2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was deferred as well and am in a perpetual state of hope that us deferred-folks will eventually hear goods news

+1

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at TCMC in the fall, was just wondering if anyone else is set on going there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hi! I'm pretty set on TCMC too-- I cancelled my other interviews and withdrew my applications from all but two other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/9...deferred today:/ I was really excited about going to this school

Has anyone from the 10/28 interview heard back yet? Also, how are you guys finding out about your statuses? Did you get emails or did your portal change?

I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at TCMC in the fall, was just wondering if anyone else is set on going there?

Hi! I'm pretty set on TCMC too-- I cancelled my other interviews and withdrew my applications from all but two other schools.

Just a few more schools I'm waiting to hear from. Otherwise I'll be at TCMC next fall.

damn it so ive been silent since my app was complete in september, is there any chance I m gonna hear back?

They do. Most of them to students that are from the NEPA or central PA area. I don't know when they tell you, but I'm assuming it's before matriculation.
There are more scholarships available than ever before - a very large grant was given to the school recently specifically for scholarships, and I received one even though I'm not a NEPA student.

I think that has been the pattern, deferrals are in the morning and acceptances come later in the day. Are you waiting for a post interview result?
I thought acceptances generally come the week after deferrals

Members don't see this ad :)
some of us have been waiting since July haha
wow, thats crazy. I wish these schools would at leaast update us. Im tired of waiting around. Its practically janurary with no activity with the holidays coming up i expect. AHHHHHH. I swear even if I end up at my dream school, this process is NOT worth it. My advice to all applicants--just go into business!

Accepted just now via email! I'm blown away, I fell in love with this school while I was up there (interviewed 11/6). I hope all of you guys hear good news soon.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted just now via email! I'm blown away, I fell in love with this school while I was up there (interviewed 11/6). I hope all of you guys hear good news soon.
See you there next fall!

Congrats! Such a good feeling!

Accepted via Email!!! Interviewed 9/28, OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted via Email!!! Interviewed 11/11 IS

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone accepted today!!!!!!

I think I'm pretty set on TCMC too. Not withdrawing other II or applications until I can confirm TCMC won't revoke my acceptance for the C+ I'm about to get in my advanced biochemistry class..............do you think they would?! Real question help please.

Congrats to everyone accepted today!!!!!!

I think I'm pretty set on TCMC too. Not withdrawing other II or applications until I can confirm TCMC won't revoke my acceptance for the C+ I'm about to get in my advanced biochemistry class..............do you think they would?! Real question help please.
shut up.

My friend had her acceptance reconsidered at an MD school last year due to a C.....she had to go in front of a committee and explain ...... so it was a real question. Thanks for the help, though?

My friend had her acceptance reconsidered at an MD school last year due to a C.....she had to go in front of a committee and explain ...... so it was a real question. Thanks for the help, though?
I mean, it does say in the acceptance letter "This acceptance is contingent upon your satisfactory completion of all premedical requirements and any course work that is being undertaken during the present academic year," so you may want to start preparing yourself on how you might handle this if they bring it up.

I would just call and ask what constitutes "satisfactory completion" -- if it's just a passing grade, you're fine.

There are more scholarships available than ever before - a very large grant was given to the school recently specifically for scholarships, and I received one even though I'm not a NEPA student.
Nice!

Are you a current student? If so, would you mind messaging me about the scholarship? I'm also not a NE PA student (close, but I'm SEPA).

Do post-interview rejections typically come by mail?

whelp finally got rejected from here :/ here's to more luck as the cycle progresses, and GL everyone! TCMC is an awesome school :)

whelp finally got rejected from here :/ here's to more luck as the cycle progresses, and GL everyone! TCMC is an awesome school :)
Sorry to hear that. When were you complete and did they email you?

accepted yesterday...oos...interviewed 11/09. first acceptance - what a weight off the shoulders. most likely going to attend tcmc...super excited.

LizzyM score was 66

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to everyone receiving rejections, but I am definitely excited to see some people getting accepted and others getting close to (or already) knowing that they will be at TCMC! Really am excited to get to know you all!

Rejected too, not rly concerned about it. Email was super nice and said I should apply for the MBS program...is that a genetic rejection response? Not gonna do it but curious nonetheless

Are you a current student? If so, would you mind messaging me about the scholarship? I'm also not a NE PA student (close, but I'm SEPA).

There are a list of external scholarships that you can apply for on their website. It seems like internal scholarships are given based on need and will be awarded along with financial aid packages. There are a list of TCMC scholarships, but I don't think you can actually apply for them.

There are a list of external scholarships that you can apply for on their website. It seems like internal scholarships are given based on need and will be awarded along with financial aid packages. There are a list of TCMC scholarships, but I don't think you can actually apply for them.
is*, ugh long day today

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Question- after submitting the deposit + accepting the technical standards, do we have to do anything until they tell us to do the background checks? Or is that done through AMCAS? #Replypost

Question- after submitting the deposit + accepting the technical standards, do we have to do anything until they tell us to do the background checks? Or is that done through AMCAS? #Replypost
Nope! You're good to go until they reach out with more for us to fill out.

I paid for my deposit and accepted the technical standards.. but the Offer page has the "Yes, I accept this offer of admission" and "No, I decline this offer".. This is for when you actually make your decision to matriculate to TCMC, right?