. Does this change after you are complete and about how long did it take?

Do MMI's involve only one applicant and an interviewer or several applicants in a scenario? Just trying to get a feel for how to prep for the interivew

IS II!!!!!!! Non-trad with LizzyM of 69

Verified end of June, secondary recv'd 7/14, sub'd 7/15, missing items 7/21, complete 7/25, and II 8/4!

Idk about this particular school but my pre-health advisor told me that MMI's can be either alone or with partners...

Reactions: 1 users
IS II!!!!!!! Non-trad with LizzyM of 69

Verified end of June, secondary recv'd 7/14, sub'd 7/15, missing items 7/21, complete 7/25, and II 8/4!

Idk about this particular school but my pre-health advisor told me that MMI's can be either alone or with partners...

Congrats! And thanks for posting!

In the portal where you check your application if you click on your submitted app it has a checklist for you. Once of the checklist options is "High School Transcript." You don't seriously need to send this do you? I didn't have to last year when I applied!

In the portal where you check your application if you click on your submitted app it has a checklist for you. Once of the checklist options is "High School Transcript." You don't seriously need to send this do you? I didn't have to last year when I applied!

I don't see that on mine, did you pick the wrong application type or something?

How long did it take you guys to get payment confirmation/ secondary submitted confirmation? I submitted payment/ app today and see that the charge is already on my card but I haven't gotten any emails.. Checked spam.