2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I paid for my deposit and accepted the technical standards.. but the Offer page has the "Yes, I accept this offer of admission" and "No, I decline this offer".. This is for when you actually make your decision to matriculate to TCMC, right?
No! Accept the offer! That's how they hold the spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ahh ok! How long does it take for them to get back the forms for matriculation?
I'm not sure. I was accepted October 15th, and since depositing / accepting I've only received 1 additional correspondence from them and it was basically a "please come here" letter so I'm really not sure when we start filling out the really important documents and what not.

Members don't see this ad :)
No! Accept the offer! That's how they hold the spot.

Haha oops, I would have just let it sit there and then I would have lost my spot. :whistle: I swear, I'm smart! I got into med school! :p

Looks like the committee only reviewed upto 11/11/2015....Unfortunately I don't think the rest of us will hear anything for another month. I tried calling admissions but it keeps going to voicemail :(
I have a feeling we might hear this week because the people that interviewed the week before us pretty much heard from them last week. I'm just praying to hear before the holidays.

Looks like the committee only reviewed upto 11/11/2015....Unfortunately I don't think the rest of us will hear anything for another month. I tried calling admissions but it keeps going to voicemail :(

how do you know what date they got up to? Was hoping to hear before the new year but didn't interview before then ☹

Last edited:
I have a feeling we might hear this week because the people that interviewed the week before us pretty much heard from them last week. I'm just praying to hear before the holidays.
That will be the best Christmas gift ever.

Last edited:
From past trends , they release acceptances one day a month after the monthly committee meeting. The deferral and acceptance decisions from this months meeting seem to have already been released last week. The post-interview rejections are sent via mail so it might take a while for applicants to get those. The latest interview date they reviewed is probably 11/11 or 11/13...again I'm basing this on SDN posts from last week and past cycles. Plus admissions office is closed from Dec 24th -Jan 1st. I could be wrong ...I am actually reallllly hoping I am wrong :D
Rejections will come via email too. The last cycle I applied, I got an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the week of 11/16 interviews heard anything yet? At all?

Anyone know if one interview holds more weight? I made the assumption that the faculty one did, but never actually confirmed. Thanks

Anyone know if one interview holds more weight? I made the assumption that the faculty one did, but never actually confirmed. Thanks

Faculty will def count for more but I would assume the student interview counts for something. They go through training to become an interviewer and so I can't imagine them going through all that for the student interview not counting for anything.

Faculty will def count for more but I would assume the student interview counts for something. They go through training to become an interviewer and so I can't imagine them going through all that for the student interview not counting for anything.
Ummm... They gave us a sheet of sample questions and told us not to ask anything stupid... Lol

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering the same thing!

Please post if someone ends up making one! I'm happy to create a group if no one else wants to. I know it's early, but I think there a few of us who are pretty certain about TCMC.

You should
Hmm... so it won't let me create a group without first choosing friends to add to the group. If someone wants to friend me on FB, I can go ahead with making the page. Just PM me with your FB name.

do you know this for sure?

Anyone know if they will let you know the status of your app if you call them? Just tried but nobody was there.

Edit: never mind. All they said was check the application portal. Lol.

Last edited:
I mean it would logically make sense that faculty weighs more than student.

thats what I had assumed too, but at another school's interview with both a faculty and student interviewer, they turned to be weighted equally, so :shrug:

Got a II today. They have openings for 10 more interviews. I will being withdrawing though. Good luck to everyone!

Edit: On Monday I received my first email encouraging me to apply to TCMC's MBS program. I assumed that meant that they passed over my app, but apparently not

Last edited:
Got a II today. They have openings for 10 more interviews. I will being withdrawing though. Good luck to everyone!

Edit: On Monday I received my first email encouraging me to apply to TCMC's MBS program. I assumed that meant that they passed over my app, but apparently not
When were you complete?

you got an interview invite on a Saturday! :O

interviewed there on 11/11 got my acceptance 12/10 via email

Last edited:

How did you find out about 'only 10 more interviews'? Do you mean there are 10 more dates available?

you got an interview invite on a Saturday! :O
Yep, and the day after Christmas. I'm assuming an automated computer program that sent out the interview, haha.

@nellbrah188 There were 10 dates to choose from to schedule my interview. Which is a lot considering that there are only 2 more months of interviews.

Yep, and the day after Christmas. I'm assuming an automated computer program that sent out the interview, haha.

@nellbrah188 There were 10 dates to choose from to schedule my interview. Which is a lot considering that there are only 2 more months of interviews.
Totally thought you meant only 10 more people would receive interviews lol.

Rejected this morning, pre-II, OOS, LizzyM~70. Complete 9/22. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
II this morning! Woah, I was not expecting to hear back from this school but am very excited to have been given an interview!

Reactions: 2 users