2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning as well! OOS complete mid-August.

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected today pre-II, OOS, complete mid-Sept! Good luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I never submitted my secondary, but I saw that the deadline is jan. 15th and I'm realizing I really like what this school stands for. Should I even bother sending a secondary in now? I truly like the school's mission

Interview invite, in-state, and submitted 11/12 (oops). I really thought that was too late!

Crickets chirping on the post interview decision front...

Application deferred today--interviewed 12/4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Application deferred, interviewed 11/21

Reactions: 1 user
Just got deferred today. Bummed . This is my number 1 option. Anyone get deferred but end up getting in?? And how long it usually takes to hear back??

Just got deferred today. Bummed . This is my number 1 option. Anyone get deferred but end up getting in?? And how long it usually takes to hear back??

There was at least one person on this thread who was deferred and got in and another I know personally so (as they mentioned at the interview) it definitely isn't a death sentence.

I'd imagine it's highly variable when you can expect to hear back after deferral since they review your application at each committee meeting, thereafter.

There was at least one person on this thread who was deferred and got in and another I know personally so (as they mentioned at the interview) it definitely isn't a death sentence.

I'd imagine it's highly variable when you can expect to hear back after deferral since they review your application at each committee meeting, thereafter.
Awesome! Thanks so much haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Have people been rejected post interview or is it only deferred/accepted decisions going out right now?

Although I personally did not interview at TCMC, I know 4 people who did. They all interviewed between mid-November and December. They all received a deferral today, quite literally at the same time. Right down to the minute. Through the grape vine, one of the interviewees was told that TCMC is simply behind on reviewing applicants due to the holiday season; therefore, they had to send a mass deferral email to applicants coming close to the 8 week decision deadline to avoid calls and complaints. If this is true, then the deferral status isn't a death sentence at all, just a safety net for the admissions committee.

Again, this is all hearsay. But it does sound very plausible! I just wanted to offer up some words of encouragement to help ease some nerves until officials decisions are made!

Reactions: 3 users
I got deferred yesterday and then got an email today saying my application was withdrawn? anyone know what happened -- is that just a rejection?

I got deferred yesterday and then got an email today saying my application was withdrawn? anyone know what happened -- is that just a rejection?

I would definitely call them, that sounds weird

Interviewed back in September, deferred in October, accepted today! Never saw this coming, don't lose hope guys! :)

do they email out rejections around the same time as acceptances?

do they email out rejections around the same time as acceptances?

I may be wrong but I believe I heard someone say that only a letter would be mailed to you if you were rejected.....I'm not 100% positive though

If it's a rejection post-interview, is the decision reflected on the portal before you even get the letter?

If it's a rejection post-interview, is the decision reflected on the portal before you even get the letter?

On the portal the only thing that was different was an added tab of "offer" I don't think there would be anything for a rejection

Today, my status finally changes.

October Interview --> November Hold --> Acceptance Today

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Today, my status finally changes.

October Interview --> November Hold --> Acceptance Today

congrats! giving me hope as well.

did you any any updates while you were defered? thanks! :)

Accepted!!! Complete mid aug interviewed 10/16 gpa 3.8 mcat 30 military experience as surgical tech with alot of community service. For those of you that are still waiting do not lose hope!!

If I haven't received any emails and I interviewed Nov 20, is it safe to say that I was rejected?

If I haven't received any emails and I interviewed Nov 20, is it safe to say that I was rejected?

No that would be ridiculous. they send out acceptances over time and you could have just not been reviewed this round. they do not do post interview silent rejections.

No that would be ridiculous. they send out acceptances over time and you could have just not been reviewed this round. they do not do post interview silent rejections.
I keep seeing people say that they send rejections via snail mail though. So wouldn't the people who were deferred/accepted hear their verdict before the people who were rejected?

I keep seeing people say that they send rejections via snail mail though. So wouldn't the people who were deferred/accepted hear their verdict before the people who were rejected?

Historically they have been doing rejections and wait list before acceptances.

Last edited: